• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Nice vids, i dont know what your talking about moogle saying that you werent doing good that day or something cause in my opinion you were doing great in some matches. Nice Ganon Sensai, i havent got to play you since you started using ganon so hopefully soon i can. Coach man its been awhile since i got to play you or even see you since i went with you and moogle to one of the bi-weeklies in Memphis but nice peach ill say.

P.S. - Hey Moogle are you going to KOkingpins tourny cause if you are then i'd like to go if i can get a ride from you if possible. The reason i ask a ride from you is because there's no way Scrappy will drive any where for a smash tourny anymore so yea....

moogle

Smash Ace
Watch my Marth match for an example of not good. ;)

And yeah, I'm probably going to KOKingpin's tourneys. Though swinging by Florence would kinda double the driving distance. >_< Maybe we can figure something out.

Sensai

Smash Master
Is it just me (and I don't think it is) or do the videos skip around a bit?

I've only watched the first two, but the second one definitely skips a bit.

moogle

Smash Ace
I see what you mean, Sensai >_< ...like at 2:02 in the 2nd video. I guess something went wrong when ripping from VHS. I've watched all of the videos with me in it (I'm a raging narcissist), and none of them skip like that. I could maybe re-rip them, or maybe I'm too lazy. :embarrass

Sensai

Smash Master
I watched all the way down to me vs JWT. None of the others ones skip, so I guess it's just that one?

As I watched me and JWT, it occurs to me that JWT's Fox could be really really good.

j00t

Smash Champion
Sensai, you know that last forward-a was gimped beyond belief. Did you see how far I was away from you?

And those Ness vids are embarassing. Remove them, knave!

j00t

Smash Champion
We gotta do a G&W ditto this week, Moogle, so Tarnish can fear me. :p j/k

But yeah, I liked most of them. I can now see what I did wrong and WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!11one1!!

Hoo ha. The JEWT has spoken.

Sensai

Smash Master
I still don't see what I could possibly do against a Sheik to beat him except work on spacing more.

Mindgames>Spacing>Tech skill

The order of importance in Ganon.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Lol JWT, i dont know how we could cause scrappy wont drive any where for tournaments or just to play a game some where other then in Florence so im stuck like chuck.

j00t

Smash Champion
Well I meant between me and moogle so I can show you my G&W in a vid. But that would work too if you had a ride. >.<

Sensai

Smash Master
You ****ing wish.

JWT: please, get REALLY good with Fox. Watching me vs you made me feel all pro and ****. There's something about your Fox that looks absurd. Even more technical then Moogle's Fox (sorry mate). He's still got you beat, but...it's only 'cause he's a better thinkinator.

Main bullet of text: JWT, you sweat grease.

j00t

Smash Champion
You guys know I have dyslexia, right? That's why I can't think clearly when I play. I know what to do, but my brain doesn't process it. It's quite irritating.

Actually, i don't know if I have dyslexia or not. I wouldn't doubt it if I did.

But anyways, i'll get good with Fox. Eventually. :p

EDIT: I don't know why you feel like that, Sensai. I watch the video and I feel like crap, because well, I looked terrible? :p

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
I know that this is really the wrong place to say this but does anyone have XBox Live so maybe we can play some games and talk smash or something?

j00t

Smash Champion
Negative. Your Fox looks and moves like a pro.
What match were you watching, again? I have tech skill but that's useless without mindgames/"thinkinating". I'm not trying to bash myself, but I really do need to improve my mindgames and such. I get too predictable easy.

Solitaire

Smash Cadet
What match were you watching, again? I have tech skill but that's useless without mindgames/"thinkinating". I'm not trying to bash myself, but I really do need to improve my mindgames and such. I get too predictable easy.
I agree. That's about the only thing you need to work on though. Everything else you have down pretty darn good, which is what I meant when I said you look pro.

moogle

Smash Ace
<--- is really thinking about going to Smash or Die IV in Lithonia, GA (near Atlanta) this weekend. Reasons: 1. Nite wants to team with me. :love: 2. There's an ssb64 player (Cassidy) who surfaced recently and is in Atlanta. I wanna play him. 3. Smash tournaments are awesome.

So who's with me?

p.s. This tourney is this Sunday... which means we'd be coming back Sunday night / Monday morning.

coach

Smash Apprentice
How late would it be that we got back? And I cant leave saturday like for falcon punction. Also to make it really worth my while are you gonna go sensai? Don't even front like you can't be out until late at night on a school night :(. Oh yeah I haven't had internet for 2 days so im dying at my apartment and I'm at a lab right now so I won't be able to see this for a while I suppose.

moogle

Smash Ace
I'm not sure when we'd get back, but I can guess. I'd estimate this tourney will have about 40 people. Maybe it'll end around 8-9pm eastern... then we get back like 11pm-midnight central (I forgot about the time change at first). As for the no Saturday part, are you suggesting we leave Huntsville Sunday morning?

j00t

Smash Champion
I'll be able to go, I thought I had classes on Monday but I don't, so i'll go. Tell me more specifics later.

coach

Smash Apprentice
I have to ask the guy I work with to cover for me sunday. I wouldn't be able to leave saturday night until 10:00 in which case if you wanted I could talk to tom about driving down and staying with him that night if you really cared about the distance of the drive. I'll try to talk to him tonight about it and hopefully I'll be able to roadtrip it up with you andy.

edit: also we could see about inviting the DML crew and nite to cut their drive if they want to head through huntsville saturday. I dont even know if that would cut off the drive for them. I have 2 couches unless I ask my parents to let them stay over there.

moogle

Smash Ace
The original plan I had floating in my head: Arrive sometime Saturday to Cassidy's place and play lots of ssb64 with him and his friends. I'd either stay Saturday night with them, or I'd stay wherever Nite, Chad, etc. are staying and get melee practice with them. Then, tourney on Sunday.

Maybe I should have stated my secret plans earlier. :o It quite conflicts with coach's plan. Though if we arrived late Saturday / early Sunday, I could probably get Cassidy to go to the melee tourney and play a little ssb64 against him.

I was originally thinking about going alone maybe, but then I thought my fellow Huntsvillians might be sad if I left them behind, so I extended an invitation.

So yeah, there's my collection of muddled thoughts. We can discuss things tonight. Georgia has another tourney coming up soon May 5 (whoamg, a Saturday, not a Sunday), though that might be around exam time for a lot of people. INN biweeklies might start again on May 12. KOKingpin should be starting up biweeklies near Nashville on May 19.

Sensai

Smash Master
Being a lowly highschool student, there's no way in two hells that I could go to something that put me getting home at 'late Sunday night' or Monday. No way...

So, no Coach, not going.

And are we doing something tonight?

coach

Smash Apprentice
No decieded to make andy suffer the awkward of a car ride with JWT. And I believe we're still meeting tonight **** my physics test tomorrow.

j00t

Smash Champion
Lol, coach. Are you not coming to the tourney either? It wasn't that bad of a car ride with just me and moogle (Although it was quite wierd for me at first, but I got over it.)

Gah, i'm so disappointed. I found this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW_ca1yOD0o

of Ken vs. Mew2King, and it is just insane. I wish I was that technical with Fox.... i'm so disappointed in myself. I feel like crap, i mean, why can't I be like that? I feel stupid when I practice and Iono what's up with me today. Grawr.

EDIT: And know I understand what you're saying, coach. Lol. Me bashing myself all the time does seem awkward. I'm sorry.

Top Bottom