• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Brawl Power Rankings!**ON HIATUS**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Metaknight is hereby banned

and I guess that means snake has to be too for balance.... and maybe olimar cause he's annoying as hell.....

Ice climbers grab is almost as broke as in melee.....

you know what, everyone is banned except Ike!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
? Sorry Brad but that post was especially dumb. He didn't say it was good, he's forced to take it... That's what he said nothing more. I speak truths only.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Yeah, you're both right, I just really feel a strong dislike for the class. So I must overstate how bad it is.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It's actually not that bad, all you do is watch hilarious religious movies, and do lame *** projects. Also you don't even have to pass it, just slack the whole time. It's like free time in kindergarten.

kithkin

Smash Champion
If you fail religion do you go to hell?

Also Luke, you should go get your tournament thread in order. You're the one who actually has any authority.

I seriously stopped listening to AfterDawn when he said "I don't know any of this stuff, Luke is the one in charge of everything"

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Honestly? I find your bickering quite hilarious. Very entertaining, reminds me of starcraft bull****. If you think it needs to get back in order stop posting, because what does thread in order mean? All the info about the tourny is there, how many wii's and tv's there are gonna be can only be determined by who brings them. The thread is there to talk about the tourny, and set up MM's and that's what it's doing, it is serving its purpose whether you guys think so or not.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Mike (Beeble) played a little Zamus.

I find it entertaining too Luke >_>

But actually, people have asked quite a few times for things that they didn't get =/

Jarrod

Smash Ace
The revised list (sorry if it's offensive but trying to shine some truth on this list):
#1 - Superboomfan - Game & Watch
#2 - LemonLau - Metaknight
#3 - Tyson - Snake
#4 - KillLock - Metaknight (Based on teams you used MK, how many chars did you use in singles... nobody would lose to a Link haha. I didn't see you play singles so I'm assuming you got up there with mainly MK)
#5 - Solaris - Metaknight (that's all that I saw him use in 1v1 and he wouldn't have gotten far using Marth imo)
#6 - Jarrod - ROB (I placed Solaris above me cause if he played MK against me he'd probably win. If he didn't then I'd probably win putting me in 5th which by the way, I placed in CT4 so Solaris and I are possibly swappable depending)
#7 - MikeMonkey - Wario (Cause if he played singles, he probably would've placed right about here)

The above is probably a lot more accurate than what is displayed on the first page.

#8??? - Kithkin - Metaknight/DK/Bowser (THIS IS A BIG MAYBE! Because in teams he was straight Metaknight and currently you are talking as if you are purely a Metaknight player so I don't know how you'd exclude that from a main. And as mentioned somewhere before, Carl placed higher than you in singles and I placed way higher than you I guess. So you must've went pure DK/Bowser in singles and failed. And if it's really DK/Bowser then you are not ranked higher than me. If you are purely Metaknight now then perhaps that could put you above Mike and I. But since this thing is solely based on CT4 I think I deserve to be #5 and Mike probably still where he is)

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Alots changed since that list jarrod and it seems like you're not as informed as you should be.

As far as CT4 goes, your list sounds about right. However, a couple of the people on the list have switched mains and that will probably change how they're placed.

Jarrod

Smash Ace
How can so much change in such a short time?
You guys been having weekly smashfests that change it all around heh.
Don't tell me it's all online business.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
I beat Kithkin's DK with Link in the loser's bracket, beat Koda's Pit with Link and unfortunately Solaris declined on a Marth vs Link match for our set in the losers(Main vs Main; Before that when we did friendlies my Link was pretty unstoppable). So we just dueled it out Mk Vs Mk.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
yeah killlock has the best link around

also yeah there have been some smashfests, but all I mean is that we'll have to wait till ADAT to see what difference these switches make.

redundant, I know

kithkin

Smash Champion
Link isn't bad. He ***** anyone heavier than him.

Anyways, yeah this list is more speculation because of results and panels opinions, so trust me, so much as losing two spots in placing at the next tournament means you're down at least a spot on this list.

It's gonna see a HEAVY change after ADAT.

And I'm hoping to get the panel perhaps larger too.

edit: But yeah Jarrod, I actually don't think your list is that bad, but in all honesty, I don't care about who's using what character, where they are on the list doesnt mean their character listed got them there, thats just who they wanted to be represented as)

And I just play MK in teams more often, cause its teams. I'll play DK too, but we all know my MK will do better.

kithkin

Smash Champion
It's just because nobody can play against MK yet.

Once you learn how to beat MK, then it's just up to being able to best the player and best the retardedly spammy/priorityetcetcetc. attacks.

DK counters MK, well, he has the advantage slightly.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
well seriously brad is all like

I KNOW THINGS YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT BRAWL AND METAKNIGHT, ONCE YOU'RE AS SMART AS ME YOU'LL FIGURE IT OUT AND UNDERSTAND

IM GOOD AT BRAWL

GO ME

kithkin

Smash Champion
See thats what you guys ned to realize. While it sounds like I'm being a huge *******, I'm not saying I know this ****. I'm saying saying that eventually you'll get over the character, cause I know it takes a good metaknight to beat a good player. A bad metaknight shouldn't beat a good player.

Thats all I'm trying to say. When I said I could beat Metaknights, my example was the bad Calgary Metaknights, which are bad, but my point was, that the player behind the MK needs to be good.

God. Stop taking me so seriously guys, since when did my words affect anyone?

lol and since it is true I'm an *******, Carl, tell me what ISJR is. Just cause I want to know.

kithkin

Smash Champion
I just wanted to prove a point =P

I do know more about this game.

P.S: Carl, exactly, and apparently I don't win =P

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Carl has the right idea! All this fancy stuff is nice and all, but if he can read it, he can beat it. Although I think Carl is incorrect about saying Dbl arrow's are pointless.

kithkin

Smash Champion
I think they are far insuperior to bair arrows, its a WOP with arrows, the hell. seriously.

Also, ISJR is almost useless, depends who you are, but the aerial has to be at a certain height, so it's only really useful for motion when you DO time it right.

Also lol good luck with that Carl.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
ISJR pretty much is useless, it's way too high in the air to be used continuously in a match. Maybe it could be semi-useful for characters with shorter second jumps, though. Maybe Falco or something?

kithkin

Smash Champion
Just no. It depends on the attack, it's only good for characters with multiple jumps and weird jumps like yoshi. (and grab bag characters like snakes Bair ****)

Anyways, I really doubt most people can do it successively, I mean most people havn't even heard of it, and the people who have, trust me, arn't the skilled ones to pull it off and follow up on it.

Also, if read my post, I said it isn't useful for anything but moving after hitting with an aerial anyways.

It's terrible with Falco. Unless you manage to pillar them. Which means they have no DI

Tyson651

Smash Lord
the reason why carl got pissy is cause the way u worded it

its not that people need to learn how to play against a mk, u need to kno how to play against any char to beat it obviously.

its just mk is too good and he'll **** given there isnt too big of a skill gap between. tiers gives u a slight advantage yes? u could just say mk gives u a bigger advantage than that so thats why.

and yay for isjr, btw, i never knew about that either. it looks like brawl wont be brawl anymore, it'll be dragonballz.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Brawls ******** buffering system just gives you your landing state back before you actually land, thats why luigi's tornado when he doesnt have the height ability can start going back up part way through it if you're going towards the ground.

and yeah I need better social skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom