• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Beatdown: March 6th - 7th

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
firefly, if you do go, how do you plan on getting there? If melee happens, i'd definitely be interested.
IDK, it depends on the interest of the Brawl community in this. I'm fairly certain there are people here that are willing to make the drive to play AB, so if I could go, it would be as part of a carpool.

:005:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The only reason that Brawl & Melee on the same day is okay is because unlike Genesis, we won't be overlooping the two games. Only one will be going on at a time. So there's no need to switch between and lose your edge.

The main reason for putting Brawl & Melee Doubles on the same day, and Melee & Brawl Singles on the second day, is because like it or not?

...how do I put this... People will...bail out if their game isn't there, and we're trying to make a good profit from this epic gaming over two days of greatness where both Melee & Brawl will be available on both days? Friendlies or Money Matches or whatever else, that's rather appealing in comparison to just one on one day when we know some would only come to the venue for just one day if it's seperated.

That's my defense for the Brawl/Melee crossover in a day factor.

Otherwise, we can just say, "Yay let's all play Melee!" and get good attendance. Then next day, "Oh. ...there's less for Brawl. Buggers ditched."

AND VICE VERSA and such.

If the events overlapped and you had to go back and forth between Melee and Brawl matches in the same day, then I could understand complaints.

All the other fighters are sharing the same days and friendlies and whatnot. We shouldn't have a problem with that either, so long as we don't overlap as I've repeated.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yes, Brandon is right. I was talking to Mike, and by the end of it I said Melee/Brawl on separate days, but now I realize that isn't the best idea.

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
IDK, it depends on the interest of the Brawl community in this. I'm fairly certain there are people here that are willing to make the drive to play AB, so if I could go, it would be as part of a carpool.

i hope i can get into that carpool if the carpool does happen. of course, i'll pay my share in gas. i'll try and contact you (cause i don't know anyone in the brawl community) about this as the date gets nearer.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
I don't think that doing both games in one day are a good idea, theres no way you can do them on seperite times with out them over lapping. It's common knolage that smash tournaments take a ****LOAD of time to run, So there is no way in hell it can be done on the same day with no over lapping.

Do one day brawl one day melee.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
I'm going to beat Steve0 in the REAL STEVE CONTEST. This will involve the "mac'ing" of many girls!!

oh and.......... Brawl has 150 starting pot atm.... trying to work on more

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Yo the address is wrong its 13223 - 62 Street
not 13223-66 St.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Edmonton kinda sucks for that, but I am sure someone could house one person.
Luke showing us his great organizational skills, even showing how much he cares about offering his own support.

Have you evr done anything to help Luke?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
lol what? For every tournament ever I've housed people. Like... since '04 even, every single tournament with out of towners lol.

Basically, I can host you.
Just because you do it doesn't mean Edmonton is good for housing.

Luke showing us his great organizational skills, even showing how much he cares about offering his own support.

Have you evr done anything to help Luke?
I am not the host *******, I was just telling him it might be a little difficult to find housing. Clearly Sid is very willing to do so, so I guess he's good to go.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Btw Jake, if you are coming, I want a little payback, and the best way to do that is a MM. $5 Ike vs Yoshi, Bo5, what do you say?
I'll gladly take your money, as long as I can go. It's looking really unlikely at this point though. It's a two-day event, each game is spread over those two days, it's not a long weekend, and last but not least, it's a 12-hour drive. =S It probably won't be feasible for me to go at this point, unless I want to ditch a whole day of classes on Monday. >.>

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I'll gladly take your money, as long as I can go. It's looking really unlikely at this point though. It's a two-day event, each game is spread over those two days, it's not a long weekend, and last but not least, it's a 12-hour drive. =S It probably won't be feasible for me to go at this point, unless I want to ditch a whole day of classes on Monday. >.>

Brawl and melee will be on seperate days. Looks like your chances got higher =D.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
If Brawl is on Saturday, that could work for me. However, that would leave Igcoris without a way back if he came with us, since we'd most likely leave on Sunday. I don't want to ditch a day's worth of classes, and none of the other Vancouver Brawl players really play Melee, so we probably wouldn't stay the extra day. Would there be any other Melee players willing to come to this (that have the ability to drive)?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I linked the link in the BC thread, but only one person responded to it, so I don't think they even looked at this thread, which is pretty lame.

Top Bottom