• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social All Range Mode!

Virgule

Smash Cadet
NNID
virgule222
Nintendo shot themselves in the foot at this E3, the puppet thing was not enough to hide the absence of games coming up and OH MY GOD what have they done to metroid, this animal corssing party too urghh...
At least starfox zero seems enjoyable to play.. but again it looks like an eshop game not an AAA title like i expected very disappointed with that. Not even a beginning of news on smash 4 either, i was hoping the new starfox would bring us wolf back :(

M@v

Subarashii!
The thing I love about Starfox Zero:
They are giving a huuuugeeee shoutout to starfox 2 with the transforming walkers. That was first introduced in that game, and they worked pretty much the exact same way.

The thing I hate about Starfox Zero:
Got the sense it was Starfox 64, again. They are going to change things up, but I'm worried its going to feel too damn similar because its a "re-imagining". I've played starfox 64 enough times already, thanks. That doesn't mean they have to continue the assault/command story, but lets get some fresh plot ideas, okay?

Last edited:

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
64 was a StarWing reimagining and now we're reimagining 64 that was already remade on 3DS. Is there only one damn game in this series? Really surprised they went this route but mish I guess nostalgia sells. The game still looks fantastic, just everything else at Ninty's E3 was so... bad...

D

Deleted member

I really like Fox's new design for the game, makes me want to have it as a new costume for him.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I was hoping they wouldn't go this route with Star Fox, but after seeing the re-imagined missions and the Star Fox 2 inspiration with transformations, I'm not even mad.
The only thing that still bugs me are the old quotes from 64... Ugh.. at least there's new lines.

Wonder if it can beat my love for Assault.

Last edited:

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Oh my lord I'm so hyped for this game. I hope this game has multiplayer like Starfox: Assault as well because holy crap if there is that would be hype!

Anybody else play the multiplayer of Starfox: Assault with their buds? My childhood friend does that with me to this date and it's an absolute blast!

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I thought that wasn't completely ruled out yet for a possible future thing or has Miyamoto all of sudden changed his mind?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I really like Fox's new design for the game, makes me want to have it as a new costume for him.
Dude, just look at it in all its glory! It's basically his Command-inspired Brawl updated design. He's even got his Reflector, Blaster, scouter, and those metal boots give off a Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance feel.

He's fuzzier than in Smash 4 and that's always fun. :p

M@v

Subarashii!
If no multiplayer...why -_-'

I was hoping for online battles with different arwings/wolfens/fighter classes with different stats and weapons. Could of made it Assault-ish with the walkers too, but make the ground combat only involve walker forms, so we aren't getting mediocre 3rd person shooter mechanics *cough*assault*cough* shoved down our throats.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Everyone seems to forget that Star Fox 64 did it first... which was so...meh. I actually wouldn't mind some on-foot multiplayer battles.

I'm frankly just happy were getting more variety in terms of gameplay. Star Fox 2 ground combat is an epic win.

Last edited:

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Different vehicle types is great and all but the "single player focus" is making me very sceptical about content. I mean, StarFox isn't exactly famous for its long campaigns and realistically the game has had a fairly short development cycle considering last year at E3 the game was hardly in production. Getting dangerous Order 1886 vibes here. If they announce it's 30fps for a cinematic feel then it's all over.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Different vehicle types is great and all but the "single player focus" is making me very sceptical about content. I mean, StarFox isn't exactly famous for its long campaigns and realistically the game has had a fairly short development cycle considering last year at E3 the game was hardly in production. Getting dangerous Order 1886 vibes here. If they announce it's 30fps for a cinematic feel then it's all over.
I believe it was confirmed in one of the gameplay videos that both the pad and the TV run at 60 fps all the time, so no need to worry about that.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hi guys, King Beef here. Just wanted to introduce myself to the boards since I now main Fox. :)
It's taken me a minute to find my true main in Smash 4 but finally settled on Fox about a month ago. He's a great and balanced character with no real glaring weaknesses that hinder him, and I've already found some success with him in tournament. Looking forward to knowing you guys and exchanging information/conversation along the way!

P.S. Do these boards have a tournament results thread/compilation of any sort?

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
The Fox boards are honestly super lacking. We don't get much discussion and we have no real big source on results. I would offer to make one but I'm nowhere near versed enough in the American scene to justify it. #johns

Would like to see more activity in general but I feel like the matchup threads tend to be the same people every time and we only really talk if it's a top tier, no one has any idea what to talk about against like Duck Hunt cuz we just beat damn near every low tier. I'm as guilty of this as anyone else, though.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
I would definitely participate more but as it sits I mine as well be a casual player that likes to improve. I actively try and improve my Fox game especially, but my location has no scene, and I do not have suitable internet to play online either.

The Fox boards aren't all that busy because he isn't super popular. He's a tough character to play well, and slight errors can easily cost you a stock. People then opt for easier fast characters like Sheik, usually.

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
Hey guys, I just wanted to know I have StarFox Adventures and StarFox Assault, I've been wanting to play one of them recently. Which one should I play? Some of my friends gave them to me and I've been busy so haven't been able to play them too much so I wanna play one of them soon :p

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Hey guys, I just wanted to know I have StarFox Adventures and StarFox Assault, I've been wanting to play one of them recently. Which one should I play? Some of my friends gave them to me and I've been busy so haven't been able to play them too much so I wanna play one of them soon :p
Star Fox Adventures comes before Assault in the timeline, and at least gives Krystal some background before you see her in Assault. Adventures is pretty much a Zelda game with Fox as protagonist (who is far more interesting than Link), but it's honestly an excellent game. It's not in line with the rest of the series in terms of gameplay, but I still heavily enjoy the game to be honest.

