• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Most all are people from penny arcade who I played once and never again. I have a few regulars from there, uh...but me giving you their codes won't do you any good if they don't have your code.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Most all are people from penny arcade who I played once and never again. I have a few regulars from there, uh...but me giving you their codes won't do you any good if they don't have your code.
oh, i know. i was thinking more like AIM or Smashboards screennames or some other point of contact. however, if they're PA folks, i'm probably better off just adding folks on here and on the friend finder, since this is where the serious smashers lie.

is it just me, or is Mario worthless in this "Brawl" game? I can't seem to get the cape's new properties down AT ALL... especially online when pikachu is spamming neutral b's.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
is it just me, or is Mario worthless in this "Brawl" game?
trust me. it's just you. i have a couple of replays i can send you of my zelda vs. my friend's mario. he's sick. Mario is so fast in this game. and that stupid phucking cape!!

i'll send them to you right now.

edit: OR i can send them tomorrow!!!:mad:

seriously, what's the point of having a limit on how many things you can send!? it's ********!

_Keno_

Smash Lord
=0 who is this midguy person from b'ham? we should hook up (if you play melee).

Anyways...if anyone knows of some Melee tourneys within a 2 hour drive of b'ham, or just wants to play, pm me.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
mario is perfectly average in this game. he doesn't have the combo ability that he had in melee, but he's pretty fun to play.

also ROB consider that you are playing online and characters/moves which require precision don't work as well.

There are some characters that I simply can not play online. I think Mario is one of them. Also Luigi and Jigglypuff and Wario are characters I can't play well online.

EDIT: DieSuperFly may be the current Best Brawl Player

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SZ7rpmsnX4w

they say his snake is even better. Futiles wario is also pretty sick.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I play Jiggs and Wario fine online, unless there is a huge amount of lag or it's really choppy.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
mario is perfectly average in this game. he doesn't have the combo ability that he had in melee, but he's pretty fun to play.

also ROB consider that you are playing online and characters/moves which require precision don't work as well.

There are some characters that I simply can not play online. I think Mario is one of them. Also Luigi and Jigglypuff and Wario are characters I can't play well online.

That is some crazy marth play there. I went on to watch some of his Snake and he reminds me a lot of Rob >.<. With a few differences. But it appears i will have to learn snake as well. T1J i think i'll follow in your footsteps and learn to play all the characters....eventally >.< maybe then i can be kinda like Azen and just ditto everyone o **** them up 0o

Sadly i couldn't be at smash night tonight, and i will also miss saturday night. But next week i'm all game.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i already feel comfortable with almost every character in Brawl. Everyone except Captain Falcon, Falco, and Sonic.

also me and my roomate played Azen and chillin in a doubles set the other day online. they are quite good as a team.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Hello! We're having a tournament on May 10 in Baton Rouge. It's called 3LT, and the best of La. should be there. There is limited housing available. The thread for it is here:

3LT

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice

I think I agree with you. Mario just isn't responsive online and I have trouble compensating for that. I can't juggle and I can't spam fast moves as well. I face a spammy Pikachu often online and my cape and air-dodge don't come out nearly as soon as they should. As a result, I end up taking too much damage from thunder jolts and then dying from double thunder off the ceiling..

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
My Yoshi did pretty decently against him when I played him. Didn't try my Kirby since I didn't care.
lol yeah i saw you played em. but yeah i finally just had to tear myself away from gamebattles (singles at least, i might still play some doubles when me and my roomate are bored).
with all the lame rules, the lame ticket system, and the fact that there are soooo many cheaters, i just wasn't having fun anymore.

apparently mike g isn't going be at the tournament tomorrow. In which case I think you should shoot for the MONEY!, at the last one first second and third was mike g, iori, reflex.

iori just cuts a lot with metaknight and for some reason doesn't use up-b. you can take em :-D
reflex plays wario, i dunno how you are against wario.
you'll also have to beat fullmetal and desu.
i'm hoping I do better than last time. I feel like I'm better. I've been trying out new things.
I'm not afraid of spammy wolfs that much anymore, just have to block alot. and keep in mind that his forward smash goes halfway across the screen. Good wolfs are a different story. wolf's aerial priority is pretty sick.
MK is still hard but i'll figure something out.

i originally never used diddy's upsmash because I was like, meh it doesn't kill. but it sets them up for up-air juggles and kills, so thats awesome.

j00t

Smash Champion

The Wario was okay. I liked how he whipped his fart out before it was fully charged (As Majist suggested to me last night. Thanks Majist). Other than that I think he was too aggressive against the Marth.... DSF just waited for him to come in and outranged him completely. It wouldn't of been as close if that fart didn't kill him at 86.... that was nuts >_>;

Also, I want to extend apologies to everyone I saw last night, because I was a complete piece of crap to all of you. Sorry guys.

