• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Stevo

Smash Champion
you saw that it doesn't matter though, right?

In case you missed it, if My Little Pony wins, then the second place game will also make it in. Which means, melee just has to beat the other games. Don't have to worry about MLP

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
Ya I read it I know, im just appalled at how far ahead the MLP game is

:phone:

Sooo about that smash tourney , have we agreed upon a good date for everyone? If so, would you wanna do our money match than steve?

Stevo

Smash Champion
yeaaaahhhh probably lol.
Though I'm seriously considering putting my extra cash towards melee in EVO, though.

Also, nobodytoplaywithinAthabasca johns. Anyone in Edmonton want to play some Melee seriouslies?

I'm assuming it would be standard rule set right? I want to play Carl again for white marth as well, but he is too scared.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
if melee goes to evo, would anyone be willing to make a sick alberta trip to evo?

and yeah steve i'd be down to a full-melee smashfest sometime. Ron, Sean and Seb would be down too i'm sure.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I will not travel for just melee. Sorry guys.

But on that note I think genesis3 was confirmed on stream at some point which I am very interested in and would enter both brawl and melee.

Stevo

Smash Champion
if melee goes to evo, would anyone be willing to make a sick alberta trip to evo?

and yeah steve i'd be down to a full-melee smashfest sometime. Ron, Sean and Seb would be down too i'm sure.
If Smash gets into EVO, Alberta should definitely make an appearance. So I'm 100% down with that.

as far as a melee smashfest, Saturdays work best for me of course, but if I had enough warning, I could potentially take a day off work as well.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Ya I read it I know, im just appalled at how far ahead the MLP game is

Sooo about that smash tourney , have we agreed upon a good date for everyone? If so, would you wanna do our money match than steve?
I seriously don't think you understand how big the MLP community is and what it is capable of.

I'm not even the slightest bit surprised that they are so far ahead of everyone else, and the games not even made or released for players yet.

Anyway, about our tournament, so far I've talked about reading week, and the 16th is what I've been suggested, that being said I've literally only heard from steve luke and levi and steve said that was good, luke and levi said it was bad. So quite frankly, any kind of input would be much appreciated.

LET ME KNOW HOW THE 16TH WORKS FOR YOU GUYS

yeaaaahhhh probably lol.
Though I'm seriously considering putting my extra cash towards melee in EVO, though.
This.

Covering this topic: I already intend to go, maybe even if melee doesn't make it. So let's get planning this ****. From what I know Mike (beebleOSHI) is planning to go, Sid "MAYBE" going depending on cash since he's travel man 2013, and yeah.

tl;dr let's legit plan this ****.

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
-ill kill my self the day i see the MLP games become one of the main fighting games of evo

- 16th works for me

-ive herd so many good experiences and stories from evo tourneys :D it would be a dreaaamm

Crusayer

Smash Lord
You're never gonna be "good enough" to go to an international Arthur. None of us will be unless we start beating Carl consistently lol.

It's all about dat environment. THAT LIVE IN-PERSON HYPE.

Also, one thing I read on the evo thread that the Skullgirls community is doing:
Hosting donation tournaments where proceeds go towards the fund.

I think we could try this out :V. Skullgirls is posing as a really significant threat. They're merely like a hundred behind us or something. Plus there's several people waiting to throw down several more hundreds in their community too.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
You're never gonna be "good enough" to go to an international Arthur. None of us will be unless we start beating Carl consistently lol.
I plan to do so real real soon...

I got to a point of at least trading some games with Allan, albeit by playing really really lame, but I intend to work my way up as fast as possible

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Good luck mang.

Hope to see that "improved" spacie in action when we go to Calgary :V.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
-ill kill my self the day i see the MLP games become one of the main fighting games of evo
Ok, forget the fact that it's pony related. I have to say, if you look into the game, it's actually like... super well done. It plays pretty similarly to guilty gear. Actually has tech skill.

where would the event take place?
That I am unceratain of, it really depends on the date and availability. I personally would prefer it to be in the south since it's easier for me, but it REALLY depends on what I can get for what price since well, it's my pocket. By the time February comes around a lot of clubs are usually around.

Again, how did Jack and people do at Apex

Again, brackets weren't up last I checked, however I know nobody made it into top 16, I think Jack must've made it out of his pool, so top 128. But I honestly have no idea.

Dan got 3rd in 64.

Isai got 2nd.

i thought 4chan was just all over mlp being in evo, thats why its first place lol
Believe it or not, 4chan hates MLP, and even more unlikely, they actually have less internet power than bronies these days.

Brad, maybe just make like a doodle poll for dates and let everyone fill it out?
I would like to make a poll in this thread, Victor? can we make it so?

Melee might make it into EVO, since MLP is DQ'd because of the status of it's production.
Allow me to mention, the reasoning for this is really respectful, the creators of the MLP game realized it really shouldn't be in EVO and opted out, or at least discussed it with the EVO guys, they even asked the community to only donate beforehand if they really wanted to play it, not for just general brony-ness.

Although mad respect for EVO for DQ'ing it while still promising $1000 for them if they win. (or to whoever beats them)

And thank you to people finally responding, it still seems like 16th is gonna be the day of days, but I will keep you posted.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
16th is fine. Also, Ideally in my mind My Little Pony finishes first and Melee finishes second. I feel that MLP being played at EVO by intense black people and commentated by someone like Yipes would be a hilarious experience, and then we'd also still get melee. I put 20 on melee.

Peeps in third are creeping up on melee really fast... we better watch out

Also, is there a RPS tourney this month?

Mripod128

Smash Cadet
Ok, forget the fact that it's pony related. I have to say, if you look into the game, it's actually like... super well done. It plays pretty similarly to guilty gear. Actually has tech skill.

Believe it or not, 4chan hates MLP, and even more unlikely, they actually have less internet power than bronies these days.

And thank you to people finally responding, it still seems like 16th is gonna be the day of days, but I will keep you posted.
Ima book 16th off then.

But /mlp/ can be so funny at times

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Oh cool, they weren't originally showing those.

And based on those numbers I'd agree, however I know Skullgirls has a lot more traditional fighters backing it. Let's just admit that Smash is different and people treat it like the ******** cousin.

That being said, has everyone donated? Do it.

Top Bottom