• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
yeah, but when DLC comes out I feel obligated to get all if I get one.
And that's fine. Won't stop us from pushing Chrom for DLC though. :p Haha

Personally, I don't think I'd want to waste money on Chrom.
But others would. Hence, why DLC is a good option for him; he's optional.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
And that's fine. Won't stop us from pushing Chrom for DLC though. :p Haha

But others would. Hence, why DLC is a good option for him; he's optional.
Well, something that is worth considering is just how many people would be willing to pay for Chrom. Adding him into the game (and changing the properties of a pre-existing character in the process) takes time and money, and if there aren't that many people who would be interested in having Chrom, then it wouldn't be a smart idea to generate money. If there's only a limited fanbase pushing for Chrom as DLC, then it's probably not going to get any consideration as something worth their time and efforts.

Enloc

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the warm welcome, folks! Looking forward to maybe coming out of my lurker shell a bit more. I'll check Tumblr in a bit and reblog whatever I find on the Chrom movement, maybe add my 2 gold to any discussions too.

Now, in the interest of being productive...do you think we could greatly condense the ideas for Chrom's moveset into the simplest language possible? The reason I ask is because I know a lot of other Japanese majors (and exchange students) much more advanced in their studies than I am. What I am hoping is that one of them might be willing to help us translate the Chrom ideas into Japanese so that we increase the odds that Sakurai or someone related closely to him will see them and know we've made a real effort to communicate.

The problem is that, as far as I know, many of them don't even play Smash, let alone Fire Emblem, so if I'm going to ask for their help I have to make it pretty simple. Heck, maybe even drawing out potential moves would be useful, even if it was stick figures. I and others could potentially expand upon stick figures, given enough time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, something that is worth considering is just how many people would be willing to pay for Chrom. Adding him into the game (and changing the properties of a pre-existing character in the process) takes time and money, and if there aren't that many people who would be interested in having Chrom, then it wouldn't be a smart idea to generate money. If there's only a limited fanbase pushing for Chrom as DLC, then it's probably not going to get any consideration as something worth their time and efforts.
Keep in mind consumer mentality. There are a lot of completionists when it comes to this sort of thing. They could make Pichu DLC and I'm confident it will sell. It's Smash Bros. Simply doing a Chrom-to-Morgan model swap in the Final Smash wouldn't be too challenging. And then it's a matter of adding Chrom.

The people pushing would only be a fraction of the ones willing to buy it. Many would buy it, even the ones not actively pushing for it. It would be rather cost effective at increasing the roster size, bringing back an old idea, and making money.

Enloc

Smash Cadet
Keep in mind consumer mentality. There are a lot of completionists when it comes to this sort of thing. They could make Pichu DLC and I'm confident it will sell. It's Smash Bros. Simply doing a Chrom-to-Morgan model swap in the Final Smash wouldn't be too challenging. And then it's a matter of adding Chrom.

The people pushing would only be a fraction of the ones willing to buy it. Many would buy it, even the ones not actively pushing for it. It would be rather cost effective at increasing the roster size, bringing back an old idea, and making money.
That's a rather good point, actually, and as we've already seen in this thread, there are definitely those who would feel compelled to buy stuff they normally wouldn't just to complete the set.

But, speaking personally... if it turns out there's a difference between Japanese and NOA amiibos, I'll be happy to buy two Chroms! I've got my Japanese system already and I'm going to be over yonder for a while so I'll happily double their profits off of me for every Fire Emblem character they release.

The Fire Emblem fandom is one without a lot of merchandise and they are hungry for more. I've got money I will happily shower Nintendo in if they'll give me stuff I want to spend it on!

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Because 4 characters?
A lot of series have 4 reps or more, why can't FE?
Because Fire Emblem isn't as popular as others but personally I don't care about that. I mean Fire Emblem has the greatest selection of characters with awesome moveset potential.

