• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Length Song Title Tool 1.2 [Fixed Download]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
What does it mean, if after I export MiscData[140] from info.pac and replace MiscData[7] in mu_menumain.pac, it says "Compressing..." and a blue bar goes across the thing...

Well, poor description.

Someone previously mentioned that you need to compress them afterwards. Is this what you were talking about? I'm using BrawlBox 0.59, if it helps.

But my mu_menumain.pac is over 9000 KB! Well, more specifically, it's 10,180 KB. Is this normal?

Actually, I probably have the same problem as Olimario...

Alphatron

Smash Champion
When editing with brawlbox, there's no reason to use Save As. Just click save and then remove the "en" part of the file manually.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Alphatron : I've tried that too and still have no idea why it's freezing. Is it possible that one of the song titles it just doesn't like? I didn't try changing any of them, perhaps I could?

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
To make it compressd, just before you save it, Click the main file on the Top. Then the right bar will say "compression" if its set to none, then change it to LZ77. That will fix it.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Luigiman : Do I need to compress the MiscData[140] as well? The top part always had LZ77 for me, but the MiscData's always were set to none.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
After I replace the MiscData[7] with MiscData[140] in the mu_menumain.pac and save it, when I open it up again the MSG changes to a "?", does that mean it's compressed or it can't identify it?

Can somebody look at this and tell me if I'm doing something wrong?
http://www.mediafire.com/?lrawinwdmnw

After I replace the MiscData[7] with MiscData[140] in the mu_menumain.pac and save it, when I open it up again the MSG changes to a "?", does that mean it's compressed or it can't identify it?

Can somebody look at this and tell me if I'm doing something wrong?
http://www.mediafire.com/?lrawinwdmnw

In my experience, Brawl doesn't take kindly to switching around MiscData packets, especially mu_menumain.pac. Good luck getting to the menu lol

Alphatron

Smash Champion

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
In order to understand what was wrong, I decided to attempt what you guys did. I exported the msbin from my info.pac(which was manually edited with Dantarion's tool before brawlbox was upgraded) into my mu_menumain.pac and it all worked fine for me. Try using my files and see if they freeze on your game. If they do, then something else must be wrong.

http://www.filefront.com/14948617/Alpha_mu_menumain.pac

http://www.filefront.com/14948629/info.pac
I downloaded your files and put them in their folders, and I deleted the Alpha_ from the mu_menumain.pac. When I started my game it still froze after the loading screen.

I'm using the file replacement code 3.5.1 if it makes any difference.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
In order to understand what was wrong, I decided to attempt what you guys did. I exported the msbin from my info.pac(which was manually edited with Dantarion's tool before brawlbox was upgraded) into my mu_menumain.pac and it all worked fine for me. Try using my files and see if they freeze on your game. If they do, then something else must be wrong.

http://www.filefront.com/14948617/Alpha_mu_menumain.pac

http://www.filefront.com/14948629/info.pac
You exported it to the menumain.pac? How? If that's all you do, then I'm merely a step away from custom song titles!!!

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
You exported it to the menumain.pac? How? If that's all you do, then I'm merely a step away from custom song titles!!!
Double post.

I'm assuming after he edited it in the info.pac he exported MiscData[140], and in the mu_menumain.pac he right clicked MiscData[7], hit replace, and selected MiscData[140].

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Double post.

I'm assuming after he edited it in the info.pac he exported MiscData[140], and in the mu_menumain.pac he right clicked MiscData[7], hit replace, and selected MiscData[140].
This pretty much.

I'm not sure why the info.pac would be freezing for you at all as mine works well, but...

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Main Theme
When opening my info.pac in BBox, I see that there and I leave it alone. I removed the bolded portion when putting it in the mu_menumain though. As I didn't change that title at all, I assumed it was just something the info.pac did. If the info.pac you edited doesn't have that, I'd tell you to put it back in. Though this is a huge assumption and I doubt it will change anything.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
The info.pac I was editing did not have that. So I did two tests. I put it on my SD card unedited and my Wii froze. Then I added the  to the title and put it on my SD card, and that also froze my Wii. So it seems to me that for some reason it can't read the info.pac off of my SD card whether it was edited, or had  or not.

