• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Yeah you place well that's true, your results show, but it's cause Allan wins against Falcos (which might make me bias)

Can we have pools this time though? I think that's a much better representation, because for the past 3 tournaments or so, it's been all the Calgary Asians on one side of bracket and then the rest of the people on the other side

Brad,
Victor, David and I would like to face you in tournament for the first time ever :-D
Definitely bias but thats fine. As for pools, I make no promises, I'd love to but time is a concern until I know how many setups I have and how many people are attending. No promises, no regrets.

Also I've faced all three of you in tournament before. Victor was a long time ago (and I lost lol) and David I beat, and you I played DK.

Eh it should be easy to make sure brax are done fair we can just all be there until they are made to a certain level of satisfaction. No biggie.

And shut ur pie hole dan pr is happening. tho obv because of our tourney system some people might be higher or lower than they deserve (not talking about brad) rest assured it will be as fair as possible based on the past couple of tourneys.
As for brackets being made "with us all there"... yeah no. I've been to enough tournaments to know that that doesn't work. Needless to say if we do pools, thats how it works, if we don't, I will only remake brackets from the first random if there is some stupid stacking for example all edmonton on one side all calgary on another.

As for PR, I will just let it out of the bag here, I'm making a Smash Logic league list that will have rankings, however it will be made with present and relative data and use an algorithm I personally agree with, so your guy's opinions won't matter and you may not like it, but it WILL be done. and it will be based on results, not opinions.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I played you at KSA paul lol. You destroyed me.

But Stevo gave me words of encouragement so sure I'll MM you :V.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Then just grab one of us, like Arthur, and maybe an edmontonian too and randomize brax in fron of them? It seems so easy to kill this little rumour I dunno why you wouldn't do it. Also that time you played Arthur as DK was like a lil friendly tourney, nothing crazy serious.

and don't be so defensive about a calgary pr when you haven't even seen it! lol

Too much drama! We're all just havin fun, I can't wait for the tourney next week

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
im pretty sure all PR are based on tournament results, its kinda the only way we can measure skill lol
Well, theres politics around that, and you've been around long enough for... at least one PR right? Like, remember, using results I'm 100% 3rd or better. Yet you've just seen people argue that. Using results, Kevin is probably 4th or 5th, yet I'd love to see him play more people to actually confirm that.

It's just a lot of "airy" subjects because again, brackets determine results, they just do.

another alberta PR?
Don't worry, you'll be put at least 2nd.

Then just grab one of us, like Arthur, and maybe an edmontonian too and randomize brax in fron of them? It seems so easy to kill this little rumour I dunno why you wouldn't do it. Also that time you played Arthur as DK was like a lil friendly tourney, nothing crazy serious.

and don't be so defensive about a calgary pr when you haven't even seen it! lol

Too much drama! We're all just havin fun, I can't wait for the tourney next week
Wait, theres a rumour about brackets? I didn't realize this considering I didn't make them at the November tournament, Farhan hit the button, as well as there were people watching lol. Oh well, yeah of course people can be watching, but it's not a committee is all I'm saying, like, seriously there will be a complaint with brackets EVERY tournament, I promise you this, I have never been to one where someone didn't start their own mini-riot about who they were against and well, just man up and win, because somebody has to.

Wait, my DK against Arthur wasn't serious?? >_> Well I've still played him in a tournament before he was good =P

As for Calgary PR, I assure you, look at history, there is always again bias and complaints. Nobody likes seeing data in front of their face. If you go by tournament results, I am undenyably third or better depending how far you go back. Yet, it's arguable that depending on the matchups I could be way better or way worse.

For example, if I face allan early and simon faces paul early, then they face in losers, I get 2nd. Because I beat allan and allan beats paul. Do i need to say that Simon beats Paul?

Like, Paul made the best statement, we're all at such a close skill level that anybody could win, it just depends on brackets, and thats really awesome. Just know that no PR is perfect. Go through the old ones in history, I personally have never been placed properly IMO. Sometimes way too high, sometimes way too low. Again, like I said, I don't really care but I state once more, I'm going to be making a thing using entirely 100% data of the current times, which means if YOU care about PR's, train up, this tournament is make or break since the past doesn't matter. (using the past I could argue because of Clarke's tournament that I could be even with both paul and simon having finished above them, and beaten simon. Which lol nobody would agree that I'm that good)

I remember when people put Luke above me, hahahaha, what a joke that was.

shots.jpg

Taste

Smash Apprentice
tl:dr relax brad! stop hitting the panic button for something you haven't even seen. You'll probably end up liking it!

Mripod128

Smash Cadet

Thank's to Ben for showing this GIF to me, perfectly emulates my mindset in a tourney match.

After making PR for Brawl and seeing how low I am based on tourney results is really hyping me up.

GONNA DESTROY ALL YOU FOOLS NEXT WEEK (In brawl, melee and Pm ima get wrecked :3)

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
there is no way to actually create a PR based on tourney results unless we all showed up to every tourney(which we dont). I think the only really some-what accurate way is to have opinionated lists, for example there is no way kevin is 4th, he has only gone to 1 tourney.
the top contenders in melee are soo obvious it's stupid to make a PR

Mripod128

Smash Cadet
It's sad, but that's how PRs work. If you (I mean this as in like anyone, not specifically someone) didn't care about playing hardcore last year it tends to add up. I don't think it really shows our skill levels, but it's a decent way to judge who are the top contenders.

Plus like Ben said it's for fun, and as much as I hate to see myself so low I had fun making it, and eventually making the the PR where I'm top 3.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I mean, if we really want to get into it, you guys will see my equations after I make the smashlogic league, which penalizes lack of attendance but doesn't allow it to mean so much that missing an event kills your placement.

See, I agree, Kevin has not shown to nearly enough things, but truth be told, the only times he has, he's done well. I would have 100% faith that he is one of the top players in melee, but it's hard to argue because he rarely plays right?

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I mean, if we really want to get into it, you guys will see my equations after I make the smashlogic league, which penalizes lack of attendance but doesn't allow it to mean so much that missing an event kills your placement.

See, I agree, Kevin has not shown to nearly enough things, but truth be told, the only times he has, he's done well. I would have 100% faith that he is one of the top players in melee, but it's hard to argue because he rarely plays right?
By the way, you don't need to go through the effort of creating an algorithm from scratch. There are plenty out there that have been well established.

:phone:

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Kevin can't come. He has a really good reason though.

By the way, you don't need to go through the effort of creating an algorithm from scratch. There are plenty out there that have been well established.

I mean, this will come off the wrong way because of drama and stuff, and I'm not sure if you meant to come off the way you did but...

NO REALLY? IVE NEVER SEEN ONE BEFORE. NOT EVER HAVING BEEN ON TWO PR PANELS BEFORE AND BEEN AROUND FOR 8 YEARS.

But yeah, my equations? are simply mine because they are what I'm using, I am not the creator of math, or meth for that matter

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Sorry Ben and Kurt, but I must postpone our doubles moneymatch since Hansel said he can't attend the tournament. =/

Also, this means I have no doubles partner for Brawl. >.>

Quaff

Smash Rookie
Nothing on the main page. Even search for "project melee" and nothing came up. I don't know how to get anywhere on this website other then this thread. Not to mention I just have this thread bookmarked haha

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Because it encompasses general brawl hacking and melee hacking as well. The subforum is called Project M.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Since we always hack music into Brawl or Project: M alike... Just curious about something. Brawl had a freaking amazing soundtrack, filled with nostalgia old and new.

What's your guys' favorite vanilla Brawl song?

My vote goes towards "Calling to the Night" From MGS: Portable Ops. idk why but it just gets to me.

[EDIT]

As for my availability for Saturday, I got scheduled in that day at work. But I'm going to try and see if I can switch a shift with someone. If I can't, then it's a no go. But hopefully it all works.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
SO WE NOW HAVE OUR FIRST PR! IT GOES AS FOLLOWS:
1.) SIMON
2.) PAUL
3.) ALLAN
4.) TYSON
5.) BRAD
6.) KEVIN
7.) DAVID
8.) ARTHUR

GREAT JOB EVERYONE AND A SPECIAL SHOUOUT TO OUR PANELISTS! IF YOU AGREE WITH
OUR ACCURATE PR AND WANT TO CONTINUE TO SUPPORT IT GIVE A QUICK VISIT TO THE THREAD​
This post really confuses me, considering it doesn't match the thread you made.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
PS. Brad, I never had a say in that PR yet since I never got access to a comp yet, so don't assume I made you "low".

And @PR peeps if this PR is based off singles only and not doubles, you should take me out.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Because I'm not happy with how I'm placing and how other people place,

Brad, for the only time in my life, I issue you a 15 dollar MM challenge.

For all the marbles.

OMG

and I agree with Tyson's placement on that PR, but that must mean you guys are taking doubles into account then? (not saying you shouldn't)

Top Bottom