• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like you guys are going all out on this.... Who else do you plan on getting as a sponsor?!

And pending MLG event?! ooooohhhhh myyyyy goooo- *passes out*

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Wow, this is literally the one weekend this entire year I CANNOT attend a tournament. I hate my life.

Almo

Smash Ace
I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but it's more of a concern of my parents...Is New Brunswick, NJ a bad area? As in, can i check the crime rate somewhere? I know this seems totally absurd but I've never been out of state and I really want to make this tournament and have to 100% convince my parents there is nothing wrong with this area.

I mean, even for S.N.E.S. last summer, i lived 20 minutes from the venue, so i just commuted. It will be the first time i find housing for the weekend. So it's just something I need to be prepared for if they bring it up as they've used "bad area, you can't go" as an excuse before.

Any help would be appreciated, and I really look forward to attending this.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
OMFG I just realized my cousin lives LITERALLY a mile away from the venue, which means I can def get permission to go from my parents!

OMG OMG OMG OMG FIRST NATIONAL TOURNEY OMGGGGGG!!!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I will be speaking to Allisbrawl to have this become an official SWF and AIB event.

on top of that I will speak to VG bootcamp about bringing other sponsors in.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Awesome! It may indeed be possible for me to attend this since it is early August.

I hope that more info on traveling and housing will be put up soon.

:069: > Triangle.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but it's more of a concern of my parents...Is New Brunswick, NJ a bad area? As in, can i check the crime rate somewhere? I know this seems totally absurd but I've never been out of state and I really want to make this tournament and have to 100% convince my parents there is nothing wrong with this area.

I mean, even for S.N.E.S. last summer, i lived 20 minutes from the venue, so i just commuted. It will be the first time i find housing for the weekend. So it's just something I need to be prepared for if they bring it up as they've used "bad area, you can't go" as an excuse before.

Any help would be appreciated, and I really look forward to attending this.
Actually, I would need to know about this, because my mom is super overprotective and close-minded about these things. It would be a lot better to know these things for sure than to assume that it's a safe location because it's in a university.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
this area is fine its not like you are going to some ghetto place called newark. This place is in a University known for its football team and education.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
The location is safe. But it would be best to get testimonials from those who actually go to Rutgers like Yes and Keitaro. So wait until they post to answer your question correctly.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Alright I suppose I can maybe or maybe not attend this depending on school again. We shall see. If so then that's gonna be my 3rd worldwide tourney. I need to do well ****! TOP 10!!!

Almo

Smash Ace
this area is fine its not like you are going to some ghetto place called newark. This place is in a University known for its football team and education.
Alright, I was just checking because my parents are super-over protective. They wouldn't let me drive 45 minutes to a Rhode Island tournament with the logic that "I knew it's a bad area" I'm 19. Just a tad ridiculous if you ask me. This is a 4 hour drive for me. It's a different situation to say the least.

Anyway, my brother is big on sports and I'm sure he knows more about the University than anyone else in my family, so I'll talk to him. Thanks Alex, i appreciate it.

The location is safe. But it would be best to get testimonials from those who actually go to Rutgers like Yes and Keitaro. So wait until they post to answer your question correctly.
Noted.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Yea im goin to this apex...last Apex i was broke...but this apex...ima be stackin (well thats already happening but you know what i mean)

MD/VA road trip!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
omg...Rutgers university? they have that R-U-Hungry food stand that i saw on TV. good **** :laugh:

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Lol, Newark. One of the places at my job we actually have to check before setting appointments because our representatives are afraid to go there in the evening, xD.

New Brunswick is pretty safe. Asking someone else with much more experience than myself...it's not bad. Just stay away from Perth Amboy.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
if i can get $70(if i get a teammate(s)), housing, and a ride il be here.

il start saving money like now. bumming a ride in about a month, and looking for a smasher cool enough to house me whenever ^_^

missed apex 09 and not gonna miss this

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Unfortunately a little bit before I go back to college, but I still might be able to make this. Will see about that in the near future...

btw who from Japan and Mexico do we think will attend? Just kind of curious, would be pretty awesome to see so many countries represent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom