• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Hells yea man, you know i would be all for a money tourny... but yea it is up to you though cause i dont know how many people would show. I could get the people from muscle shoals and tuscumbia to come but im pretty sure that more people would come from UNA so yea..

lol that would be awesome moogle, something to actually put Alabama on the map =P

Sensai

Smash Master
Wow, Thief. Didn't expect to see you here.

moogle said:
I've long wanted to have a thread in the 1v1 videos section called "Alabama is ok at smash."
My new signature.

And yes, then? Bring a camera? I don't have a video capture card, nor do I know anyone who does (I think my ex's brother might...?), so that's out. Camera, then.

moogle

Smash Ace
Oh oh oh, use my favorite one against Wes, it looks good ;D
Haha. For all the world to see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghvmG24W1qw

Though, we are thinking of recording videos tonight. :o And that's what I was thinking of having in the thread. :o

p.s. I have a VCR+tapes in the trunk of my car (at all times). And I have a VHS-to-USB thingie. We could record videos that way.

Sensai

Smash Master
Moogle: Yes, make it happen. Seriously, I'm all for getting some decent and recent vids up.

And why is it that Thief is ALWAYS on Rainbow Cruise?

coach

Smash Apprentice
i have my camera too so i guess it's up to you. mines about the same thing. or if you want to bring and set up that andy that's fine too.

Solitaire

Smash Cadet
Haha JWT, I didn't really follow you there. I was just craving some Taco Bell, and then there you were.

Can't wait to see the vids, except the ones of myself. Talk about humiliating. Me and Coach had some good matches before everyone else showed up. Maybe I get real nervous or something.

j00t

Smash Champion
Lol, yeah. I was just looking around because Taco Bell takes FOREVER at night, and I saw your face in my rear-view.

But yeah, I can wait to see the videos. I mean I want to see them, so I can see what I did wrong and correct myself. But I just don't wanna get slammed with comments saying you suck and soforth.

My attitude for the next few days will be this and only this:

"SCREW OFF!!!!!"

moogle

Smash Ace
I should have the videos on Youtube this weekend.

My plan (that I mentioned maybe more than once so far) is to post all the videos in this thread, then we pick out some good ones to put on display in the 1v1 section. The new twist to the plan: if we reach a consensus that these videos suck, then we can wait for a better batch of videos before displaying ourselves to the world. I know I wasn't playing well with characters besides Sheik and Peach.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Oh hell i dint know you guys were recording thats awesome, cant wait to see the vids whenever you get them up on youtube. I hope to see JWT's G&W :chuckle:, if not then of course the other vids will be great too. I wanna also see how Moogle has been doing lately.

Solitaire

Smash Cadet
I think JWT just played Fox while recording. He was apparently sweating grease lol. And Coach is the SD king when being recorded. I took home the title of Dip**** King after my 58 second match with Sensai. *air dodge into Warlock Punch*

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Lol, im pretty sure some goofy **** is ganna happen when ever we get a chance to come seeing as how i use G&W and all. Hopefully we'll get to come soon, like maybe within the next couple of weeks.

j00t

Smash Champion
Yeah, I only played Fox most of the time. I did Ness vs. moogle's Bowser twice I think and that was about it. I wanted to do a G&W ditto with Moogle but he is skurred. :p

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Yo Moogle I notice pretty much most states in the south has there own power ranking or ranking system, why don'tAL have one and if we can have one, how can you go about doing that?

Wolfshade

Smash Rookie
would still be nice to have our own and have tornaments within the state just to know who is the strongest among us..*looks at moogle and thief*

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Well my camera came in like 4 weeks earlier then it was supposed to so next time me and scrappy go to UNA to play i can record some stuff if needed.