I say play and finish Adventures first. It's a more robust adventure and precedes the events in Star Fox: Assault.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Sadly I can only ever play games on an emulator, and it crashed in 25% of Adventures. Quite fortunately the new game isn't based of anything post 64 so I don't need to play the the games I can never complete for the sake of continuity for now.

Getting a Wii U to play SF0 is another story tho.

Last edited:

Foster J.

Smash Ace
I was kinda hoping for the Starfox Assault multi player to make a return in some way, alas we get some kinks instead.

Tournament results thread? Wow now you're making me feel bad considering all I ever get is top8 in Denmark rofl

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Trick question: the correct answer is to play neither because they're both bad.

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
Star Fox Adventures comes before Assault in the timeline, and at least gives Krystal some background before you see her in Assault. Adventures is pretty much a Zelda game with Fox as protagonist (who is far more interesting than Link), but it's honestly an excellent game. It's not in line with the rest of the series in terms of gameplay, but I still heavily enjoy the game to be honest.

I say play and finish Adventures first. It's a more robust adventure and precedes the events in Star Fox: Assault.
Awesome, thanks man!

Trick question: the correct answer is to play neither because they're both bad.
Gee, thanks. If you don't have the capacity to answer a question without replacing the answer with your opinion, don't bother at all.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Sorry I forgot the Social Thread is the most serious thread on the internet and I will be sure to don my serious hat at all times

As for my actual opinion, Adventures is really not worth playing imoo. The game is a clunkier OoT with a more annoying cast and long-ass cutscenes. Krystal also hardly appears in the game so I don't think it'll hurt your enjoyment of Assault to not know where she came from plus you implied you only had time for one so I'd go Assault every time. I mean, it's still mediocre compared to Starwing/Lylat Wars but it's not awful by any means... it just takes itself very seriously and the pacing is quite poor. Gameplay is generally fine, on-foot sections aren't brilliant. I've heard the multiplayer is good but I've had no one to play it with =[

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Alright so I'm not a huge fan of the new smash but I do play it every once in a while. Now i been struggling against Mario/Dr.Mario as Fox, could someone please break that MU down for me and perhaps tell me a thing or two on the MU also videos are more than welcome thanks!

Last edited:

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Alright so I'm not a huge fan of the new smash but I do play it every once in a while. Now i been struggling against Mario/Dr.Mario as Fox, could someone please break that MU down for me and perhaps tell me a thing or two on the MU also videos are more than welcome thanks!
You lazy piece of work.
There's a few Mario / Doc videos if you scroll down in the Video thread that you can help yourself to.
Other than that, I believe we've already discussed Mario in the MU discussion thread where you can read the thoughts that have been written down already.

I've heard the multiplayer is good but I've had no one to play it with =[
The multiplayer was indeed fun! Yeah yeah Adventures was very much a LoZ game, and not really a Starfox game true, but it added some quirks to the franchise that can work out.

But I hope we get a multiplayer mode for Zero... imagine landmaster battles!

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I'm curious to know if you can you strafe with the walker in Zero... I fear the controls for controlling the walker isn't gonna be similar to Star Fox 2... In SF2, it was like using duel stick controls, but with the shoulder buttons to aim/move camera.
Guess I'll watch more footage.

Last edited:

Foster J.

Smash Ace
I'm curious to know if you can you strafe with the walker in Zero... I fear the controls for controlling the walker isn't gonna be similar to Star Fox 2... In SF2, it was like using duel stick controls, but with the shoulder buttons to aim/move camera.
Guess I'll watch more footage.
Well It's sort of like... a typical console FPS as far as I know? One stick moves, the other aims and then you fire with a shoulder button? Thankfully it'll have Wii U pro controller support... or they said the planned to add that at least.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Bit disappointed with E3 myself too. I stayed out of this thread since I missed it, but I'm glad to have watched all the vods now.

Star Fox... eh, yeah. It looks like nostalgia will sell it because N64 Star Fox was the best and only game worth playing (:joyful:). /s In all seriousness though, that game was the only one that got me mildly excited.

Damn, not even anything about Zelda Wii U either. I was hoping that I had just missed news about it or something, but nada in E3 :/

Last edited:

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Bit disappointed with E3 myself too. I stayed out of this thread since I missed it, but I'm glad to have watched all the vods now.

Star Fox... eh, yeah. It looks like nostalgia will sell it because N64 Star Fox was the best and only game worth playing (:joyful:). /s In all seriousness though, that game was the only one that got me mildly excited.

Damn, not even anything about Zelda Wii U either. I was hoping that I had just missed news about it or something, but nada in E3 :/
They already said there'd be no Zelda U showing due to development crossroad, and well.... I'm kinda positive for StarFox zero, cause it looks like we'll have something, though I'm not a fan of the "safe" approach where they don't expand on the StarFox universe at all.

Nintendo NX... what are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
though I'm not a fan of the "safe" approach where they don't expand on the StarFox universe at all.
Exactly. Star Fox has been one of the most innovative series (even if some weren't so great), so it kinda sucks how we're back here..again...I hope it's not ALWAYS like this...
Well It's sort of like... a typical console FPS as far as I know? One stick moves, the other aims and then you fire with a shoulder button? Thankfully it'll have Wii U pro controller support... or they said the planned to add that at least.
According to Beta64, you couldn't strafe. Which bothers me... Hopfully it will be different for the Pro Controller.

Last edited:
Top Bottom