• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
That was wayyyy too long. See, i missed the first part and had to go through ALL of it just to read it, but I wasn't expecting it, and missed it AGAIN, and had to go through the whole process again just to see it. Bah! :-P

In any case, I heavily agree with Tesh. Videos ASAP for this would make me happppppppyyyyy!

What's The Point

Smash Master
yay @ 3rd seed when the other random Mr. Eric gets a 3rd seed as well?! come on..
Cable, Shadow, Ikon. Super shakes my head.
There are 80 pools. The difference between first seed #1 and first seed #80 is pretty big. Same with 2nd seeds, though quite a bit of those are defaulted international players.

I'm trying to determine the hardest pool, but it's a bit iffy. However, easiest pool?

Pool 78
iKon
4GOD
D-Torr
Bris

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh god, better start practicing

@Azen, I know you won't ever read this, but I'm totally preemptively taking the blame for us sucking **** in teams/

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I'm actually pretty surprised Azen and Chillin didn't team, I just now noticed that.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Alright, Mexico will be arriving in New York sometime tomorrow around 1pm or 2pm! They are gonna go sight seeing there for two days then head out to Jersey on Thursday! Exciting stuff!

Patches

Smash Master
Mink, if you want. I'll play you Friday at the hotel to help you with the GaW match up. (:

Also, as the pools are now, are they in seeded order? Like. I'm second in my pool, does that mean I'm considered 2nd seed?

:phone:

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I think he's randomly funny since he's always so confused :3

:017:
Confused about what? And that's ''she'' not ''he''. Thought I'd post this again since no one probably saw this last night.

I get that the staff probably won't want to change anything now. But I think having USA VS WORLD Exhibition is a bad idea so early in the tournament.. I just think it's going to be really disheartening to all the foreign players (who are already pretty sure they are going to lose the crew battle) to lose in front of the entire Apex audience. It would be demoralizing and they perform worst in the actually tourney because of it.

Crews are often done after the tournament(or right before top 8) to avoid this. If you remember the 5 on 5 exhibition matches at Canada-Cup they finished it after the tournament was done. This is even worse because unlike the Street Fighter community(who still usually do crews really late in the tournament) the foreign players aren't expected to win everything. Anyway we can change the exhibition to right before top 8 or after the bracket?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
New ROB metagame: Instead of picking ROB at the start, pick Meta Knight
valid until January 9th

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So the wedding I'm going to was originally Saturday but got moved to Friday this week, and it just hit me that in theory I could fly out for day 2.

What's the nearest airport to the venue? I'd be flying out of New Orleans.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Man it's been years since I have been to a Smash National (excluding MLG) but holy **** am I excited! Late night diner partying is required. Damn Straight.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Just looked up prices. It'd be over $800 for me to fly there alone. :/

steep

Smash Lord
Pool 74

Illmatic - Peach
KassandraNova - MK/Peach
Darc - MK
me - Mario… :(
FGCU Megalodon - idk

Any advice? inb4pickabettercharacter

Also, I don't know much about Darc and idk who the FGCU guy is.

EDIT: I still am planning on getting out. I think I can do it… it's gonna be hard though! Let's a go!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
For anybody that doesnt know:

FGCU is a college in Florida that gave 6 scrubs, 1 below average, and 1 mediocre player THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS to come to this tournament.

Viper is the mediocre one
Megalodon is the below average.
The other six are atms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom