• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Tyson651

Smash Lord
if it's too hard for you to crouch to grab then just wavedash at the end of it then do your grab/dash->grab etc.

i actually have never tried the crouch thing, i just wavedash lol

Stevo

Smash Champion
I bet Dan is bribing your boss to make you work then

HE DOESNT WANT TO FACE DOUBLE ZELDA

and what is all this talk about pivot grabbing? I dont get it. why crouch for it?

just play marth and have a half the stage initial dash.

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
oh my god that's cool

does anyone do that? is it faster than the other methods?

probably not =\
you have to run past them which makes it less likely to pull it off, if you're going to do that you might as well come in with an aerial and shine grab them... or if you really wanted to be cool aerial into turn around waveshine, to shine jc grab. all basically are whipped cream though with more chances to **** up. or you could just run around and grab things

i can't tell gameplay differences between brawl and p:m

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
well, its not like i'm very surprised to see white people refusing facts for their own personal ideas.

T-block

B2B TST
Lol 64 with GC controllers rock

I'm so much better with them than with 64 ones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rutUCfBI6sg&feature=related

Brawl with Melee gameplay on a 64 stage...

Dan would **** too much.
i watched the jab f-tilt chain at like 0:12

oh yeah...good game right there -_-

you have to run past them which makes it less likely to pull it off, if you're going to do that you might as well come in with an aerial and shine grab them... or if you really wanted to be cool aerial into turn around waveshine, to shine jc grab. all basically are whipped cream though with more chances to **** up. or you could just run around and grab things

i can't tell gameplay differences between brawl and p:m
is there really no use for this mixup other than flashiness? this kind of thing is **** in brawl, but you can't apply the same kind of shield pressure in brawl as you can in melee.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
well, its not like i'm very surprised to see white people refusing facts for their own personal ideas.
Yeah ok, Asians are equally guilty of that, I've seen it countless times.

I think it's because that match was peach and snake. Snake seems to be just as campy as he was in normal brawl, and peach was always a boring character in comparison to the other melee characters. Watch some vids of sheik/fox/ganon etc. and you'll see it's pretty melee like (especially sheik).

lol yeah mike, snake is just as gay. I feel that snake kind of ruins P:M completely :/.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Project M looks like the gravity is rapidly changing.

PRETTY SURE that's not copy/paste from Melee physics.

T-block

B2B TST
it's definitely not exactly the same, and it never could be... dunno why victra keeps saying that =P

there's a new AT for one... aerial glide tossing lets you shift your momentum in the air when you throw an items iirc

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Project M copies the character values from melee. Not all physics are replicated perfectly like brawl DI and landing detection and others. I assume that they mean they copy and pasted jump heights, run speeds and the like.

T-block said:
is there really no use for this mixup other than flashiness? this kind of thing is **** in brawl, but you can't apply the same kind of shield pressure in brawl as you can in melee.
If you land your aerial on the back of the opponent's shield, turn-around shine grab is a good mixup. Run behind them then shine turnaround grab is just flashy since you might as well just shinegrab in the front of the shield lol.

Stevo

Smash Champion
so lemme get this straight here...

you guys are saying that Snake (a character who isnt IN melee) and peach (a character that breaks melee physics rules, including FLOATING IN MID AIR, no need for l-cancel) playing on a stage that didnt exist in melee, played by players who were not pros in melee, doesnt look like melee.....

NO ****

not to mention the brawl hack is in alpha stages......

and Carl, did you see my post that I can give you a ride?

FalseFalco

Smash Master
steve and carl will
yeah dawg I only play DK Falcon and Link though.

Well maybe I will, I play it kinda often with some friends, but like I can never tech chase properly :(.
you have like infinity years to tech chase

STEVE sorry I did completely miss that post
because I'm an ignorant white person
I still live in the same place and would appreciate a ride!

I'll be bringing a TV and gc if it's cool and a ride home would be cool too so I don't have to carry a tv back.

Stevo

Smash Champion
wEHsians Unite!
for 64!

also, Im probably terribatrocious at 64 (I had to invent a word for it)

Hopefully the tournament ends at a decent time, but yea I'll give ya a ride home too.

Top Bottom