• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Beatdown: March 6th - 7th

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
If Brawl is on Saturday, that could work for me. However, that would leave Igcoris without a way back if he came with us, since we'd most likely leave on Sunday. I don't want to ditch a day's worth of classes, and none of the other Vancouver Brawl players really play Melee, so we probably wouldn't stay the extra day. Would there be any other Melee players willing to come to this (that have the ability to drive)?

:005:
if you guys are the only pool that's going to this, then i probably won't go, seeing as you guys will leave during the melee part. i'll see if i can talk to some other people about this.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
There will be plenty of people from AB entering melee, don't worry about that. Just because we like brawl, doesn't mean we don't like melee. We like both games, or at least there is a healthy community for both games.

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
oic. sorry for generalizing. i'm used to doing that because it's either brawl or melee with us (brawl getting the shorter end of the stick).

just a thought, how far away from spring break is this tournament?

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
So can we agree to have brawl teams and singfles on day 1 and melee singles and teams on day 2?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I concur. When I'm done some epic Melee'ing, I've always got Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, BlazBlue, and whatever other fighters you guys got going on that day.

This is shaping up to be an amazing 2 days. Also, banner to spice up this thread coming soon.

It'll have everything, no worries.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Will it have dragon ball's kid goku?

Oh people needing housing lemme know i will do what I can

Ithink we really need to do this 3 vs 3 edm vs sask in brawl i can have a pretty sexy setup just for this. on stage and make it really exciting =D

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Alberta Beatdown: March 6th - 7th​

Yup, WC Canada coming with it! Never heard of our players? Well that's because we're just too pro! Think that's a joke? Well come down to this and see how ****ed up you get.

I just want to mention that here in Alberta, we like to be a little more liberal with our stage list. If you have a problem with the list, that's fine, but keep in mind if you really want something to change, you need to have a really good reason, and proof, not just "that stage is gay."

Brawl Stage List:

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter-picks:

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Iliad was right :/

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Iliad was right :/
I really don't give a **** what that guy says to be honest. If you don't want to come out with a growing starter pot then don't ***** and whine about stages. All it proves is your

A) Trolling!
B) Not offering anything to help anything out!
C) We're not west coast. We're midwest!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
While he's trolling and not offering help, the disputes and the grand list of what we have for stages is what is, in the end, holding us back.

Some of our stages like Norfair and Pictochat are legitimate though, imo.

If this keeps going on, I'm fearing for the turn out. We gotta get our **** together.

Also, one of the reasons Tin Man isn't helping is because I've probably said everything that's been needed to say anyway in debating with Mike. And it's fallen on deaf ears.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Well if the stages are an issue, lets change them to what ever the tournament default is.

IMO it's a pretty petty issue

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Wait, what does communism have to do with anything? Jeez, next thing I know, you are going to call out my avatar for having a "Terrorist Fist Bump".
P.S. I do (mainly for testing).

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Wait, what does communism have to do with anything? Jeez, next thing I know, you are going to call out my avatar for having a "Terrorist Fist Bump".
P.S. I do (mainly for testing).
Uh, because they're dictators who are ignoring the will of the majority and doing what they think is right? And they're being extremely open with their stage list and trying to make it really anti-conservative and promoting some kind of unneeded change, which is what communism is about even in politics?

even luke admits he's a commie

:)

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
use the tournament standerd and like end drama. we don't wanna have people not coing because of some stupid stage lisrt that we dont even need to have, use the standard (what ever that is)

Top Bottom