EDIT: Also, what's up with the surge of Yoshi players? I don't really get it >_>;

Majist

Smash Journeyman

Mario is far from average in Brawl. he's one of the few characters that actually can combo. i should send you a replay i have of a friend who plays a SICK mario. gimme your wii #!!:grin:

Rob, i sent you those couple of videos i wanted to send yesterday. check em out.

i wasn't that impressed with DSF. He's got a good Marth, don't get me wrong, but all he did was basically play "Melee Marth." using fairs that many times is fine for racking up damage, but he didn't seem too mindful of DR. he needs to implement more moves, like nair or something. the Wario player was fantastic. Using the fart before it's fully charged is really smart, imo.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
What is this tournament you guys speak of ( or some kind of gathering atleast ) ?

Also, Moogle man i really need to know if your still ganna go to that tournament in Memphis cause im still able to go but i just need to make sure your going too.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
The tournament tomorrow is at Waba Game in Duluth, Georgia. A lot of us went last month since some of us were in the area for GameStop regionals and because it was the first big midsouth tournament. Poet, theONEjanitor, and I are planning to go tomorrow. Hopefully I'll take top 3 this time. Poet has gotten pretty good lately too, so I expect him to do pretty well. Let's hope they have doubles this month.

theONEjanitor is also hosting a tournament at the University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa) on the 26th. I'm sure the turnout will be somewhat decent for that, but it's on the same day as GPC's tournament, so I wouldn't expect to see a ton of people from outside the state.

j00t, don't deny Yoshi's power. He's too good. You should add me, and I'll show you he's actually pretty decent.

j00t

Smash Champion
The tournament tomorrow is at Waba Game in Duluth, Georgia. A lot of us went last month since some of us were in the area for GameStop regionals and because it was the first big midsouth tournament. Poet, theONEjanitor, and I are planning to go tomorrow. Hopefully I'll take top 3 this time. Poet has gotten pretty good lately too, so I expect him to do pretty well. Let's hope they have doubles this month.

theONEjanitor is also hosting a tournament at the University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa) on the 26th. I'm sure the turnout will be somewhat decent for that, but it's on the same day as GPC's tournament, so I wouldn't expect to see a ton of people from outside the state.

j00t, don't deny Yoshi's power. He's too good. You should add me, and I'll show you he's actually pretty decent.
Alrighty then. I'm pretty sure i've added you but i'll check to be sure. >:3

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i wasn't that impressed with DSF. He's got a good Marth, don't get me wrong, but all he did was basically play "Melee Marth." using fairs that many times is fine for racking up damage, but he didn't seem too mindful of DR. he needs to implement more moves, like nair or something. the Wario player was fantastic. Using the fart before it's fully charged is really smart, imo.
I felt the same way for the Marth playstyle.

As for the Wario, I feel like I'm better. D:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Mario is far from average in Brawl. he's one of the few characters that actually can combo. i should send you a replay i have of a friend who plays a SICK mario. gimme your wii #!!:grin:

Rob, i sent you those couple of videos i wanted to send yesterday. check em out.

Mario is good, but he doesn't stack up to the heavy hitters like MK, Marth, ROB, Wario in the least.

How do you expect people to play Marth in Brawl? That's how you play him lol. F-airs and forward B. He attempted nairs and up bs for the kill. Also, his marth is the fastest one I've seen to date. Regardless, as far as I'm aware, DSF rarely gets beat at this game. He's nearly undefeated on gamebattles too, but that's online so I dunno. Check out the other matches in that set on that youtube channel too, his spacing is pretty great. And spacing Wario isn't an easy task.

Also everyone says that his Snake is better however, but I haven't seen vids.

moogle

Smash Ace
What is this tournament you guys speak of ( or some kind of gathering atleast ) ?

Also, Moogle man i really need to know if your still ganna go to that tournament in Memphis cause im still able to go but i just need to make sure your going too.
I'm... uncertain. I wanna go to my friend's graduation, which is Friday, 6pm, the day before the tourney. I still could drive late Friday night to the tourney... cause Memphis people are that much awesome.

p.s. I haven't been keeping up with the Alabama thread lately, but I'll go back and update the first page in due time. :p

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
I'm... uncertain. I wanna go to my friend's graduation, which is Friday, 6pm, the day before the tourney. I still could drive late Friday night to the tourney... cause Memphis people are that much awesome.
Hehe... well its completely up too you. If you do then hurray to that ( just remember to come pick me up XD ), and if you dont go its no big deal at all.

-: Trey :-

Smash Apprentice
id like to be apart of this thread, and will try and make the tourny next week.
er location, Moutain Brook

j00t

Smash Champion
NES n00b, those were the best online matches I have ever played. Very good games... we ran pretty even and *I* had a lot of fun! Hope to do it again with ya sometime!

Man.... some of the funniest crap happened in those matches. Too bad we couldn't record them. Good Snake man. :D

Majist

Smash Journeyman
thanks for adding me NES! we need to get some games in sometime.

i apologize to Rob and J00t for not playing with you guys last night. i was in an online tourney. i got to the top 4, lost the first set, and didn't bother fighting for third. but it was cool. i went undefeated all the way until the semifinals.

and after that experience, i must comment that ROB on Luigi's Mansion is STUPID.

Top Bottom