• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All-purpose Philadelphia Smash Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tofucake

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there pretty much all day tomorrow (probably). I will wear the shirt of ownage (bright red Chupathingy. Red vs Blue shirt :D). I challenge everyone to a duel, as long as you promise not to own me too hard.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I'll try and drop by. I'm going to be hosting some other smashers at my place, as we need to prepare for MLG and I have no classes tomorrow.

tofucake

Smash Apprentice
Good deal today. Me and 3 other random people got the last 5 event matches I needed finished (not 51, though) in the morning. I forced Cless to come, and DS showed up, but we all played NGNT4.

Dark Sora

Smash Rookie
Around 3:10

Maybe I'll be there on Monday at 10, but most likely after 2 if I go at all

Dark Sora

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I got test on wednesday and I need to do some serious studying so I probly won't be there till Wednesday

Yes, 100th post on this thread

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Yeah... my bad...

A lot of the time I just space out while I'm playing and don't realize I'm playing too hard on people...

Dark Sora

Smash Rookie
I didn't win, but I didn't get 4 stocked once (I don't think). Though on the bright side, you don't get better unless you train with people better than you.

Iceburgh

Smash Journeyman
I didn't win, but I didn't get 4 stocked once (I don't think). Though on the bright side, you don't get better unless you train with people better than you.
Thats actually incorrect.. Theres always ways to improve its just you dont notice them unless you are playing people better than you. but most people dont just" Get Better" it always takes alot of work on the side to get better.

Dark Sora

Smash Rookie
Thats actually incorrect.. Theres always ways to improve its just you dont notice them unless you are playing people better than you. but most people dont just" Get Better" it always takes alot of work on the side to get better.
Yes, but I didn't say you just "get better," I said you have to play people better than you to get better. It is by this practice of conitinually battling people better than you that you increase your skills. And it is difficult to practice advanced techniques against computers/noobs who are to ignorant to do things like edge guard. No challenge

Gravyguy101

Smash Cadet
'll be at drexel tomorrow.. im playing them in rugby at 1pm give me a call o show up to the field .. im looking for a little smahs after that game I assure you.. 267-258-8583, names Kevin.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
To get better quickly, you need to know what you have to practice and how to do that effectively. Every time I play someone in friendly, I am focusing on a certain area of my gameplay that I know is weak. Some people say I'm sandbagging, but I'm really just using my time efficiently. I don't own a gamecube or smash, and I don't play by myself. It is important to learn from every match you have, and to seek out the hardest matches possible.

Anywho. I suck at smash :D

InfiniteFalco1337

Smash Cadet
I live in philadelphia

Rudolph - Active -
E-Mail: Tacticalmarine8@yahoo
AIM: Vex7117
Cell: dont have one currently, lost it lol.
House phone: 215-535-2432, make sure to leave a message
Northeast Philly, 1210 Elbridge St.
School: Philadelphia Military Academy

tofucake

Smash Apprentice
Well, I've learned shffl...so now maybe I won't lose so bad to Cactuar? I might even win......hmm...longshot.

[edit]
Either way, I'll be in Main from 10 to about 130/145 tomorrow......god my schedule sucks.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Haha, it's going to take a lot more than learning how to shffl to win >.>

@InfiniteFalco: I didn't know there was a Philadelphia Military Academy. I went to Valley Forge Military Academy :D

Renth

Smash Hero
Haha, it's going to take a lot more than learning how to shffl to win >.>

@InfiniteFalco: I didn't know there was a Philadelphia Military Academy. I went to Valley Forge Military Academy :D
Dude it's philly you know guys walkin round with their guns of course there's goign to be a military academy :lick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom