• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Length Song Title Tool 1.2 [Fixed Download]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EclipseKirby

Smash Cadet
For some reason, I m not getting an effect from this.

I placed the contents of this tool in my documents folder. Then, using the Custom Song maker GUI, I made a song.db and placed it within the same folder, ran ALSTT, and placed the resulting info.pac in the directory private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/info2.*

While I'm not running into any crashes or other concerns, there aren't any change to titles or elsewhere I hope I didn't somehow misinterpret the purpose of the tool, but is there any idea what this is?

*I also tried to manually update songs.db with notepad++ on a later attempt, but to no change.

RockXero77

Smash Cadet
When I click the EXE, it makes a "alstt_out". Do I just rename it? That's what I'm assuming.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Lawlz people are so confused. Let me try to help.

At first when I did it, I foolishly used wordpad for the songs.db because notepad was ******** looking and didn't have everything formatted properly nor was it separated by lines. Needless to say it didn't work. For whatever reason, I don't really know. It would freeze upon starting the match right when the text was supposed to appear. After reading a few of the posts here I started over from scratch and decided to use Notepad++. I got lazy and decided the process would be a lot easier if I used Dantarion's other program to compile the songs.db file.

I named every single song in Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI (if you don't do every song you'll get a really dumb error that creates an empty songs.db file) and exported it as "songs.db". Checked the file in notepad++ and everything looked fine. Once again MAKE SURE you name every song in your SD card library (the right panel) in Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI.

I then put the songs.db in the ALSTT folder and ran the .exe. I copy/pasted the info.pac file into the specified folder and VOILA! It worked. Every single song that I changed worked. I have about 58 songs by the way. Randomed a few stages to test and they all showed up properly. No stupid freezing at the beginning of the match when the song should come up or anything like that.

If the songs aren't in your library in Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI (left panel) all the hard renaming work you did will disappear upon exiting the program. That shouldn't matter though because every song from here on out you can just edit the songs.db file directly for. For example. If a day later I hear a really cool song and I wanna add the title for it in game I won't use Brawl Custom Song Maker to compile the songs.db, instead I will just manually rename the songs with Notepad++. The only reason for using the Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI is because it's a lot easier when you're renaming a lot of songs. If you're just doing one or a few you can simply edit the songs.db file directly with Notepad++.

This is just my suggestion..I found this to be the easiest way for now, at least until Dantarion makes a newer version.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
I use regular notepad and it works fine :S

This tool is much easier than Brawlbox imo and it gets the same job done. More people should look at using it.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Notepad may work fine but the main problem with it is the formatting. Its a pain to work with, whereas notepad++ organizes everything really nicely and actually gives you numbers so you can manage a lot easier. But hey I guess it doesn't matter if you're just changing one or a couple of songs.

Wiler22

Smash Rookie
Can someone please at least put a guide or just quick instructions on just how exactly to use this??

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Can someone please at least put a guide or just quick instructions on just how exactly to use this??
Look not 3 posts above you, for crying out loud, search the thread before you ask stupid questions

Wiler22

Smash Rookie
Well how about you ask question before saying stupid crap.

I have opened defaultsongs.db in everything, notepad wordpad whatever. I can't edit it whatsoever. I just want to know what to edit & how to get the ALSTT.exe working.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Well how about you ask question before saying stupid crap.

I have opened defaultsongs.db in everything, notepad wordpad whatever. I can't edit it whatsoever. I just want to know what to edit & how to get the ALSTT.exe working.
Alright, my suggestion for you is to just use BrawlBox to edit common.pac and menumain.pac. The song titles are located in MiscData7 and MiscData140, not sure which is in what pac, but it's much quicker and easier

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Alright, my suggestion for you is to just use BrawlBox to edit common.pac and menumain.pac. The song titles are located in MiscData7 and MiscData140, not sure which is in what pac, but it's much quicker and easier
It's actually the info.pac and mu_menumain.pac also use the defaultsong.db to find songs that you want to replace because the .db file is the same order as the MiscData

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
It's actually the info.pac and mu_menumain.pac also use the defaultsong.db to find songs that you want to replace because the .db file is the same order as the MiscData
You're right, I haven't done this in a while...thanks for the save

CeroPhantom

Smash Cadet
Bumping this.

I downloaded Notepad++, my info.pac is in the right directory (pf\info2\info.pac), I even updated Gecko OS, but this still isn't working for me.

I can upload my songs.db tomorrow to see if there's a problem. I only changed one song to reduce any title-related problems variables, and it has no special characters.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
^Is it freezing or not? Also, did you remember to remove the _en from info.pac?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I use regular notepad (for now) so it would take forever for me to spot a problem with that. Even though this tool never gave me any trouble, you could always try brawlbox.

CeroPhantom

Smash Cadet
Alright, everything is working now. I used Brawlbox to alter the titles, and it worked. Thanks for your help Alphatron!

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
Can someone explain how to change the name's of songs in the first place? A link will suffice into the right direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom