• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alright guys, we've got **** to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotcom

Smash Lord

The Usmash thing is no small matter or little trick... it's a revolution. It's like DDD learning he can CG people with dthrow. It's going to become absolutely essential and core to the metagame.
I honestly don't feel their's a truer post on the boards.
Other than the first post that said MetaKnight is good.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'm looking a lot into Pikmin manipulation and line management. Currently figuring out how far Pikmin will travel before flying off stage from a Grounded Toss, Short Hop, or Full Hop, so that I'll be able to manipulate my line into what I want (four purples all the time (h)).

Also, does anyone remember when Weruop started talking about that AT he was working with a long while back? Auto Canceling our aerials before the hitbox comes out, but so that the Pikmin still travels to the back of the line? I was thinking about implementing it earlier, and checked some of brood's games to see if he does it, and what do you know. Going to figure out the frame data for it now to see how laggy it is and how big the window is for each aerial.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I'm looking a lot into Pikmin manipulation and line management. Currently figuring out how far Pikmin will travel before flying off stage from a Grounded Toss, Short Hop, or Full Hop, so that I'll be able to manipulate my line into what I want (four purples all the time (h)).

Also, does anyone remember when Weruop started talking about that AT he was working with a long while back? Auto Canceling our aerials before the hitbox comes out, but so that the Pikmin still travels to the back of the line? I was thinking about implementing it earlier, and checked some of brood's games to see if he does it, and what do you know. Going to figure out the frame data for it now to see how laggy it is and how big the window is for each aerial.
Every one of olimar's moves auto-cancel before the hitbox comes out and shuffles the pikmin to the end of your line, iirc.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
I remember mentioning whistling it and someone pointed out that if we could whistle it then we'd also be able to air dodge it, so it seems the whistle is only an option if Falco messes up the timing
ok then nevemind about the whistling part ^^; just upB cancel it its not hard >.>

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Here's what I have. If you land any of Olimar's aerials between frames 2 and 5, you will cancel the aerial and Olimar will suffer normal landing lag (2 frames). If you land frame 6 or after you will suffer the attack's landing lag (15 for forward and back air, 30 for up and down air).

Also I'd like to note that, while neutral doesn't sift Pikmin, it's different than the others. It can only be autocanceled on frame 2 of the attack, and canceling it any later will cause its landing lag.

So yeah, the window is tight, but this could be incredible.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
lol I was JUST doing that when you posted, Echo.
i read minds :p

iv tested stuff with it along time ago when we first learned about it

also im going to test all jabs we can beat with upsmash OOS tomorrow, i know we can beat anything lucario can do after his 2nd jab but not sure if we can hit him between his jab1 and jab2, i couldnt do it when i tested it. But jabs do seem to give olimars alot of trouble vs alot of charcters and i also wanna see if we can beat MKs dtilt and ftilt with it as well.. o and dair >.>

Latias

Smash Journeyman
So jc upsmash out of shield is guarantee rocket?

.... Do you need a certain control scheme to make this easier?

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
how do you actually do it
ok so u shield, tilt ur shield up, then press y or x (if their set to jump) then u press A really fast, u have to like roll ur finger over the Y/X and A buttons (thats with normal controlls) its not hard it just takes a lil bit of practice and it pays off SO much XD

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Apparently how much landing lag you get depends on how far you fall. If you short hop and land you'll only have 2 frames of landing lag. If you full hop, or short hop from a platform to the stage below, you'll have 4 frames of landing lag.

Edit: If you land within 59 frames, you have 2 frames of landing lag. If you land 60 frames or more, you have 4. God that was a ***** to test.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Oh, no I'm talking about jumping, lol. Guess I should have been more clear. This is for when you jump, whether you use an attack or not, and how long you're in the air after your jump. But this also applies to if you auto cancel an aerial. But standard landing lag obviously cancels this, though.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Hilt your dedication is incredible and I'm loving it :)

This auto-cancel shuffle sounds like it'd be hard to implement consistently, but if it's possible then that's gonna be a fantastic tool

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
just hit the cstick before u land :p
its really not that hard i promise ^^;

@hilt- ooo lol i gotcha ^^;

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
just hit the cstick before u land :p
its really not that hard i promise ^^;

@hilt- ooo lol i gotcha ^^;
Well I KNOW that :laugh: I've done it accidentally many times, so I know what it looks like. I'm speaking more along the lines of realizing you need to do it, SH without getting punished, then land. Or look at your line ahead of time, fair, then do it. It's more of a mental thing than a technical one

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
or everytime u fair u can look at ur line and see if u dont need the next one and auto cancel, or when ur falling :p <3

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Auto Canceling means that the attack has no lag other than standard landing lag from a jump (not the attack's landing lag). For example, if you land on the ground during Olimar's fair between frames 6 - 42 of the attack, you'll suffer 15 frames of lag. If you land between frames 2 - 5, however, it'll auto cancel and you won't suffer any lag other than the 2 or 4 frames you always suffer when landing. Peach's fair is a good example, as she can auto cancel during the entire attack (I think, I'm not sure what the window is).

RichBrown

Smash Master
We can duck under Falco's reflector

So if he's watching your lineup and you have a purple next, jump at him, then duck

Lol

RichBrown

Smash Master
Wtf what is RP tell me

Also can someone test of dthrow-purple fsmash-regrab works on falco? It like can be smash DIed but no one is gonna expect that **** lol

Test it with blue and white dthrow

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Wtf what is RP tell me

Also can someone test of dthrow-purple fsmash-regrab works on falco? It like can be smash DIed but no one is gonna expect that **** lol

Test it with blue and white dthrow
I'd test it but I don't have anyone to help me, and knockback values in Training are dif I think :/

And @anyone from the Xat: got RP covered.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
wtf is RP?

Richbrown, what do the initials in ur sig stand for?

not sure if any of you understand japanese, but brood's blog is a great place to find out more about olimar. i cbf translating, but if you open it with a website, you can generally get the point he's trying to make...

something like:

http://www.rikai.com/perl/LangMedia....livedoor.jp/broodt_pick/archives/545019.html
I'll get a translator (not google translator lol)

ok then nevemind about the whistling part ^^; just upB cancel it its not hard >.>
I'll try it more now, does the number of pikmin you have matter?

make the private group ._.

threads going so fast
Yeah this needs the private group (BR) already.

Apparently how much landing lag you get depends on how far you fall. If you short hop and land you'll only have 2 frames of landing lag. If you full hop, or short hop from a platform to the stage below, you'll have 4 frames of landing lag.

Edit: If you land within 59 frames, you have 2 frames of landing lag. If you land 60 frames or more, you have 4. God that was a ***** to test.
How do you count the frames? I just basically asking how u get ur frame data and all.

We can duck under Falco's reflector

So if he's watching your lineup and you have a purple next, jump at him, then duck

Lol
u can Dtilt it also.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
yes the number of pikmin u have matters because if u dont have enough then ur chain wont reach the ledge. its more a matter of timing tho

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
yes the number of pikmin u have matters because if u dont have enough then ur chain wont reach the ledge. its more a matter of timing tho
When it comes down to I know I am not going to make it with the amount of Pikmin I have I just start chunking them. So I can get that extra height.

Also, are all Oli players allowed in the Private Group?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Nope we don't have a private group made yet. If we do, I'll let everyone know. Not sure if we will, though.

@Tin Man, I have a code that I load with homebrew that allows me to freeze the game and travel frame by frame.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Ooohh so that's how you do the frame data.

I still have alot of pages to read, but it looks like yall are doing alot of Falco matches.

Will yall be doing this for all his bad match ups? Or yall just doing it because it seems like a good person tot try this on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom