• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Stevo

Smash Champion
lol thanks guys. I forgot I never announced that here. I've actually been engaged for a year and a half. It's gonna be medieval themed, so there will be a sword fight and jousting and ****. It'll be great.

Maybe I should call it off and do a quick destination wedding in vegas during EVO to play video games. That sounds like something every woman would agree to.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
+1 for the poll, congrats steve.
also there are alot of salty 64 noobs walking around calgary today "Im the best at this game, i haven't played in forever" lolz
i was johning about the controllers provided while 3 stocks ahead lol

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
+1 for the poll, congrats steve.
also there are alot of salty 64 noobs walking around calgary today "Im the best at this game, i haven't played in forever" lolz
i was johning about the controllers provided while 3 stocks ahead lol
Where was this and why aren't you refering them to this thread or at least me.

Also, Congrats I guess Steve but I'm pretty sure you did mention it, forever ago. It just became pertinant again. ****ing medieval themed, too strong.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
lol@brad
i actually did try to recruit the only serious player, it is clubs week @ mru and they have smash 64 setup for club n3rd. kurt joined me for a bit but it was 4person ffa with random stages and items. i think it is there all week, ill probably go back.
some salty best-of-the-blockers lol, some got up while playing with me with 1 stock left and walked off:(

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Where was this and why aren't you refering them to this thread or at least me.
i'm sure clarke's judgement on who to introduce this thread to is good enough.

there's also no point of introducing them to you either. you don't even go to fgcc, or whatever smashfests hosted lul.

the best person to introduce new people to would be ben imo.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
a tournament doesn't help bring in new players nearly as well as weekly smashfests, and you hosted 1 tournament in your life.

and no offense, but i wouldn't call that a business.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
mike can change the poll i think but i can't anymore since i resigned modship years ago

Crusayer

Smash Lord
You have to be an admin to make a poll? How did we even get the poll here back then? o_O

Crusayer

Smash Lord
In case no one else here reads the Melee discussion boards,

MELEE IT ON ME (Smash podcast hosted by Scar) is streaming tomorrow with a donation drive in which several people on the show will match the donations given during that time.

Scar said:
3x MATCHING DONATIONS all the way up to $1,000 for Melee at Evo!!!
TL;DR - If we can raise $1,000 in community donations during the podcast, the total amount of money that will be added to the pot will be $4,300!

Every $1 you give during the podcast, an additional $3 will be added after the podcast. Your donation will be essentially multiplied by 4.
If only 50 smashers donate $20, we will hit this goal!
If we reach $1,000 in community donations from 6pm-9pm Pacific tomorrow, the drive backers will add another $3,300 into the pot - that's $4,300 in one night.

Match Pledges:

Up to $1,000: Scar and The Crimson Blur
Up to $300: [el-prog], and I’ll also be throwing in my payment from APEX2013 and the amount owed to me from people I housed. (500?)
Up to $200: Mogwai, Violence, HAB, Toph
Up to $100: Velocity, MattDotZeb

Let's raise $4,500+ for Melee at Evo 2013 and the fight against breast cancer!

The biggest Melee It On Me episode yet - PLEASE tune in to episode 4 TOMORROW Wednesday January 16, 2013 from 6pm Pacific, at http://www.twitch.tv/bobby_scar ! We are hosting a 3x MATCH donation drive throughout the podcast where every dollar you donate to SSBM at Evo, we throw in $3!!!

And, as an added bonus, if we hit our goal of $1,000 in grassroots donations, we'll throw in an extra $500 for a grand total of $3,500 additional dollars added to the pot! And, if you'd like to support us even further, let us know and you can add more to the potential match pool to increase the match %!
Please consider joining in and donate! Stream at: VGBootCamp or Scar's channel

Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330282

Stevo

Smash Champion

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Matching 3x? That's pretty crazy. I'm gonna donate (only cause I can get 4x donation for breast cancer).

:phone:

T-block

B2B TST
yo this is pretty hype

the podcast time is not great for me today though =(

i'm gonna put in $50 regardless...hopefully i make that window

let's do thissss

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
There is a FGCC weekly tommorow from 6:00pm to 10pm in ESCALUS in MacEwan hall, hope to see you all there tommorow;)
oh and the mru fighting games tournament is going to be scheduled after a LoL tourney on the 2nd or 3rd of february

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
To those interested in having an opinion on the date of the next tournament, read this post.

Well since we can't get a poll on the boards, then why not just make a poll with this for a tournament date?
http://www.doodle.com/gsgprvsr9rp3wk8u
includes every weekend+reading week for feb and march.
Thanks by the way, this is an easy enough setup. Unless results show otherwise I think everyone can effectively expect the tournament to be the 16th of february.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
So is that drive today?

Also, congrats Steve :D

Also, I was like 52% sure I was going to EVO before Melee was considered. If Melee is in, I'm 100% going.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Clarke do you go to MRU?

Club N3RD has always been a group I'd like to get connected with us, you should see if you can become a smash ambassador for us. Promotion Promotion Promotion!

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i have been trying to get them to run smash for the last couple years and now it will finally happen. the problem with that is there are no smash n3rds other than me @mru and most play LoL, Yugioh and Magic so whenever i inquire about it they pretty much ignore me. I am a member of club n3rd but i have only attended 1 event so far

Top Bottom