• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An in-depth look into Peach's uair string

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
IC chain grab is 100% timing. This is also being good using multiple controls at the same time, something you can only really learn with experience.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
i did this to Fatal a while back, and he was like "WTF IS THIS?" and i said, "this is the **** that is peach"

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I hate to sound skeptic but does this actually work?

Are you sure that DI and/or jumping out off this won't break the Uair chain?
Don't get me wrong, this idea is amazing but considering its already quite situational, it'd be nice to know if this 100% definitly works

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh, rite. Apples b-sticks too! <3

Actually Apples, I found out awhile ago that you can perform floated aerials with the b-stick. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems totally in the realm of possibility that we can do this just like everyone else does it - with the claw method and everything. :D

ApplesOfDoom

Smash Journeyman
Oh, rite. Apples b-sticks too! <3

Actually Apples, I found out awhile ago that you can perform floated aerials with the b-stick. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems totally in the realm of possibility that we can do this just like everyone else does it - with the claw method and everything. :D

OHGOD TELL ME MOAR!

I don't want to give up b-stick DD:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You don't have to give up b-stick anyway. I tried doing it when this came out, and I threw out like five kicks without too much trouble just using the A button - though I haven't had a chance to replicate it. Point is, it's very doable without the c-stick.

We can use our b-stick too (probably)! I can't remember how exactly I was doing it (I did this like, 2 months ago), but I activated a float and I could occasionally punch out fairs, dairs, and whatever. Only floated aerials, and not yet consistently. I haven't had time to figure out the intricacies - but it's really exciting because this proves the b-stick accepts a-button inputs (like reverse bonewalking).

To perform the b-aerials though, you might need to activate a float via the b-stick. Remember how one of the inputs is jump for some reason? Use it to float, and then try aerials. I think that's how I did it.

I'll of course try it out later.

ApplesOfDoom

Smash Journeyman
When I try doing this with just the A button, it's not fast enough and I usually tend to jump instead...

I'll try the b-aerial thing out, though. I hope that it works DD:

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
following sdi is harder when you haven't got the cstick for better control of aerial movement. especially when the uair can't be buffered.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
and i'm still hitting ppl w/ this in tournament coz i claw. but if you're like meno and can easily throw out 5 kicks in the chain then **** it, that's all you really need on most characters before you fh uair lol.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
wooo. i wanna try this now that i have time. wtf is the advantage + numbers? i am so confused. did i miss something, can someone explain to me what that is???

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I can do the string in training mode(I know the decaying affects this), but I can't do it to characters in regular brawl. I've tried it vs MK on regular brawl, and he is always too far way after the 1st hit.

Am I not inputing fast enough or what?

I set this up w/ a low floating dair by the way. I think d-tilt may work as well.

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
What about the hitbox of upair inside of Peach? Doesn't it knock the opponent forward and not up, so if you sdi'd inside of peach it might be possible to escape it early.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I've been able to keep practicing it (without losing my mind) by switching R to jump. This also helps (me) with the BAir trap. I really dislike modifying the controls, but I never press R (right index finger only presses z if anything.)

I practice it a little every time I play in hopes that I'll be able to use it decently like boneSLIDING :D It's making me all weird, I'm like OH MAN I CAN UAIR HERE AND WRECK THAT STOCK :D

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
if u claw, it will be easy. i swear to u guys.

srsly.

i'm gonna keep preaching it like i was preaching it when this was first posted.

just fuggin claw.

u shud get the hang of it easy since the uairs are just one smooth motion.

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
Clawing just doesn't feel right. R to jump is the way to go. It also helps switching back and forth from melee to brawl(for me anyways).

The string isn't the hard part. I find it harder setting it up. The spacing and timing for the dair(you can't just do any dair and get and upair string) is tricky so I just try and upthrow and then try and bait an airdodge from below.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Hey! This is my first time on Smashboards, and I just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm not really inclined in all the terms yet, which I know is something I should be doing instead of looking at this thread. :p
I'm not a majorly serious Brawler, but I plan too be. The combo is insane! I really appreciate being able to look at such a nice piece of work! I just need to get myself a Wii and practice till my fingers bleed.

Thanks again!

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I agree that clawing makes it very easy. I don't see how setting R to jump is easy because you have to click it to jump. Seems like it would mess my timing.

Anyone have thoughts or comments on the topic I mentioned about the UAir string having ftilt decay props?

Top Bottom