The layout should be like this right? private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf/info2/info.pac

Alphatron

Smash Champion
If it was freezing either way, then it probably wasn't that. I'm not sure why the info.pac by itself would be freezing the Wii. That one works for me and the one I'm using now is actually a smudge smaller in file size.

If an unedited info.pac is freezing the wii by itself then I'm not quite sure what to say. Are you using a USB Gecko to play brawl by any chance?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Ah. Same $5 SD card I use. In that case, I really don't understand why its freezing for you.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
My problem is resolved, mu_menumain and info work flawlessly! thanks for all the help guys.

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
Hey need some help I followed the steps but info.pac isn't being read at all whenever I load up brawl.

Extract all files to a directory.
make a copy of "defaultsongs.db" and save it as "songs.db"

Easy enough.

Open the file in notepad and use it to replace default song names with custom ones
Double click on the exe.

Open songs.db, right? I am using regular notepad. EDIT: Do I leave notepad open while running the exe?

Copy the generated info.pac to your SD

The path to put the info.pac in is private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2 , right?

The exe runs and info.pac is made, telling me I have 1388 bytes left before it gets too big or something like that. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
You don't need to leave it open, just save it after editing and you're good. Also, make sure it's named info.pac and not info_en.pac.

Honestly, I think the lot of you would have more success and less problems by simply using Brawlbox to edit the pacs directly and putting in the song names one at a time. Maybe 5 minutes of work. Compared to however long this method is taking you.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Honestly, I think the lot of you would have more success and less problems by simply using Brawlbox to edit the pacs directly and putting in the song names one at a time. Maybe 5 minutes of work. Compared to however long this method is taking you.
It actually doesn't take THAT long, only about 3 minutes to open it up, edit the title and have the file ready to be put in the directory it goes.

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
I just read the whole topic and am trying to do this with the info.pac in brawlbox approach, I need to come back tomorrow if I don't figure it out.

You basically open info.pac with brawlbox, go into miscdata140 and edit the titles you want, then do you save it as info.pcs or info.pac?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I just read the whole topic and am trying to do this with the info.pac in brawlbox approach, I need to come back tomorrow if I don't figure it out.

You basically open info.pac with brawlbox, go into miscdata140 and edit the titles you want, then do you save it as info.pcs or info.pac?
Save the file, period. Then, if you want your custom titles to appear in My Music, you replace MiscData7 in the mu_menumain.pac with the MiscData140 in your info.pac

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I try to just save, it tells me "the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

I make sure that nothing but brawlbox is open while I try to save it, but it always gives me that stupid message! It looks like I won't be able to get this thing running...

Edit: Do I go to compression in the misc section at all or do I leave that alone? It will let me use save if I use lz77 compression, I'm gonna go test it out now.

EDIT 2: IS IT TRUE THE TITLES WON'T DISPLAY IN TRAINING MODE?? I'ma be really pissed off if so cause thats were I went to check them the whole time >_>

Edit 3: Note to all: I'm an idiot. I didn't realize how easy it is to simply keep your songs.db in ALSTT, open it with notepad++, edit titles save it and then run the exe and put the info.pac straight to the appropriate folder on the SD. For the longest time I'd go to training to see if it worked, and lo and behold, I'd been doing it correctly for quite some time now except without knowing that they don't display in training mode...

KingSlimeKnight

Smash Apprentice
Is this : The Big Band of Rogues (Tokyo Cuban Boys Jr.), Shigeo Nukita - Theme of The Shop (NINTENDO64: ''THE LEGEND OF ZELDA OCARINA OF TIME'')

Too long? *is too scarred to test that out*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom