• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
This is the final tier list for Super Smash Bros. Melee. Completed October 2008. Approved by M3D and the SBR. All values are conclusive and finalized.

Fox 9.88
Marth 9.85
Sheik 9.69
Falco 9.15

High
Peach 8.35
Captain Falcon 8.00
Jigglypuff 8.00
Ice Climbers 7.88

Middle
Samus 6.77
Dr. Mario 6.23
Ganondorf 6.04
Luigi 5.81
Donkey Kong 5.38
Mario 5.34

Low
Link 4.69
Pikachu 4.31
Young Link 4.15
Roy 3.60
Zelda 3.04
Game and Watch 3.00

Bottom
Ness 2.50
Yoshi 2.46
Bowser 2.17
Mewtwo 1.77
Kirby 1.50
Pichu 1.15

Sion

Island of Horizon
why are you guys complaining about jigglypuff? you have no jigglypuff players dominating your area and bc's best jigglypuff isn't even top 10

Sion

Island of Horizon
i have an idea of how homo jiggs is
1)nobody wants to play jiggs and learn the matchup (jiggs vs anything is the most boring matchup in the world)
2)rest
3)bair
4)rarely gets gimped

but i swear, until some jiggs comes to bc and dominates us, i'm not gonna see anything

Alphicans

Smash Hero
You know what doesn't make sense? I'll tell you!

"Melee is the best lolololol."

Then

"Playing against X is the most boring thing in the world."
"Camping is gay and makes it boring."
"___ tactic is lame and makes the game boring."
"That rule is gay, and makes melee boring."

Clearly you guys really like melee.

Just something I've been thinking about for awhile, and just wanted to bring it to the table.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i think melee is really fun because of falcon

cause you'll be getting ***** and stuff

but then you have that little moment in time where you're getting off.

and you hear Luke in the background screaming "omg don't stop! don't stop!"

I like that.

Thats why I like melee.

edit: LOOOOOL DAVID. Wow, that timing was hilarious.

Sion

Island of Horizon
???
i like melee cause of the speed I can play at
and the brawl vs melee thing is stupid 'cause players that play a certain game will ALWAYS think their game is better.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
1. thats a old tier list
2. tiers don't measure gayness
LOL that was a funny post

It's really hard to be good with jiggs but shes got some tools. I think the stigma of constantly having to watch how you recover, watch out for rest, watch out for this, is what gets to people. I've never liked playing against puff myself but I can recognize her faults;

-dies fast against certain moves
-miss rest you lost a stock
-slow fights, it's really hard to rushdown (why I cant play her)
-poor options out of shield
-can't knock people down at low percents (yet nobody crouches her cuz they're scurred)

You'll notice mango and hbox quit matches all the time when they're 2 stocks down or so because trying to comeback with puff on that much of a deficit is really frustrating to do IMO. With marth, fox, falco I'm more comfortable eating up stocks quickly but if you make puff chase you it's stupidly one sided.

T-block

B2B TST
With marth, fox, falco I'm more comfortable eating up stocks quickly but if you make puff chase you it's stupidly one sided.
this is the biggest thing i noticed at ABD. playing from behind as puff suckssssss

i'm trying very very hard not to say anything more about this debate

very hard

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
-poor options out of shield
jiggs may not have any shine oos but she has wd oos to rest, jump to rest, upsmash oos into anything she wants, or even just her plain upthrow to rest if they don't DI. either way, it doesn't matter cause fox and falco shouldn't be trying to pressure jigglypuff's shield because it's just asking to make a mistake and then get punished.

You'll notice mango and hbox quit matches all the time when they're 2 stocks down or so because trying to comeback with puff on that much of a deficit is really frustrating to do IMO. With marth, fox, falco I'm more comfortable eating up stocks quickly but if you make puff chase you it's stupidly one sided.
idk, not really. if you watch zhu vs hungrybox from genesis, zhu has ALL of the momentum in a match and looks like he's going to 3-stock hungrybox, but then hungrybox makes a comeback and wins, just cause jiggs is the most clutch character in the game. eating up stocks is good, but a move that kills nearly instantly and has a bunch of different setups into it is a lot better.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i think we're not so much marthberta as we are marthcopoutberta

most of us at one point or another had to cop out and use marth like a ***

LOOKIN' AT YOU TYLER, TYSON, LUKE, ALLAN, ETCCCCC

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
lol victor it is completely normal for some people to switch to secondaries for certain matchups, especially falco players!

that being said, marthberta isn't really marthberta anymore. there's our top 3, and then nobody else really. =/

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol victor it is completely normal for some people to switch to secondaries for certain matchups, especially falco players!

seriously though, yeah Tyler's right. We've just kinda been getting ***** by 3 marth players for the past few years is all.

Sion

Island of Horizon
haha marthcopoutberta! that's a good one.

yeah, i like to cop out to marth sometimes 'cause my falco won't cut it =(
3 marth players? i only know of carl and dan. who else?

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
lol you host bro, my room is way to messy plus i have visitors over
I might host/be down for something, but I work an overnight on friday night for TWWWIILLLIGGGHTTT

Luke doesn't host ****!
^

You know what doesn't make sense? I'll tell you!

"Melee is the best lolololol."

Then

"Playing against X is the most boring thing in the world."
"Camping is gay and makes it boring."
"___ tactic is lame and makes the game boring."
"That rule is gay, and makes melee boring."

Clearly you guys really like melee.

Just something I've been thinking about for awhile, and just wanted to bring it to the table.
We prefer talking about the bad things in melee than talking about Brawl. Does that say something about your game?

jiggs may not have any shine oos but she has wd oos to rest, jump to rest, upsmash oos into anything she wants, or even just her plain upthrow to rest if they don't DI. either way, it doesn't matter cause fox and falco shouldn't be trying to pressure jigglypuff's shield because it's just asking to make a mistake and then get punished.
You need to consider the likelyhood of you getting a chance to pull those off. Wavedash into rest, seriously? Yeah thats a good idea every time i'm sure.

idk, not really. if you watch zhu vs hungrybox from genesis, zhu has ALL of the momentum in a match and looks like he's going to 3-stock hungrybox, but then hungrybox makes a comeback and wins, just cause jiggs is the most clutch character in the game. eating up stocks is good, but a move that kills nearly instantly and has a bunch of different setups into it is a lot better.
He just mean't often, moreso in friendlies even because well who quits a match when moneys on the line. (aside from M2K)

i think we're not so much marthberta as we are marthcopoutberta

most of us at one point or another had to cop out and use marth like a ***

LOOKIN' AT YOU TYLER, TYSON, LUKE, ALLAN, ETCCCCC
I just thought of something

ATTN: SID:

I challenge you to an every character MM for at least $5
(either crew battle style or just number of wins)

yeah that's my point. he's not super amazing but he got 3rd.
Mike will always be a king.

Top Bottom