• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
victor we have to go, big alberta trip,
ive never been so happy
melee@evo2013 wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Alright real talk

mass plane trip to evo?????

Lets check the ticketss
Don't let westjet know we can afford $200,000 in breast cancer donations. Prices are probably skyrocketing as we speak.

We should like, get a legit skype call or something going between people who are interested so we can organize.

hell yeah mother fu-ckerrr
Not to undermine the amazing EVO win, but sometime in the near future, think you could edit the title to mention my tournament =3

I mean... cause EVO is already posted everywhere...

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Have you advertised to the other colleges and universities already like last time?

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Aww man I'll be in Lethbridge for choir this weekend :( I'd love to celebrate with you guys.

But yeah, I'm 100% for sure going. I'm telling you all, my tech skill will be off the charts!

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Have you advertised to the other colleges and universities already like last time?
Kind of. I'm actually heading to an event at MRU today to buff intertest and get their club advertising with me.

The FGCC agreed to help me buff UofC,

I can handle SAIT half decently.

This is somthing we haven't done right, since the very first video game club tournament 2 years ago when we had like 40+ ramdom guys , due to very gOod advertisement
:phone:
Heres the good news, I am a marketer. So I know very well and am working on this.

(P.S: If you actually want to work on building the community, we require a medium that is more formally acceptable and less exclusive to game and more exclusive to relative interest, such as area. For this reason, I strongly encourage EVERYONE who cares about gaming, and who respects me, or doesn't whatever >_> to join Smash Logic, use the forums, and actively join me in creating a community. Companies are willing to support us, Calgary has more than enough money, but we need to prove we deserve it.)

Right now is a great time to make strides as a community as we've proven the power of gamers with these massive breast cancer donations. I humbly request the support from all of you even if you think my website is stupid, or trashy, work to help me improve it, I have been doing everything alone and garnering support at the early stages is the hardest.

But yeah, I'm 100% for sure going. I'm telling you all, my tech skill will be off the charts!
On that note I was going to text you, thanks for reminding me

Stevo

Smash Champion
PARTY THIS SATURDAY!!!!!!!!
be there!

Seriously though, there are only like a few life events that I would miss EVO for... and one of them happens to be on the same weekend lol.

Wedding, birth of first child (second child is probably fine to miss lol)....um.... I guess a funeral of immediate family and close friends....

but that's IT

We gotta start a training regiment

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
Lets all go to the bar after thrr mru tourney ^^. Has anyone been to d-i-c-k-ens bar(censored x.x)? That place is god like

:phone:

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
anyone up for training at my house before? arthur is gonna lose with sore finger johns watch out.
im going to be training all dai, you can reach me at 403-869-7143. please phone me to let me know when you are coming
i think we all should at least join smashlogic, but last time i checked my application was pending*rolls eyes*
for anyone wondering how to get there the 306 takes you from westbrook station. when you walk in the west gate take the first right.
we could go to the hub @mru downstairs after, im sure there will be many salty melee scrubs in there after

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
@brad i still think smashboards is the best means of communication for smashers and what not.
I agree with you. Seriously I do.

But I don't think it's a good means of communication.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to leave smashboards, I want smashboards to have more people, but I understand that smashboards only really reaches the already currently strongly involved crowd of smash brothers, you, me, etc. But a lot of the newer players or lesser known players don't even check smashboards. Beyond that what about other games?

I know you for a fact play a lot more than just smash, and while I am no competition for skoryuken and smashboards, what I offer is a community for Calgary. For gamers. No discrepencies on what game you play, just a mutual enjoyment of games in general.

What I've realized, and I gaurantee you this is true, the reason gaming has not been growing in Calgary, Canada even, is because nobody knows where to go. Marketing of gaming doesn't exist, it's all underground. Of course you know about MLG events, of course you know about promoted world events. Companies are willing and interested in events but neither they nor players know where to look. I want people to be able to say "I wonder if somethings going on in Calgary?" and be able to look at ONE place to find these things.

I've already been working hard on bringing together all the groups such as FGCC, CCG, various clubs, I've got game buyers/sellers, hell, I've even got nintendo and sony's regional reps interested in this.

All we need to do is prove we want it.

So That is why I request everyone who wants to build a gaming community support me. It's no hard feelings if you don't, and I understand smashboards is better for smash etc. But I'm in Marketing, I understand what needs to happen, and I would appreciate whatever support I can get.

Thank you <3

www.smashlogic.ca

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
im going to be training all dai, you can reach me at 403-869-7143.
is that a number I can text you at when I get inevitably lost?

Also, pending? Did you do your email verification? Cause I shouldn't have to approve anything. It should just work.

Edit: I ask because if it's getting backlogged it might be because my spamblocker getting a little overreactive, I had to put up pretty fancy walls because I advertised on reddit lol

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
does anyone need a ride from UofC to MRU? Ill be done class at 1pm lol... so i got tons of time to kill just shoot me a text I only have room for 5 (includingme)

@daniel lets play some melee in the phyics room

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
Thats exactly what happened think, i couldnt find it in junk that pre dated the application.
i think i applied right after you made it, this 1st time i saw the link;)
I dont know how to get to the physics club could someone leave me a # so i can find it, really would like some human practice

Top Bottom