• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

America! The Tourney (FINISHED! JAIME WINS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hey guys- tomorrow I'm leaving for a week to go help poor people or something. Apparently I'm not allowed to use the internet while I'm away, so I'm giving Fynal complete dictatorial power over this tournament until the 25th when I return. He'll keep the bracket updated and so forth; hopefully he won't have to resolve any conflicts but he can if he needs to.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Hey guys- tomorrow I'm leaving for a week to go help poor people or something.
How sweet...

But I can see your true intentions. Trying to garner the support of the proletariat to use as a weapon against the empire of the stars, are you? Well, I will meet this challenge head on. If it's a game of politics you want, it's a game of politics you'll get.

P.S. I'll try to play Killer soon.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hey now. I would never scheme like that. I'm just one of the workingmen. A buddy, reaching out a hand to help you with your load of coal. A dirty, soot-faced commoner chugging Pabst Blue Ribbon beside you in a non-hipstery way. The next guy down on the assembly line, working 14-hour shifts back-to-back to support his wife and kids.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
well i was hoping he'd actually give me his SWF account for the week to manage his tourney but apparently i just get the challonge one

oh, the things i coulda done...:urg:

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Been on galaxy for more than week....Still waiting for Star king.......Even send pm, no answer......

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
*rant about following flowchat, PMing eachother, and getting yer matches done*

*specific anger targeting killer vs starking and snake vs knite, both of which are holding up brackets badly*

*something about starking being a communist*

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
EZSNAKE vs KNIGHTPHOX and STARKING vs KILLER

1. pm eachother
2. set up time
3. play match
4. report results

i know, 4 steps is really hard, but come on guys i believe in you!

The Star King

Smash Hero
Ok, so I'm playing with Killer.

It's DSing a LOT. But it only hard ds'ed once (where the message pops up).

Killer claims that he should get a win because it dsed four times, even though we don't know who is causing all this ds. Why should he be the one getting the win? Especially since I had the lead three out of four dses. And I never ds this much.

I think we should just play the matches out, but Killer disagrees.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Can connection issues cause a lot of ds without lag? I didn't actually know.

But if so then maybe. But both he and I claim that we don't normally ds that much.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I think so too. I probably need Fynal to say so for Killer to be convinced, though.

What do you think, Fynal?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
sorry for my smart-*** reply i thought you actually meant something different when you posted "it wasn't lagging".

I dont think I've seen a case where someone DSs a lot without laggin or something obvious.

The Star King

Smash Hero
It's cool Surri.

...I remember I played SilentSlayers once, and we would ds a lot.

And both of us said we don't ds that much usually. Just like this case.

So maybe when specific people are matched up they ds more. Maybe caused by a difference in video plug-in or something? IDK.

I didn't ds this much vs Killer before, though. He said he got a new PC, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
@killer/starking:
there will be no forfeits due to ds-ing without evidence beyond "oh i dont normally ds" to support whose fault it is. play the matches again. sorry. I dont know of any other fair solution, feel free to tell me if you think of one.

if you are playing on galaxy or some other server, and the ds problem continues, you might consider getting a 3rd, neutral person (who doesn't lag) to join and watch and see who ds's (you can each tell the 3rd where you are standing, and see who doesn't line up with what the 3rd sees. make sure to have both players say where theyre standing before the 3rd says). Its problematic but I don't know what else to tell you.

If yer on p2p, sorry and thats really weird, gonna have to replay.

The Star King

Smash Hero
He's talking about soft ds where a message doesn't pop up. Those were three out of the four dses we had.

The 3rd person can see who is still attacking/acting sane and who's not.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
I've had instances in teams where 2 players are synced in teams while the other 2 are dsed from them. The opponents on the other hand have the same problem as the first team, they are synced but dsed from the other two, if that makes sense.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
yeah ive seen that as well as having 1 person from each team synced, while the other two and DSd from them, but still fighting each other.

This happened to me and UNK the other day.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Guess who's back?

Killer sent me a PM implying that you had lag spikes and stuff when it ds'd, but just play the matches again. Yeah, it's been too long, but I don't feel like DQ'ing without IRONCLAD reasons. Just play the match. Not hard.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Killer claims to have sent a PM to SK and received no response. IDK how true it is, but one way or another, you guys need to get in contact and set up a very definite date. You should both PM each other with times at which you can play. If it's not done by Thursday, I'll DQ someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom