• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Sensai

Smash Master
Some of you guys already know this, but I'm home. So, whenever the next Smashfest takes place...I'm in.

Somebody just fill me in as to the WHEN part, and everything'll go good.

[Edit:]

I take full responsibility if either of these have been posted in this thread before. If they have, sorry. Have a cookie for watching this thread like the hawk that you are.

Music man Mario makes me feel as if my life means nothing.
http://kotaku.com/387830/this-hands+free-super-mario-world-level-plays-sweet-sweet-music

This one probably has been posted before, but if just one person hasn't seen it, it'll be worth having posted it. Zero Punctuation's take on Brawl.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art.../4845-Zero-Punctuation-Super-Smash-Bros-Brawl

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone else had problems with online play lately? I've been getting mid-game disconnects (error code 91010) both With Friends and With Anyone, and the Nintendo forums advice hasn't been conclusively helpful.

Also, Moogle, replace Lucas with Ness as my secondary. I think he's a bit more my style. I hope to add Yoshi to that list soon, though I have yet to sufficiently develop him.

Sensai, will you be brawling online now that you're home? Oh, and Zero Punctuation is always worth reposting. Thus far, I think my favorite of his reviews was on Sim City Societies, which I had no intention of playing in the first place.

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
I actually was beginning to think Zero Punctuation was funny and genuinely awesome until I saw

Then I lost all hope in humanity

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
My sentiments exactly. I have work Saturday, but I'll try to make it to Huntsville that night.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
I actually was beginning to think Zero Punctuation was funny and genuinely awesome until I saw

Then I lost all hope in humanity
Yeah, Yahtzee's choice of music isn't what I call great (he's no Wes Anderson), but it is always thematically relevant to his reviews and deserves acknowledgment for this.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm gonna get a world of flame for this, but Green Day isn't all that bad. Sure, they sold out, and bad too, but it's not all rubbish.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Hey...how many smashers reside at UA? I'm enrolling in August so that should be a good excuse to look for more competition. Not too long ago I wouldn't have thought it possible that Alabama would have a stable Smash community but apparently Pound 2 was hosted down here so I'll open mouth insert foot on that one.

Edit: I only do Brawl *readies flame shield*. I physically can't compete in high-level Melee play.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
There's me, theONEjanitor, Munkus, Thief (but he doesn't Brawl, I don't think)... and probably a bunch of other people I've yet to meet/don't remember.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Anomaly, a few people that I know but aren't on the forums...uh...

EDIT: And I like greenday, you *******s.

And we're gonna brawl this saturday.

We're gonna brawl.

Sensai

Smash Master
What Munkus means to say is play Smash, not necessarily Brawl. We might wanna actually, y'know, play a GOOD game.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
BRAWLING SATURDAY IS HAPPENING.....with a side of Melee....moogle you have no choice but to comply. Everyone will be in town, and if all else fails, i'll offer to host it at my house. Even though i live like out in new market, to many people are gonna be available not too.

Rob's place would be cool too, and a bit more central. I could bring an extra TV or 2 if others would bring there setups. Of course, that is, if Moogle fails at smash and Rob is willing to do it. But we'll work something out.

j00t

Smash Champion
BRAWLING SATURDAY IS HAPPENING.....with a side of Melee....moogle you have no choice but to comply. Everyone will be in town, and if all else fails, i'll offer to host it at my house. Even though i live like out in new market, to many people are gonna be available not too.

Rob's place would be cool too, and a bit more central. I could bring an extra TV or 2 if others would bring there setups. Of course, that is, if Moogle fails at smash and Rob is willing to do it. But we'll work something out.
You've got it wrong, buddy. It's "MELEE SATURDAY IS HAPPENING.....with a side of BRAWL...."

Midguy

Smash Cadet
I'm coming to Brawl on Saturday most likely. I'd appreciate if you had a couple of 18 year old virgins lined up for me when I get there. Thanks.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I'm coming to Brawl on Saturday most likely. I'd appreciate if you had a couple of 18 year old virgins lined up for me when I get there. Thanks.
Saturday comes, and Midguy realizes with horror that he did not specify a gender.

S

Stubby0829

Hi!

Hey guys I just joined the boards here cause my fiance (little red/lovin micheal x) is on here and we both love to play but I had no idea about the site! So whats up! Little bio: I play with Link and I am a decent player. I am not up to parr like I used to be cause I dont even have a system anymore and I have to play at her house. Plus I work constanly so I never get to play anymore. But we are getting a Wii soon and I an recollecting melle and brawl so anyone who lives around and wants to play pm one of us. Well I need to go get ready for work!:mad:

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
There's me, theONEjanitor, Munkus, Thief (but he doesn't Brawl, I don't think)... and probably a bunch of other people I've yet to meet/don't remember.
Anomaly, a few people that I know but aren't on the forums...uh...

EDIT: And I like greenday, you *******s.

And we're gonna brawl this saturday.

We're gonna brawl.
Yay.

10g&W

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
If Moogle's place isn't available on Saturday, I'd be happy to host.

So, are we smashing today? It is Thursday, afterall. Of course I'm talking about after the tornado warning ends.

Sensai

Smash Master
@Stubby: Welcome to the boards! This probably isn't the best place to post...everything anyone says gets lost in a maelstrom of spam.

And somebody just post on this thread the final plans for Thursday and Saturday, and I'll show up wherever.

j00t

Smash Champion
@Stubby: Welcome to the boards! This probably isn't the best place to post...everything anyone says gets lost in a maelstrom of spam.

And somebody just post on this thread the final plans for Thursday and Saturday, and I'll show up wherever.
Seriously, are you expecting something of a higher standard from these boards? We have our share of discussions but I can't imagine anyone expecting quality from every single post.

Welcome to the boards, Stubby. Unlike some people, I do encourage you to visit the AL thread. We aren't ALWAYS spamming ;)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
if Sensai's coming tonight, then i'm there....maybe. I'm so tired, i might skip out on tonight and show up on Saturday. Saturday is definitely happening, Sensai, so get ready for some sexy dual Ganon action:grin:

...in Melee, of course.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
well, it doesn't look like anyone is smashing today, but i will be around if anyone wants to stop by or play me online. aim: SK8orDIE8282

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Another reason I'm glad Melee isn't dying, all the constant *****ing about about Brawl is annoying
people are talking hacking the game and changing things up, (Basically to make it more like Melee), while getting rid of tripping would be dope, theres no need to transform the game into something its not

(sorry I just went to Brawl Discussion Boards. i need to stay out of there. my blood pressure)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Another reason I'm glad Melee isn't dying, all the constant *****ing about about Brawl is annoying
people are talking hacking the game and changing things up, (Basically to make it more like Melee), while getting rid of tripping would be dope, theres no need to transform the game into something its not

(sorry I just went to Brawl Discussion Boards. i need to stay out of there. my blood pressure)
I've about had it with Brawl. I'll still play it live, but i'm not going to be playing much online anymore. I can't take it.

I'm going to practice Melee, cuz practicing Melee actually pays off.

Midguy

Smash Cadet
I've about had it with Brawl. I'll still play it live, but i'm not going to be playing much online anymore. I can't take it.

I'm going to practice Melee, cuz practicing Melee actually pays off.
I still like Brawl a lot, but playing online is getting annoying. I have to play two different playstyles; online and live. I feel like I can't even play online with some characters depending on the varying degrees of lag.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah, i mean, certain people I can have decent online bouts with...like I think I have blue connection with majist, and maybe a decent one with mid guy and rob

but for some reason i lag hard with munkus (who was about five minutes away from me) and even harder with nes noob and its just frustrating.

but the game's fun. once i get a car i'll probably try to make it out to as many brawl tourneys as possible. but i'm also interested in Melee again. so i'll probably play both games

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I still like Brawl a lot, but playing online is getting annoying. I have to play two different playstyles; online and live. I feel like I can't even play online with some characters depending on the varying degrees of lag.
exactly. i do enjoy the game, but it's getting so frustrating online, and the game is more unbalanced than i realized. But playing it, especially online, gets me almost to the point of breaking my controller because of stupid crap like my attacks not coming out, or my shield not deploying and i get killed by a Wario Waft. It's really frustrating when i know exactly what my opponent is about to do, and i either get hit by it anyway, or i can't punish him b/c of lag.

Anyway, i'm done complaining. Back to Melee.

Saturday's gonna kick ***, guys. I plan on playing both games into the wee hours of the night.

I think everyone should plan on bringing some cash so we can get pizza/beer/whatever else.

Top Bottom