That aside, I think we should be more focused on our goal of expanding our campaign if we want to stand a chance. We shouldn't sit here asking why Lucina gets in but Chrom can't and why that is bad reasoning (not directed at you necessarily). We're wasting too much energy on arguments we won't get a definitive answer for. We should focus our energy on the campaign.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Because 4 characters?
A lot of series have 4 reps or more, why can't FE?
Donkey Kong doesn't even have 3 at this point and we're here asking for Chrom. It's true that FE is already an overkill with 2x amount of reps for DK, but in my opinion, even if he was DLC, I don't think he would make a good pick. If FE NEEDS a DLC character, most people would want Roy, Tiki, or Anna. Three Awakening reps, even though 2 could potentially be clones is sorta overkill. Plus, most people already agreed on Chrom's current position.

I'm down for supporting characters, since the more the merrier, but I don't really think Chrom as a DLC character would be that great. We need goofy characters like Anna, etc. A THIRD Awakening character would be :/

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Thanks for the warm welcome, folks! Looking forward to maybe coming out of my lurker shell a bit more. I'll check Tumblr in a bit and reblog whatever I find on the Chrom movement, maybe add my 2 gold to any discussions too.

Now, in the interest of being productive...do you think we could greatly condense the ideas for Chrom's moveset into the simplest language possible? The reason I ask is because I know a lot of other Japanese majors (and exchange students) much more advanced in their studies than I am. What I am hoping is that one of them might be willing to help us translate the Chrom ideas into Japanese so that we increase the odds that Sakurai or someone related closely to him will see them and know we've made a real effort to communicate.

The problem is that, as far as I know, many of them don't even play Smash, let alone Fire Emblem, so if I'm going to ask for their help I have to make it pretty simple. Heck, maybe even drawing out potential moves would be useful, even if it was stick figures. I and others could potentially expand upon stick figures, given enough time.
Welcome to the boards! I personally think the best way to spread the word of Chrom's moveset is to make an illustration of it. Imagine all the fans from tumblr sharing it and posting it in other forums. Heck, it could even reach Nintendo.
The image could be like this:
Except based on Chrom and a moveset we can agree on.

Let's focus our efforts.

Last edited:

Enloc

Smash Cadet
I can't argue that FE having 5 reps wouldn't be a bit of a slap to series like Metroid and DK who have statistically higher sales (and DO deserve more reps!)... so I won't try to. All I can say is this, which is purely my opinion and appears to be shared by a lot of other folks:

I found the trailer completely tasteless and virtually an outright insult to the character of Chrom and his fans. If Chrom had simply been left out of it (except in Robin's FS), I think that it would have been less of a blow to his rather sizeable fanbase and we wouldn't be left feeling like we'd been made fun of. In many polls (in Japan), he leads the popularity chart for male characters, so it's not as if he isn't wanted. I think that assuming all Smash players want things to be Unique and Diverse is also kind of selling the rest of the fanbase short. I for one am overjoyed that we got Lucina even if she is a clone because...hey, that's one more of my dearly beloved characters that I get to play. And I don't really care if Chrom is super different, though it would be nice, especially if finding a way to make him different will get Sakurai to see the light. I just want to play my favorite characters the way other people want to play favorites. Heck, I'd be happy even if Chrom were an Ike clone, I just want him in. Because I like him and my actual gameplay demands are simple.

I'm not sure that, for example, Tiki and Anna are actually all that wanted by the majority of Fire Emblem fans. Iirc, they're not all that close to the top of the Awakening polls, so even if they did offer something unique, I don't think that necessarily makes them a better sales move (I would love to play a manakete but not at the expense of a character I like more on a personal level). Chrom stuff though? You better believe it'll get sold to those folks who made him their avatar's husband. Even if they don't play smash, those people will buy the figure.

Edit for the post above me:
I totally agree that a picture would be the best way to go. That way we can sort of get around the language barrier in the event no one wants to do any translating to Japanese.

I wonder if a few big Chrom fans on Tumblr might be willing to go for it...they work faster and better than I do and have many, many more followers than me.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I never bought the whole "rep" thing. Characters should get in on their own merit (unless they represent a whole game see: Wii Fit Trainer) and not because "series needs more reps!". It's getting REALLY annoying now when I see that.

We're not in a diplomatic meeting. Does Chrom deserve to be in on his own merits? Debatable, but he should not get the short end of the stick just because Fire Emblem "has too many reps".

I think if we're getting DLC, then he's a prime candidate.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Hey, looking at the new post, is it seems sakurai considered chrom, but didn't think he could build a unique move set. We need to show off our unique move set so people can see the potential chrom has!

Left a comment on the website.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just imagine all the people complaining about too many Mario characters if they were the ones to get two DLC characters. That alone will be more controversial than five FE reps. :troll:

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Just imagine all the people complaining about too many Mario characters if they were the ones to get two DLC characters. That alone will be more controversial than five FE reps. :troll:
Not really, if you ask me. I could see Mario pulling a 6th, and a 7th would be surprising, but it'd probably be a character type that we don't have. I wouldn't want a DLC character whose playstyle is the same as a character in the main roster, if you ask me.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Not really, if you ask me. I could see Mario pulling a 6th, and a 7th would be surprising, but it'd probably be a character type that we don't have. I wouldn't want a DLC character whose playstyle is the same as a character in the main roster, if you ask me.
check the website out, he could be very unique.

nintendolover187

Smash Cadet
I'm really impressed with all of you able to band together and act as a nearly single voice is awesome and you can count me in to help every step of the way because anything can change!

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
check the website out, he could be very unique.

I love Awakening, and I do love Chrom more than Marth and Ike, but there's a point where, if the main game developer, the great mind behind the game feels he couldn't be THAT unique, well I think we should all believe him. This movement going "Chrom is good, Chrom is unique" just falls in the same category as the guy asking to balance the game during the roundtable at E3. The point is, Sakurai decides all, he even changes models and colours of fighters so they can fit in the Smash universe better ( TP Zelda). If he feels that the Smash universe would not benefit from having Chrom, well I believe there is no point in arguing. The only thing I can see this movement resulting in would be Sakurai ignoring the community more. He made his choice clear. Do I like Chrom? Yes. Would I buy Chrom DLC? Yes. Do I think there is a point arguing with Sakurai over his decision? No.

Also, I didnt see the trailer as "a tasteless insult to Chrom fans " but more of a smask in the face to the Gematsu leak .

Xigger

Smash Lord
It's got to be some coincidence that Robin killed Chrom (his roster slot) and yet you challenge his fate!

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
Also, I didnt see the trailer as "a tasteless insult to Chrom fans " but more of a smask in the face to the Gematsu leak .
I don't know, the portrayal of Chrom throughout the entire trailer seemed pretty tastless to me.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
It's one thing to be a Chrom supporter and be disappointed that he didn't make the cut.

It's another to be in complete denial and desperation and somehow believing there's enough chance to convince Sakurai himself he was wrong, revert a blatant deconfirmation, make his production team start the tedious process of developing a new character, replace Chrom in Robin's Final Smash, and going against his philosophy and the trailer just to accommodate for some upset Internet folk. Real Fire Emblem fans should be more than grateful that this franchise already has four representatives, more than anyone expected, with Robin and Lucina rightfully so.

But good luck I guess, it's probably a hundred times more unlikely that Chrom will get in now than what some Chrom supporters thought Robin's chances were before Gematsu's scales were tipped. And that's the cold, hard truth tea. :smash:

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
It's one thing to be a Chrom supporter and be disappointed that he didn't make the cut.

It's another to be in complete denial and desperation and somehow believing there's enough chance to convince Sakurai himself he was wrong, revert a blatant deconfirmation, make his production team start the tedious process of developing a new character, replace Chrom in Robin's Final Smash, and going against his philosophy and the trailer just to accommodate for some upset Internet folk. Real Fire Emblem fans should be more than grateful that this franchise already has four representatives, more than anyone expected, with Robin and Lucina rightfully so.

But good luck I guess, it's probably a hundred times more unlikely that Chrom will get in now than what some Chrom supporters thought Robin's chances were before Gematsu's scales were tipped. And that's the cold, hard truth tea. :smash:
Wanting more doesn't mean we aren't "real" Fire Emblem fans. It really isn't fair to make such accusations. We just want to see Chrom in because we think he would be a great addition. And just because we want more also doesn't mean that we are not content with what we have. I am personally happy with Lucina and Robin but I wanted Chrom more so I intend to stick by him still.

I don't like the argument that they would have to go through the tedious (you make it sound like a chore) process of making a character either. If they are making DLC characters, they will be making characters anyway so the process isn't a problem. In fact, it would be a bit easier with a model already present. As for replacing him, they would probably use Morgan who can easily be implemented by adjusting Robin's model.

Also, regardless of our chances at least we can say we tried. And there is no way of knowing if we can or can't change Sakurai's mind. We will never know if we don't try. If we are unable to sway his opinion, at least we showed the lengths we are willing to go to when it comes to supporting Chrom.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

This whole comment is just begging for flame wars. We are not in denial, the chances are low. But frankly, your comment is offensive, and you should leave the support forum since you don't support the character.

Enloc

Smash Cadet
Seconding MischF, I don't think it makes us lesser FE fans to want something that we like and push for it. After all, our odds are 0% if we do absolutely nothing. Even if the odds only go up to .1% as a result of showing our support for the character, it's better than doing nothing at all. And as significant as Robin is to FE:A's plot, Chrom is ostensibly the "true" main character and it just feels very strange not to have him around while two secondary or tertiary characters managed to climb in over him. Also, if they are indeed making DLC characters, Chrom would be a good place to start. He's already got a quality model they can work with (which is more than a lot of other candidates can say), the voice actor is apparently on board with the movement too so it's not like it would be hard to get hold of him, and there are plenty of FE fans who want him.

Moreover, if they made him a good enough (read: high tier) character, I'd be willing to bet even non-FE fans would consider buying his DLC/Amiibo, so I really don't think he's a lost sales opportunity.

Anyway, on topic, I've contacted a popular FE:A artist/Chrom enthusiast on Tumblr. Hopefully Tumblr didn't eat my message, as it is wont to do.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Wanting more doesn't mean we aren't "real" Fire Emblem fans. It really isn't fair to make such accusations. We just want to see Chrom in because we think he would be a great addition. And just because we want more also doesn't mean that we are not content with what we have. I am personally happy with Lucina and Robin but I wanted Chrom more so I intend to stick by him still.

I don't like the argument that they would have to go through the tedious (you make it sound like a chore) process of making a character either. If they are making DLC characters, they will be making characters anyway so the process isn't a problem. In fact, it would be a bit easier with a model already present. As for replacing him, they would probably use Morgan who can easily be implemented by adjusting Robin's model.

Also, regardless of our chances at least we can say we tried. And there is no way of knowing if we can or can't change Sakurai's mind. We will never know if we don't try. If we are unable to sway his opinion, at least we showed the lengths we are willing to go to when it comes to supporting Chrom.
Actually wanting more does mean you're not content with what you have which is why you want more, especially when you're campaigning for his addition.

Do people actually believe Sakurai's going to replace Chrom in Robin's Final Smash? A Wordpress page with some promo is totally going to make it happen.

And DLC characters are unlikely. Sakurai said himself that the work multiplies as each character is added. It makes no sense that they would invest so much more in "optional" characters. Skins are probably more likely, and thus, rendering the campaign's call for "uniqueness" for Chrom irrelevant.

I admire your passion for a character nevertheless.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
he can always go against his own philosophy. He said no more clones and made Lucina. the most cloniest of clones ever who I think should have remained a costume, since it adds nothing much. So.... Chrom is a possibility.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Seconding MischF, I don't think it makes us lesser FE fans to want something that we like and push for it. After all, our odds are 0% if we do absolutely nothing. Even if the odds only go up to .1% as a result of showing our support for the character, it's better than doing nothing at all. And as significant as Robin is to FE:A's plot, Chrom is ostensibly the "true" main character and it just feels very strange not to have him around while two secondary or tertiary characters managed to climb in over him. Also, if they are indeed making DLC characters, Chrom would be a good place to start. He's already got a quality model they can work with (which is more than a lot of other candidates can say), the voice actor is apparently on board with the movement too so it's not like it would be hard to get hold of him, and there are plenty of FE fans who want him.

Moreover, if they made him a good enough (read: high tier) character, I'd be willing to bet even non-FE fans would consider buying an Amiibo, so I really don't think he's a lost sales opportunity.

Anyway, on topic, I've contacted a popular FE:A artist/Chrom enthusiast on Tumblr. Hopefully Tumblr didn't eat my message, as it is wont to do.
This +100. If chrom never makes in as dlc, oh well. I won't boycott, I won't hate the game, and I won't rage at sakurai. But we are passionate fans who want the chance to show that passion! Chrom is a great character who could fit in, and we want to show it!
Edit: if you dislike chrom and the fan bases request, why come to his dlc support again?

Last edited:

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Actually wanting more does mean you're not content with what you have which is why you want more, especially when you're campaigning for his addition.

Do people actually believe Sakurai's going to replace Chrom in Robin's Final Smash? A Wordpress page with some promo is totally going to make it happen.

And DLC characters are unlikely. Sakurai said himself that the work multiplies as each character is added. It makes no sense that they would invest so much more in "optional" characters. Skins are probably more likely, and thus, rendering the campaign's call for "uniqueness" for Chrom irrelevant.

I admire your passion for a character nevertheless.
Being content means I am happy with what I have. Wanting more means I want to be even happier. So wanting to be even happier means I can't be happy at the moment?

And I see no reason why they can't swap Chrom out of Robin's FS. I mean they are doing something similar with the Alfonzo situation. While it is a setback, it is something to disregard.

More work does not mean we won't have any DLC. If they do have DLC, we don't even know how often that type of thing released. It could just be like 3-4 characters with some changes and bonus content every like 2 years or so. That's plenty of time to spread out character development. Also we won't know how much effort they will put into DLC until we see any, if any is released at all.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Being content means I am happy with what I have. Wanting more means I want to be even happier. So wanting to be even happier means I can't be happy at the moment?

And I see no reason why they can't swap Chrom out of Robin's FS. I mean they are doing something similar with the Alfonzo situation. While it is a setback, it is something to disregard.

More work does not mean we won't have any DLC. If they do have DLC, we don't even know how often that type of thing released. It could just be like 3-4 characters with some changes and bonus content every like 2 years or so. That's plenty of time to spread out character development. Also we won't know how much effort they will put into DLC until we see any, if any is released at all.
Another good point. I'd also like to add that this is the beginning of something that could take a very long time.

Enloc

Smash Cadet
This +100. If chrom never makes in as dlc, oh well. I won't boycott, I won't hate the game, and I won't rage at sakurai. But we are passionate fans who want the chance to show that passion! Chrom is a great character who could fit in, and we want to show it!
Edit: if you dislike chrom and the fan bases request, why come to his dlc support again?
What you said there is quite important! I won't be boycotting the game if Chrom doesn't get in. I am ecstatic to have two new FE reps and since I've been a Marth main since Melee I will probably still be maining him anyway. I just feel that after that ridiculous amount of teasing, it's rather disheartening to leave it at that. The whole trailer kept me wondering...is Chrom going to get off the floor? No? ...But wait, there's more, and he's in the fight, yayyyy! Wait, what do you mean he's just a FS? Didn't he just give us the impression Chrom would get another chance...oh, no, he didn't, false alarm. Ouch. That was cold, Sakurai.

I actually feel similar pain on behalf of Ridley fans with how long Sakurai has been stringing that one out. At least with Chrom, although the trailer was misleading and didn't explicitly tell us Chrom was out, it was over pretty quick thanks to that magazine translation. That debunked any ideas I might have had that Sakurai would go back again later and Chrom would turn out to be a secret character. I pray that Sakurai's teasing with Ridley doesn't end the same way. None of the other fanbases deserve that sinking feeling you get when you realize it was all a joke (whether it was to get at Gematsu or not, we may never know, but I hope that Sakurai is not that petty).

But yeah. We like Chrom. We want Sakurai to know it. That's all. If all of this amounts to nothing, well, I'm sure someone will mod the game eventually! Still, this might be Chrom's only legitimate, non-mod chance to get in the game, and I don't want to wait another 5+ years to be anxious about the next installment which he more than likely wouldn't appear in unless FExSMT opens some huge doors for him and he has a central role in it.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
What you said there is quite important! I won't be boycotting the game if Chrom doesn't get in. I am ecstatic to have two new FE reps and since I've been a Marth main since Melee I will probably still be maining him anyway. I just feel that after that ridiculous amount of teasing, it's rather disheartening to leave it at that. The whole trailer kept me wondering...is Chrom going to get off the floor? No? ...But wait, there's more, and he's in the fight, yayyyy! Wait, what do you mean he's just a FS? Didn't he just give us the impression Chrom would get another chance...oh, no, he didn't, false alarm. Ouch. That was cold, Sakurai.

I actually feel similar pain on behalf of Ridley fans with how long Sakurai has been stringing that one out. At least with Chrom, although the trailer was misleading and didn't explicitly tell us Chrom was out, it was over pretty quick thanks to that magazine translation. That debunked any ideas I might have had that Sakurai would go back again later and Chrom would turn out to be a secret character. I pray that Sakurai's teasing with Ridley doesn't end the same way. None of the other fanbases deserve that sinking feeling you get when you realize it was all a joke (whether it was to get at Gematsu or not, we may never know, but I hope that Sakurai is not that petty).

But yeah. We like Chrom. We want Sakurai to know it. That's all. If all of this amounts to nothing, well, I'm sure someone will mod the game eventually! Still, this might be Chrom's only legitimate, non-mod chance to get in the game, and I don't want to wait another 5+ years to be anxious about the next installment which he more than likely wouldn't appear in unless FExSMT opens some huge doors for him and he has a central role in it.
I agree with everything you just said right there! I'd also like to add that: worst case scenario= we fail, nothing happens. But the best case scenario means that there is hope for other fans as well, the potential for similar situations may increase dramatically! Fan favorites from other series may get a chance too! That is honestly one or the most exciting parts about this. In the very unlikely almost impossible chance we succeed, it opens up opportunity for other less fortunate fanbases like Ridley!

•Col•

Smash Champion
I agree with everything you just said right there! I'd also like to add that: worst case scenario= we fail, nothing happens. But the best case scenario means that there is hope for other fans as well, the potential for similar situations may increase dramatically! Fan favorites from other series may get a chance too! That is honestly one or the most exciting parts about this. In the very unlikely almost impossible chance we succeed, it opens up opportunity for other less fortunate fanbases like Ridley!
>less fortunate fanbases like Ridley

Uh bro, Ridley hasn't been deconfirmed yet. In fact with the Gematsu leak being debunked, and with all the Ridley teasing Sakurai has been doing, I think he has a really, really good shot of being playable.

Also, no, supporting a specific character for DLC really doesn't help the chances of other characters getting DLC. Not really sure how you even came up to that inclusion.

Anyway just curious.. Someone mentioned before that Chrom still has merit to get in.. I remember one of the main arguments was that Smash needs an Awakening rep. So uh, yeah. Not even trying to be offensive with this question. I really curious why people feel he still has merit for getting into Smash.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
>less fortunate fanbases like Ridley

Uh bro, Ridley hasn't been deconfirmed yet. In fact with the Gematsu leak being debunked, and with all the Ridley teasing Sakurai has been doing, I think he has a really, really good shot of being playable.

Also, no, supporting a specific character for DLC really doesn't help the chances of other characters getting DLC. Not really sure how you even came up to that inclusion.

Anyway just curious.. Someone mentioned before that Chrom still has merit to get in.. I remember one of the main arguments was that Smash needs an Awakening rep. So uh, yeah. Not even trying to be offensive with this question. I really curious why people feel he still has merit for getting into Smash.
I want Ridley in, but I'm not very optimistic on that; however I was referring to all the teasing they have to endure. I also fail to see how pushing for dlc does not result In increased chances for other characters. My point is, if somehow chrom did become dlc, it proves other characters can too. I don't don't understand how you can misinterpret that.

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion
I want Ridley in, but I'm not very optimistic on that; however I was referring to all the teasing they have to endure. I also fail to see how pushing for dlc does not result In increased chances for other characters. My point is, if somehow chrom did become dlc, it proves other characters can too. I don't don't understand how you can misinterpret that.
Because there's 2 possibilities: They are open/receptive to DLC or they aren't open/receptive to DLC.

1) They are open to DLC: Supporting a specific character for DLC doesn't increase the chances/odds for other characters to get DLC. Say for instance that Chrom actually did become a DLC character. Did supporting Chrom for DLC really increase the odds for someone like Samurai Guro also getitng DLC?

2) There are not receptive DLC: Supporting a specific character for DLC is not going to make them suddenly change their opinion, go back, and start developing DLC.

Supporting Chrom to become DLC is just that.. Supporting Chrom to become DLC.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Because there's 2 possibilities: They are open/receptive to DLC or they aren't open/receptive to DLC.

1) They are open to DLC: Supporting a specific character for DLC doesn't increase the chances/odds for other characters to get DLC. Say for instance that Chrom actually did become a DLC character. Did supporting Chrom for DLC really increase the odds for someone like Samurai Guro also getitng DLC?

2) There are not receptive DLC: Supporting a specific character for DLC is not going to make them suddenly change their opinion, go back, and start developing DLC.

Supporting Chrom to become DLC is just that.. Supporting Chrom to become DLC.
Again, by chrom somehow becoming dlc, it proves that dlc can exist! I fail to see how you don't understand this! True chrom specifically doesn't increase chance for other characters, but rather any addition would prove so. I personally want chrom, so I am supporting him. But lets said toad became dlc. That shows that other characters can also be added; thereby making a fan push for dlc a possibility.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Another good idea: Tweet to some of the Nintendo fan sites. Such as Nintendo Everything and the like, and see if they’ll give a shout out. They probably won’t, but wynut try.

Also, because of the arguing in here...These are just my recommendations:
To supporters:
As with any dlc campaign, we will get a lot of detractors. For ones saying the same thing ("He'd only be a clone"), Its really best to just ask them to read the thread and site; Anything they have against Chrom or the campaign has mostly been covered by now, especially his moveset. If they're really against the idea in this thread and bring it to a flame war level, just politely invite them to exit like Opossum does; you don't want to give supporters a bad name.

However, another important thing is that we shouldn't come of as jerks who completely hate on the 2 FE newcomers or Sakurai, especially on the website (Not that we have, just saying in advance). Robin was a character with clear potential to show off a side of FE that hasn't been represented before, and I'm sure most FE fans can understand why that's important. Lucina was a fan favorite planned as an alternate costume, but ended up getting promoted. Chrom was...made into a FS because Sakurai saw nothing in him.

The goal isn't just to show Sakurai we want him, but show he was wrong about Chrom, and consider him again if newcomer dlc becomes a thing. Because end of day, having Chrom fight alongside his daughter and greatest friend is what all of us strive to see. That is what we hope dlc can accomplish for us.

To detractors: The two post @ MischF MischF and @ Enloc Enloc made on this page (91) pretty much sum up everything a Chrom fan feels. We have our different views on Chrom, dlc, and "reps", so there's no point in arguing over it, end of day everyone can enjoy the game with or without him. If you have something against his inclusion or what we're doing, there's nothing wrong with politely saying that, but come on, don't provoke flame wars.

Let's focus our efforts.
Unrelated, but I heard that in Shulk's voice...wait, that was definitely meant on purpose :laugh:

Everyone has a different reason for that. For me, Chrom has sort of become his own kind of "Nintendo All-Star" by being the face of FEA, since anyone who's heard of his game knows exactly who he is. Saying he's the most known character from that game (until SSB4) wouldn't be a push when so many people expected him to join, and the trailer even acknowledges that. So, popularity and recognition as one.
But now one of the newest factors is that Sakurai considered him. Having Lucina and Robin didn't stop him from considering him. He's basically not happening because Sakurai didn't see something in him, which is why we attempt to convince him otherwise.

Besides...where else will we have Chrom vs Ike vs Marth? Save a lame FE:A dlc pack...

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Another good idea: Tweet to some of the Nintendo fan sites. Such as Nintendo Everything and the like, and see if they’ll give a shout out. They probably won’t, but wynut try.

Also, because of the arguing in here...These are just my recommendations:
To supporters:
As with any dlc campaign, we will get a lot of detractors. For ones saying the same thing ("He'd only be a clone"), Its really best to just ask them to read the thread and site; Anything they have against Chrom or the campaign has mostly been covered by now, especially his moveset. If they're really against the idea in this thread and bring it to a flame war level, just politely invite them to exit like Opossum does; you don't want to give supporters a bad name.

However, another important thing is that we shouldn't come of as jerks who completely hate on the 2 FE newcomers or Sakurai, especially on the website (Not that we have, just saying in advance). Robin was a character with clear potential to show off a side of FE that hasn't been represented before, and I'm sure most FE fans can understand why that's important. Lucina was a fan favorite planned as an alternate costume, but ended up getting promoted. Chrom was...made into a FS because Sakurai saw nothing in him.

The goal isn't just to show Sakurai we want him, but show he was wrong about Chrom, and consider him again if newcomer dlc becomes a thing. Because end of day, having Chrom fight alongside his daughter and greatest friend is what all of us strive to see. That is what we hope dlc can accomplish for us.

To detractors: The two post @ MischF MischF and @ Enloc Enloc made on this page (91) pretty much says everything a Chrom fan feels. We have our different views on Chrom, dlc, and "reps", so there's no point in arguing over it. If you have something against his inclusion or what we're doing, there's nothing wrong with politely saying that, but come on, don't provoke flame wars.

Unrelated, but I heard that in Shulk's voice...wait, that was definitely meant on purpose :laugh:

Everyone has a different reason for that. For me, Chrom has sort of become his own kind of "Nintendo All-Star" by being the face of FEA, since anyone who's heard of his game knows exactly who he is. Saying he's the most known character from that game (until SSB4) wouldn't be a push when so many people expected him to join, and the trailer even acknowledges that. So, popularity and recognition as one.
But now one of the newest factors is that Sakurai considered him. Having Lucina and Robin didn't stop him from considering him. He's basically not happening because Sakurai didn't see something in him, which is why we attempt to convince him otherwise.

Besides...where else will we have Chrom vs Ike vs Marth? Save a lame FE:A dlc pack...
This is a fantastic post! I'd also like to apologize for my above posts, there weren't on topic and started an argument. I left some comments for some frustrated folks at nintendo everything earlier, as well. Anyway, excellent post, and good luck to is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom