• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An in-depth look into Peach's uair string

The future looks hopeful, but sadly will not change anything until a later date. Needs to be used in games first :(

Edit: Just wondering, is there enough time to get a Dair started on Fox from a dthrow?

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Just wondering, is there enough time to get a Dair started on Fox from a dthrow?
That won't be a true combo, but it could still work depending on what he does.

How hard is this to do, control input wise?
I think it's pretty difficult, but obviously very doable. Just practice it a bit each day and it'll become second nature eventually.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i don't find it that difficult at all if you claw. it's way easier than bonewalking for me at least and I don't rly have any tech skill haha.

but it's still a little hard to start the combo from dair to uair on the fox/wolf from zero but I guess you can just continue the dair/dair combo until you know a uair is gonna pop 'em up real good.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have a friend comming over today to play. I'm gonna try and pull this off on him. I think I can do it since I am a quick player and have quick fingers/reflexes. He will be my first pry. And yes, matches of my sexy Peach along with this **** combo will be recorded.

And ha ha ha ha haaaaaa @ other character boards coming here to see and question this. Thes boys are scared of a blonde in a pink dress. Or a my case, a brunette in a yellow dress.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
I performed the technique on a tournament today. Lots of times. Thanks a whole lot for this specific info, Hotgarbage. <3

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I performed the technique on a tournament today. Lots of times. Thanks a whole lot for this specific info, Hotgarbage. <3
Wait.... There was a tourney at Kaizen?

**** it, I didn't go because I thought I was just gonna be walking around looking at cosplayers and anime stuff... Well, i had to study for a final I have tomorrow, anyway, and can't afford to use too much money on the count of me going to Pound4 and needing some cash on at all times...

Nice to see characters are still discovering stuff these days, it would have sucked if Brawl's metagame would've stagnated half a year ago (at the first aniversary).

how about starting the uair string with a z-dropped turnip for another possibility?

EDIT: If you z-drop a turnip from about a metaknights or so distance above the opponent, you have enough time to get to the ground just before it hits, and can then start the upair string from the minor hitstun
and if they shield the turnip, they might drop shield and you can punish that? or if they don't you can get a free grab anyway
maybe this can be utilized reading a dash grab or dash attack approach

I'm just theory crafting, not testing :p

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Wait, why is this still being called a "string"?

Isn't one of the few real combos Brawl has?

-Ran

Smash Master
Looks hot, and it makes me glad that I got into the habit of SDI-ing every attack already. <3

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
So I can chaing grab wolf and ike pretty nicely...

Can I do this uair string at after that?
To be more specific Peach's dthrow gives about a +9 advantage at max, so it won't be a guaranteed combo or anything. It could still work considering they're in great position to start it though, it just depends on what they do.

Awesome to hear it's being used in tourney! And thank YOU for thinking it up :)

how about starting the uair string with a z-dropped turnip for another possibility?
If your opponent is tall enough sure that should work.

EDIT:
Wait, why is this still being called a "string"?

Isn't one of the few real combos Brawl has?
......huh, I guess you're right. By definition a "string" is a series of attacks that don't true combo, unlike this. So what do you think would work? Uair chain? Something else that I can't think of? SCREW THE RULES and keep string?¿?

Also nah, Brawl has quite a few combos, especially at low %.... of course those usually involve only 2, sometimes 3 hits.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Uair chain sounds boring. Uair string is better. Another more original name would be even better. Idk, maybe Excelling or Garbaging, anything.

:053:

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Can can sounds very nice.

I stink at doing this. I can't seem to hit the second uair or sequential uairs it seems the computer can dodge while I'm short hopping.

Should I buffer the SH Uair?

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Can can sounds very nice.

I stink at doing this. I can't seem to hit the second uair or sequential uairs it seems the computer can dodge while I'm short hopping.

Should I buffer the SH Uair?
You can't buffer it with the c-stick unfortunately. Anyways there are quite a few things you could be doing wrong here, and as such the best thing to do here would be for you to send me a replay so I can look at it a see just what's going on :bee:. My Wii FC and Brawl FC are in my profile (you have to add both to send a replay).

Gea

Smash Master
I find this way easier to do with the control stick. Its just getting into the correct rhythm of tapping up and down.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I'm not sure how this is gay. Of all of the strategies in Brawl, I'd rank this combo one of the top 3 least gay things to surface in the game. A real combo, lets you build damage, encourages approaching, isn't a chain grab, quicker matches. Definitely less gay than lots of stuff in the game that does this kind of output.

Think about it. If you are ****** people with a combo, and better at that a JUGGLING combo, while other matches being played are Metanight's using a bunch of tornado, IC doing infinites, falcos and ddd's chaingrabbing all over the place, which match would you prefer to see?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
and i can do it rly well 'cept i can't effin' start the stupid thing on wolf/fox. it's hard for me. they fall so fast. I'd hit w/ one uair and then i'd lose the combo. =(

oh and people...

this the Excel Combo or the Zero Combo.

just name it after people. like when I suggested Bone-walking. :p

or we can call it...EXCELlence

**** yea~

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
Often when you groundfloat on uneven ground(Yoshi's Story, Lylat etc), and move, you get grounded. When the opponent getting upaired SDI's left/right, you'll be forced to move towards them. If this becomes a common Peach strat, couldn't stages with uneven ground be considered in counterpicking?

Edit: I guess I shouldn't have said counterpicking Peach but just a way to counter the strategy.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
And it gets easier frame-wise the more you do. There would be more time to compensate for uneven terrain, but it would still be effective to counterpick and try and stack something against it.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
and i can do it rly well 'cept i can't effin' start the stupid thing on wolf/fox. it's hard for me. they fall so fast. I'd hit w/ one uair and then i'd lose the combo. =(
Aye, those guys are difficult, but because of that they're the best to practice on. Like on 26% fox you have to hit with the uair within 3 frames of your float. Really if you can do it consistently on these two you can consider the technique mastered.

oh and people...

this the Excel Combo or the Zero Combo.

just name it after people. like when I suggested Bone-walking. :p

or we can call it...EXCELlence

**** yea~
*spies a Peach pulling this off*

Well gee, looks like that Peach sure is EXCELling!!!

LOOOOOL

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
what exactly is the window of error we have between uairs for those two.

they're haaard. so now ima try to be gay and be like sh dair to double jump dair into The Excellent Combo.

But yeah I pretty much have it down on the rest of the cast but I mess up in-game because I haven't memorized the percents to start trying fh uair n stuff haha but I've at least landed this one time last night playing Vicegrip on wifi haha.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
gonna start to learn this 2night. Does any1 know how hard this is to do in comparision to the IC infinite cg?

Top Bottom