• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
tell me what you think. I've been thinking about writing for awhile. I'll eventually add an intro explaining the triangle and some more stuff but now I think it's a good first draft
I thought this was really well done. I'm disappointed that I still don't know Arkaizer's real name.

One thing, which you probably weren't trying to sound prideful, but I felt like you were a little harsh on yourself. You highlighted more negative than positives.

Keep it up!

Edit: to clarify, don't keep up the negative highlighting. Keep up the good work you are doing.

Last edited:

Will_

Smash Journeyman
So after watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-PtKZCjkQo I'm thinking his best moves are going to be

first two hits of jab
utilt
uair (depending on landing frames this can prob be used like warios uair so you can do falling uair all day)
bair (FEELIN LIKE IKE SO FAR)
fair (sorta, looks hella unsafe on shield but high priority and low-risk high-reward edgeguard)
all smashes(all seem to have a different niche, usmash is anti-air, dsmash is quick punish and fsmash is your hope-I-read-this-right KO move.)
sideB limit break (fast startup, invincibility frames???, gigantic hitbox and probably good kill power too.)

As long as his grab game is decent, Cloud looks like he'll be a solid char. Not to mention I'm an ff7 fanboy so SIGN ME THE **** UP.

Also noting that all of his aerials seem unsafe on shield cept maybe bair. I'm hoping that side b and charged down b have good shield pressure along with down b having some momentum shifting(if it can even be charged in the air, that is).

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
So after watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-PtKZCjkQo I'm thinking his best moves are going to be

first two hits of jab
utilt
uair (depending on landing frames this can prob be used like warios uair so you can do falling uair all day)
bair (FEELIN LIKE IKE SO FAR)
fair (sorta, looks hella unsafe on shield but high priority and low-risk high-reward edgeguard)
all smashes(all seem to have a different niche, usmash is anti-air, dsmash is quick punish and fsmash is your hope-I-read-this-right KO move.)
sideB limit break (fast startup, invincibility frames???, gigantic hitbox and probably good kill power too.)

As long as his grab game is decent, Cloud looks like he'll be a solid char. Not to mention I'm an ff7 fanboy so SIGN ME THE **** UP.

Also noting that all of his aerials seem unsafe on shield cept maybe bair. I'm hoping that side b and charged down b have good shield pressure along with down b having some momentum shifting(if it can even be charged in the air, that is).
I think he's going to be really decent. It's possible that his range with his aerials could be safe on shield with the combined shield stun and any autocancel windows, if he has them. If he can't autocancel his aerials, then yeah, pretty unsafe.

His recovery isn't too great. If he's got limit breaker, its better. I didn't see any moves that could help his horiztonal recovery.

I wonder if his Fsmash can be canceled like Link's if he misses. Would be nice if you could choose to continue or not.

I think your spot on.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
he'll probably be mid high. i'm guessing he'll do a lot of damage per hit, but his aerial game is looking shulk-ish...unless he's got some B move gimmicks, it seems like holding shield is going to counter him pretty hard.
unless he can do 50% off of a throw or has a move or setup that reliably kills sub 100% he'll probably avoid high tier

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
It'd be best if the tournament hosts knew the smashboard usernames prior to posting the tournaments. So they could tag them. Granted the players themselves should be on top of it anyway.

Keet

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, but it was these guys's first tournament, and kind of their introduction to the competitive scene in Bama. Definitely not a bad tournament at all for the first one. You should come out for the next one Saki- Saki- ! I'm going to try to convince them to do melee and PM as well.

powergamer

Smash Apprentice
we already have both a melee and PM PR, refer to zylo for more information

unless you mean character tier list, in which case, MEH

Last edited:
Top Bottom