• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 Official Video Thread - feat Shiz Armada Lucky Axe Wobbles Kage and more!

AXE 09

Smash Master
I love how all of the commentator's voices were shot by day 3 lol. Poor guys. We all still love you though!
Especially the twins =D

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
It's a common misconception that the lack of recording at national tourneys is to be blamed on the number of TVs or recording setups. Not true at all. The only way to ensure that matches are saved for YouTube is for the TOs to be on the same page as the recorders. Genesis and Pound 4 are easily the two most well-documented nationals ever. Why were they so successful at this? Because the TOs went out of their way to not only isolate big matches, but also enforce having them played on recording setups and coordinate with recorders who were willing to put in effort. DBR did this with Waffles, Plank did this with AJP and I. No offense, but based on my experience at the nationals, Alukard and Alex aren't as good at this as some other hosts are, and it shows with the modest number of YouTube vids from RoM and APEX compared to the number produced from Genesis and Pound 4. Telling top players to "try to have your match recorded" is NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Letting top players sit and watch the livestream instead of playing out their matches is NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Coordinating match calling with recording is something every TO can definitely work on. You might only have 3 recording setups at a national, but coordinate well and you'll still get a ton of matches saved for YouTube.

Cliffnotes:
1) Employ media staff who are actually willing to put in effort to record and upload.
2) Establish a clear rundown of who is responsible for major recording setups.
3) Employ TOs who actually enforce big matches to be played on big setups.
4) Prohibit friendlies on big setups; it deters top players from choosing those locations to play out their matches.
5) Stop trying to schedule every single important match for the livestream; it doesn't work.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
jugglebro is right

also i have a zillion friendlies does anyone care about them

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
This is why we(VG) wanted the pools made before the tournament. So we could have all of the live stream matches planned out.(Have one every 15 minutes). So then Alex could've posted the pools with who's supposed to be on the live stream at what time. This also means the TO needs to have a fixed schedule and run the tournament super smoothly so the live stream and video recorders can follow suit.

Since the TO is the foundation of the tournament, if things aren't run on time or smoothly it effects every other aspect of the tournament including live stream and recording.

Good stuff Juggle Guy

Vegard

Smash Lord
It's a common misconception that the lack of recording at national tourneys is to be blamed on the number of TVs or recording setups. Not true at all. The only way to ensure that matches are saved for YouTube is for the TOs to be on the same page as the recorders. Genesis and Pound 4 are easily the two most well-documented nationals ever. Why were they so successful at this? Because the TOs went out of their way to not only isolate big matches, but also enforce having them played on recording setups and coordinate with recorders who were willing to put in effort. DBR did this with Waffles, Plank did this with AJP and I. No offense, but based on my experience at the nationals, Alukard and Alex aren't as good at this as some other hosts are, and it shows with the modest number of YouTube vids from RoM and APEX compared to the number produced from Genesis and Pound 4. Telling top players to "try to have your match recorded" is NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Letting top players sit and watch the livestream instead of playing out their matches is NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Coordinating match calling with recording is something every TO can definitely work on. You might only have 3 recording setups at a national, but coordinate well and you'll still get a ton of matches saved for YouTube.

Cliffnotes:
1) Employ media staff who are actually willing to put in effort to record and upload.
2) Establish a clear rundown of who is responsible for major recording setups.
3) Employ TOs who actually enforce big matches to be played on big setups.
4) Prohibit friendlies on big setups; it deters top players from choosing those locations to play out their matches.
5) Stop trying to schedule every single important match for the livestream; it doesn't work.

I was looking for the like button, but recognized it wasn't Facebook

SleepyK: What players? If you got any of Shiz, would you mind?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Rob, I almost wanna post that in tourney discussion lol.

Unless you already did which would make me look like a complete idiot lol.

+rep for awesome post

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lmfao that interview with ally and holynightmare was HILARIOUS

lmfaooooo

dashiz and hbox are hella tight people. Mango seems like a douche. lol

Brian

Smash Journeyman
im not sure what people expected from mango. take a punkass teenager and make them the best in the world at something. see what happens to his ego!

[to be really straight forward though, mango is cool and always has been to me.
i remember first meeting him at west coast smash league (december of 2008) and he was really good with all the 'scrubs' and 'randoms'. he had an understanding of how to build community and was a really positive force in the west coast scene. now that he doesn't care about the game (and, ostensibly, the community) anymore, he may act like an *******, but (to be completely frank) i'd rather go to a tournament and see "douche" mango than no mango at all.]

{i apologize for all the commas and parenthesis}

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i have no idea who most of the friendly matches are as i haven't watched any of them. I think i have some hax, some cactuar, and some axe if i'm not mistaken...

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
+1000 for Zant being a recording setup/recorder for whatever big tournies. Guy gets stuff up really quick.

And nah Mango seems really tight, I wanna meet him =(

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
so are there any doubles finals vids that aren't livestream?

i hate livesteam =(
Yeah they're all up in high quality

so...how about the rest of those interviews vgbc?
I started uploading the rest of them last night when I realized that for some reason they had no sound on Youtube. The videos did have sound when I played them on my computer though. I'll be working on them tonight after work.

I thinking of deleting my camera recorded videos, the crew battles and the top 8 1v1's. VGBC has them in much better quality since it's direct feed and I don't think much of anyone watches crowd reactions videos.

Any objections?

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I thinking of deleting my camera recorded videos, the crew battles and the top 8 1v1's. VGBC has them in much better quality since it's direct feed and I don't think much of anyone watches crowd reactions videos.

Any objections?
I use them for hype videos.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman

Any objections?
I for one much prefer cam vids over direct capture, as they're not doing any harm leave them there I say

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Hey GIMR, were is the armada aniolas interview from apex? you put up fluffy wuffy and M2K's folly (plus a crapton of brawl players), why not put those two up?
This .

Edit: Never mind it's up.

=D

Top Bottom