• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Ok, i just read a ton of posts lol >.< been to busy with school.

@ metaknight: The only problem i had with metaknight as 3D was the he can do any aerial to down smash right next to you. If you shield both, you are to far away to grab, even for 3D, because that Dsmash just pushes out of range. Other than that his moves seem semi predictable, and i just need practice playing munkus more often.

Counter to metaknight: What about IC's? no one has thought about using them have they :p, once i master them i'll let you know, but for know (if moogle is reading this) add IC's to my mains.
if you know your opponent is going to aerial to dsmash, just guard, then spotdodge the dsmash, then you get a free grab. the biggest thing about the matchup against him with dedede is spatial manipulation. use your minions to make metaknight go where you want him to go, then bait his swing before attacking. as long as you can keep metaknight at a medium distance, winning with dedede is not tough.

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
I havent had the chance to play you, majist. We need to sometime. Maybe not tonight though, seeing as how I am bat **** tired.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
I have some talking points for this thread:

-I am online
-Less MetaKnight, more Snake. This thread needs more Snake. Snake snake snake snake snake snake.
-And Yoshi.
-I am finally starting to use AIM. It's a natural fit for coordinating Smash (outside of Friend Finder), so note my aim name: SK8orDIE8282
-I love you all.
-Okay. I'm done.

j00t

Smash Champion
That Jungle Japes game was ********. Ugh. Made me cry. That crocodile humped me the second stock as well... it hit me twice while I was under there >_>;

Midguy

Smash Cadet
Fun matches today everyone (Majist, Tarnish, Joot, Rob, and T1J). Felt good to be able to play all day since I haven't been able to play much at all for the past couple of weeks. Gotta go to bed though and make that money in the morning.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
gg's tarnish. i finally got to play you, lol. you're ZSS is crazy good man. your toon link, too. fun times.
Bah.. i guess my ZSS is alright and im actually being drawn away from Toon Link for some reason. I really like using Marth and Bowser so much more now. I'm actually proud of my bowser cause i did a great thing tonight.... I beat munkus with bowser XD XD. The reason i like using bowser is because he's a slow character and using him online actually works for me.

And yes good games to all i played lastnight. Also who am i missing from my friends list cause sometimes when you guys are playing i cant join and i want to play :(. Also if possible i would love to do some team games online please XD. I can for sure host so let me know what you guys think about that.

[EDIT] - Also i still wanna go to the tourny on the 10th in memphis and i really want a team mate for teams so if anyone wants to team then please let me know.... Munkus, JWT, Majist, SK8.... anyone ?

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Tarnish, I'm so sorry for drunk messaging you on Xbox live. my girl and i were Halo-ing intoxicated, which makes us rude and careless.

EDIT: good games to all tonight. alabama thread is the best thread. oh and 4 player FFAs. don't get to do those too often.

j00t

Smash Champion
Bah.. i guess my ZSS is alright and im actually being drawn away from Toon Link for some reason. I really like using Marth and Bowser so much more now. I'm actually proud of my bowser cause i did a great thing tonight.... I beat munkus with bowser XD XD. The reason i like using bowser is because he's a slow character and using him online actually works for me.

And yes good games to all i played lastnight. Also who am i missing from my friends list cause sometimes when you guys are playing i cant join and i want to play :(. Also if possible i would love to do some team games online please XD. I can for sure host so let me know what you guys think about that.

[EDIT] - Also i still wanna go to the tourny on the 10th in memphis and i really want a team mate for teams so if anyone wants to team then please let me know.... Munkus, JWT, Majist, SK8.... anyone ?
I'm not really a teams person. Ask Moogle or Coach and they can vouch for me on that one. :p

Tarnish, I'm so sorry for drunk messaging you on Xbox live. my girl and i were Halo-ing intoxicated, which makes us rude and careless.

EDIT: good games to all tonight. alabama thread is the best thread. oh and 4 player FFAs. don't get to do those too often.
Yeah, 4FA's are better than 3FA's.... I s'pose. :p

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
tarnish feel free to add me. and i will return the favor if i haven't already i dont remember
Will do, yea i guess i dint add you for some reason. Ill get on that tommorow.

Nah man you dint send me any drunk messages on Halo, i just asked to play with you guys and you told me that you werent playing anything serious.

I'm not really a teams person. Ask Moogle or Coach and they can vouch for me on that one. :p
Awww... i really love doing Teams, thats were i have the most fun at. :ohwell:

Midguy

Smash Cadet
Played with DK for the first time yesterday and i think he's pretty fun. I suck with him, but I like his ability to kill people at like 50% and he's not as slow and cumbersome as Bowser. He's really easy to edgeguard though and he's too ****ing big.

j00t

Smash Champion
@Prac: I'd love to come. I'll just see how my summer plays out.

MunkS: Get back online. I wanna play you. :p

saintrage

Smash Cadet
I would also love to come prac. I'll see if moogle is going and try to catch a ride with him. Really munkus? how so? are you sure you weren't just out played :p

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I would also love to come prac. I'll see if moogle is going and try to catch a ride with him. Really munkus? how so? are you sure you weren't just out played :p
Down-B and down til shut down the ground approach, up and down smash kill off the top at low, low percents. The grab is quick and long enough to punish downsmashes.

I wasn't outplayed because I was winning the matches, I was just really easily shut down and had to drastically alter how I was playing.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
TARNISH

dude we should play. add me for great justice
Yea man ill get on that tommorow sometime. I'm downloading the new halo maps as i type this so ill get to adding you tommorow evening.

Did somebody say Melee Teams?
Umm.... im not sure about Melee, i guess i could but dont expect much from me anymore from Melee. If i did play i'd prob be crazy rusty. I just meant teams in general cause like i said thats where i have my most fun at.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i actually want to play some melee teams because I figured out at my very last melee tourney that I'm decent in teams with falco.
but i'd need someone to team with

Their having two rounds of singles pools at the GA tournament which is :( for people like me who suck

-Chad-

Slackerator
i actually want to play some melee teams because I figured out at my very last melee tourney that I'm decent in teams with falco.
but i'd need someone to team with

Their having two rounds of singles pools at the GA tournament which is :( for people like me who suck
Do friendliiiies.

Also believe in yourself to do well =x

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Do friendliiiies.

Also believe in yourself to do well =x
maybe i can get out of the first round at least since with so many pools talent will be spread out more. but then, more talented people will be there in general.
its weird how i can play falco in doubles, but not in singles
i think i'm gonna go all roy in singles

-Chad-

Slackerator
maybe i can get out of the first round at least since with so many pools talent will be spread out more. but then, more talented people will be there in general.
its weird how i can play falco in doubles, but not in singles
i think i'm gonna go all roy in singles
Just stay confident that you can win and you'll do a lot better. Doubt leads to mistakes and mistakes lead to losing.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Brawl really punishes you when you try to approach people
i guess thats why spammy play works so well
its like i know zelda's going to upsmash whenever i'm anywhere near the vicinity of her head, but there is NOTHING i can do about it, no attacks go through it, and air dodges don't last long enough.
like why so many characters have moves like that?

it seems like one ought to be able to punish a move that they see coming five years in advance, but for many moves all you can do is run away from it. and that makes me sad.

i think character counterpicking is going to be a huge part of Brawl

Top Bottom