• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

mslano

Smash Journeyman
@ mslano: Are you TREX on Brawl? Luigi, I should've known. Lag wasn't even that bad. I wanted to play more, but I only had time for a few games. Everyone's Brawl name is different from here on the boards, so I can't always tell who's who.
Yeah, that's me. I carried over my tag from Melee (the newer one anyway, not SLIM from before last year). I've added a comment on there to help remind people why I use the name - "T is for Thesaurus."

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Thesaurus Wrecks. Good games.

Ah. Sensai. Of course. Well, I'm ROB, of course.

@ahrnygoose: yeah I'll check it out. I'm a total n00b about that stuff and wanna know what the cool kids use.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Thesaurus Wrecks. Good games.

Ah. Sensai. Of course. Well, I'm ROB, of course.

@ahrnygoose: yeah I'll check it out. I'm a total n00b about that stuff and wanna know what the cool kids use.
i'll get x-fire too. i agree that we should have some form of voicechat while brawling online. it always adds to the flavor.

@goose: added! my tag is MAJST.

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
I'm a little late on the train, but thanks to everyone who came out to my house on Saturday. We had a good time!

I have that water bottle sitting on the counter, the beer on the other hand.... It got left in the freezer and exploded. Quite amusing the next day. Sorry for your loss. :(

Midguy

Smash Cadet
We definately need to get some better way to communicate. Last night I was doing gamebattle matches cause no one was on and then when I was about to start a match, Joot was trying to join my game. I wanted some kind of way to say, "Hey, give me a minute and we can play after this match," but instead I had to keep rejecting his attempt to join the game. And of course, when I was done with my match, he was gone and I was left without a friend to play with.

I hate Nintendo.

I love Wolf

Cake is pretty high up there too.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
@ Rigor Mortis: Oh! I'm so sorry about your freezer. I hope the cleanup was minimal.

@ Midguy: When I got on, JWT was playing some other dude and you were online, but I couldn't get anyone to join my game. That's how it goes. We'll figure something out for comms.

j00t

Smash Champion
@ Rigor Mortis: Oh! I'm so sorry about your freezer. I hope the cleanup was minimal.

@ Midguy: When I got on, JWT was playing some other dude and you were online, but I couldn't get anyone to join my game. That's how it goes. We'll figure something out for comms.
I was playing with an old programming buddy of mine, so if I rejected your attempts to join my game i'm sorry. :D

Majist

Smash Journeyman

same with me. comms is a must.

Midguy, i kept trying to join you today, but i kept getting disconnected D: i just now resetted my router. i wanna play you sometime.
MAJIST i added you, but you should know that my name on xfire is "ahornygoose". the name i use on the forum is the same name i use on xbox live.

and moogle, thanks for adding me on the list.
ah! good. i still need to download it :D
When do people wanna smash? :x tonight? Thursday?
i say thursday, i can't come tonight.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
When do people wanna smash? :x tonight? Thursday?
Thurday would be awesome for me and i'd love you all if we could meet up that night. I feel like i've gotten my tech sill with my falco up to where i don't have to think so much about my moves.

So ya lets all play thursday ^^

Sensai

Smash Master
Ventrillo is good for voice chat...lots of people canbe in one room and I already have a server...but xfire's good.

Also, I am debating between Olimar and Meta now...so, I guess those are my guys? Don't bother putting it in the OP...it'll change soon anyways.

Edit: also, ooVoo is a pretty good IM/vid chat client. Just tossing out ideas.

Midguy

Smash Cadet
Ventrillo is good for voice chat...lots of people canbe in one room and I already have a server...but xfire's good.

Also, I am debating between Olimar and Meta now...so, I guess those are my guys? Don't bother putting it in the OP...it'll change soon anyways.

Edit: also, ooVoo is a pretty good IM/vid chat client. Just tossing out ideas.

I really like the idea of Ventrilo since I'm familiar with it and you already have a server set up.

@Sunrise - I added you a couple of days ago and am still waiting on registration on your end (unless you did it last night)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I rather dislike the new Bowser, but Charizard is really growing on me.

Apparently, I always have to play a dinosaur-esque creature of some sort.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
what's wrong with the new bowser? i figured you would like him. :/ but charizard is great. he's my favorite of the three.

so i guess once we decide on what program to use for voice chat, i'll download that one^.^ i'm sorry i can't really provide much input on the subject, the only voice chat i have is on yahoo messenger, but i don't even know if it's that good or not.

Sage07

Smash Apprentice
Hey, you guys don't mind if i add your Brawl code do you? Anyway and i'd like to be added to the roster,

Sage!~Falco/Mario

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Too bad everyone doesnt have XBL and a certain game then that would work out perfectly. I could download whatever you guys want to use but i dunno how good it would workout for me cause my computer is in the next room. Also if you want me opinion on the client to use... i suggest "Team Speak".

saintrage

Smash Cadet
i am familiar with teamspeak and ventrillo and they both work well. Since we already have a vent server i'd suggest we use vent.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i used ventrilo like 5 years ago when me and my buddies tryed to join a CS 1.6 league in which we routinely were *****
but i doubt i remember anything about it, but seems like vent is the best choice right now.

also good games yesterday dudes. george's kirby is ****

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
On the subject of comms.

I've been checking out a few of the programs that have been suggested. Ventrillo and Teamspeak claim to have low bandwidth and CPU usage and the only thing holding me back from going that route is the fact that someone has to set up the server side. Since Sensai has a Vent server, I'd say lets all just download Vent's client-side software and give it a shot. In other words, I agree with Midguy.

Sensai, I suppose we'll need some information to connect to your server so be prepared to give that out.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Still using Yoshi here, but I really like Lucario a lot too, plus he's an actually good character. I'm still best with Yoshi now, but that's just because I'm used to the character. And Zelda, I likes Zelda too. And Ike, but everyone likes him.

ahrnygoose

Smash Rookie
Yeah, we definately need to get together and play more often here in Birmingham (minus Janitor since he'll be back in Tuscaloosa soon). Way better than playing online, since I can't physically intimidate people over the intraweb.
well i'm cool with ya'll coming by on tuesdays, though i think you should bring some beer next time, mid. :laugh:

ahrnygoose

Smash Rookie
On the subject of comms.

I've been checking out a few of the programs that have been suggested. Ventrillo and Teamspeak claim to have low bandwidth and CPU usage and the only thing holding me back from going that route is the fact that someone has to set up the server side. Since Sensai has a Vent server, I'd say lets all just download Vent's client-side software and give it a shot. In other words, I agree with Midguy.

Sensai, I suppose we'll need some information to connect to your server so be prepared to give that out.
i've never used either one of those but i'll take a look at them.

Sensai

Smash Master
It appears that I should have made sure with my sources before I promised a Vent server.

Last I had checked (2 months ago, absolute most) we had a Vent server and it seemed that all was well (it was a good way for me and most of my friends to keep in touch). However, it seems as if that server might've gone under. I'll figure out and get back to you guys.

:-/

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Sensai, we need:

1: The name of the server.
2: The servers hostname or IP address.
3: The servers port number.
4: The servers password (if required).

For Vent.

Sensai

Smash Master
Rob:

None of those things exist anymore, as the Vent server is no longer in existence. The problem? Money.

/facepalm

Sorry guys.

j00t

Smash Champion
You can always chill on my CS clan's Vent server, as long as you obey their rules.

Top Bottom