Sensai

Smash Master
moogle said:
My plan (that I mentioned maybe more than once so far) is to post all the videos in this thread, then we pick out some good ones to put on display in the 1v1 section. The new twist to the plan: if we reach a consensus that these videos suck, then we can wait for a better batch of videos before displaying ourselves to the world. I know I wasn't playing well with characters besides Sheik and Peach.
Why not just record every week? I mean, does it really take that much extra effort?

And the only match I DON'T wanna see is my two versus Moogle's Sheik. God DAMMIT I hate that transvestite...

And Coach...this Grey Album is making my ears bleed.

[Edit:]

And Moogle, I'm going to assume that you're putting the vids up as you get them on your computer? Or is it going to be an en masse kinda thing?

coach

Smash Apprentice
It's a ****ing masterpiece. I'm sorry you don't enjoy it. I think the beatles make the album a lot more listenable and hiphop-esque. As you get older it might grow on you.

j00t

Smash Champion
C'mon Sensai, you should let him post them and watch them and see what you did wrong or you could of done. I don't want him to post the one of me and you (It is quite embarassing and I am ashamed of it :p), but I do want to see it so I can correct my mistakes (hopefully) next time.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Hey Wolf man anytime you wanna play smash then just gimme a call or leave a post on here cause im up for smash anytime and im pretty sure scrappy is too when get gets off of work.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Alright ill talk to scrappy and see whats up, will anyone else be there or just you and fuzz again ?

And if i ever need to bring and extra TV then ive got like 3 i can bring.

Wolfshade

Smash Rookie
actually it will just be me... maybe i can get a friend or 2. Im really trying to find someone that is in my playstyle.. ive been using bowser to practice L-canceling and i found out that he is teh shiz-nit of the uair and fair.
i can never seen to time him bair though so i just madly hit L when i use it :D

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Right on whoever you think you'll stick with then we'll help out with. I just got off the phone with scrappy and we'll prob come over, but yea try and get some more people to come cause i like it when there are more people to play it makes it alot more fun. Would fuzz not wanna play or anyone else cause if not then we can start bringing a few people from muscle shoals over when we come.

Sensai

Smash Master
JWT, I'm not saying I don't wanna see it uploaded, I'm saying that I played so badly that I don't wanna watch it.

Coach...I'm starting to believe you're serious. Please, PLEASE stop it. It's scaring me.

Although, the first song (don't know what the rap song was, but it was Long Long Long from the Beatles) is the only one that I really enjoyed.

Wolfshade

Smash Rookie
Well i run the lab now and fuzzy has been sick recently and has MAJOR MAJOR huge projects to do so he won't be able to join us for awhile. Bring whoever you want as long as they aren't *******s cause im not very fond of those people :D

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow.

I'll be back in town at around 5 or so, so if you guys would extend it/start later, then I'd be able to show. Otherwise, good luck and good games without me.

Solitaire

Smash Cadet
I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow.

I'll be back in town at around 5 or so, so if you guys would extend it/start later, then I'd be able to show. Otherwise, good luck and good games without me.
Grrrrr we're supposed to REMATCH so I don't get completely destroyed, just a little destroyed.

coach

Smash Apprentice
**** it sensai and yeah that's my favorite track off the album

edit: this is just a ploy to steal my dvd's longer **** it.

Sensai

Smash Master
I obviously didn't make it. And Coach obviously didn't get his music/DVDs back. Apologies abound.

Did the matches ever get up on YouTube?

j00t

Smash Champion
No.... moogle said he was going to post all the matches on the 1v1 thread so that we can pick them out for Youtube. So none are on there yet.

And sorry I couldn't make it, I had work today. Working stock is fun, so much better than cashier...

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Awww.... no vids yet :( , ah well moogle can take his time they'll get up when they get up ( cant wait to see them though ).

Oh and by the way I added your Wii number Sensai but it says that you havent added me or something, im ganna also add you tommorow JWT.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ah, I'll add you as soon as I get on there next.

For some weird reason...my Wii has been staying connected to the Internet. It's weird as sin.

Top Bottom