• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
diem was, not Nietono lol

I don't know if Mr. R and Nietono played each other yet
eh... ok :S

I'm so hyped for this tournament, and I cant even go D;
But watching Stream all day long will be fun too :)
I have a small Brawl session at my home as well (6-7 people :p), while watching Apex stream at the same time ^-^
Next weekend will be sooo great =D This whole week will be sooo great :D

clowsui

Smash Legend
Apex attendees should ready their Ki for Larry so that he can defend himself and the nation from the Japanese.

#spiritbomb

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Timezones! How many hours is 4am from you XDDD? (8:30am here)

Could you plz link me your YT channel :)

Oh and I know all them characters, to be clearly, I only wanted to know if Kakera is playing ics or mk :p

@Bionic: You mean Nietono was disappointed with Mr-R, or diem?
Sure, here's my channel for now and please subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/user/Rurounikeitaro?feature=mhee

Vids should be up around 4:15 aka an hour and a half.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
if i make it to the bracket ill get metaknight tattood on me(you can quote me on this)...so after this tourney ill either be 1.free 2.stupid

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
if i make it to the bracket ill get metaknight tattood on me(you can quote me on this)...so after this tourney ill either be 1.free 2.stupid
I QUOTED YOU ON THIS NOW!!!

This deserves an own thread (when the tattoo is actually done)

@Keitaro: Thx and subscribed ;)

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
yay @ 3rd seed when the other random Mr. Eric gets a 3rd seed as well?! come on..

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Hmm.....I get that the staff probably won't want to change anything now. But I think having USA VS WORLD Exhibition is a bad idea so early in the tournament.. I just think it's going to be really disheartening to all the foreign players (who are already pretty sure they are going to lose the crew battle) to lose in front of the entire Apex audience. It would be demoralizing and they perform worst in the actually tourney because of it.

Crews are often done after the tournament(or right before top 8) to avoid this. This is even worse because unlike the Street Fighter community(who still usually do crews really late in the tournament) the foreign players aren't expected to win everything.

M@v

Subarashii!
On the topic of youtube channels, I will be one of the people recording bracket matches for brawl at apex, among other things. My channel is TgsMaverick. Subscribe people!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
how about the others.

Nietono etc.

Well if Nitetono is as good as Brood or better as it seems he is, I predict a possible win for him. Just depends on who he faces/if DEHF is somehow knocked to loser's early

stingers

Smash Obsessed
does he spam that wb gyro cancel to bair thing? Its hard lol...but yeah...being that close to holys still very impressive o.o can't wait to play him =D

And koro most people have been saying nietono is godlike and may very well win the tournament

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hmm.....I get that the staff probably won't want to change anything now. But I think having USA VS WORLD Exhibition is a bad idea so early in the tournament.. I just think it's going to be really disheartening to all the foreign players (who are already pretty sure they are going to lose the crew battle) to lose in front of the entire Apex audience. It would be demoralizing and they perform worst in the actually tourney because of it.

Crews are often done after the tournament(or right before top 8) to avoid this. This is even worse because unlike the Street Fighter community(who still usually do crews really late in the tournament) the foreign players aren't expected to win everything.
LOL, who are you to say it's going to be demoralizing. All I want is epic battles, win or lose won't affect me in the least.. Anyways you are not a pro player so you wouldn't understand this.

Keitaro

Rain is still very good. Haven't played him tonight though for some reason.

Kakera has the most IC tricks by far. Never seen so much desync bull****. He's very patient and is perfect at platform canceling so good luck if you play him on smashville. He never charges upsmash after he's done cging cause all the Japanese can break out of grabs VERY quickly. Ikon was cging Otori and did a very small charged upsmash while Otori was at 145% and Otori broke out. Swear it was less than 1/5 a second, so damn fast lol. Kakera is getting top 8.

Otori is very good for a MK. Very fast, reminds me of Nairo with his speed. He rarely ever leaves himself open and likes to start combos with short hop up air from the ground. His playstyle is very weird though since he learned MK in Japan. He's very good but he will still have a tough time since he's MK and US knows all about that. But he's NOT losing to anyone but a very high top player imo. He will probably get top 16 at least.

Nietono was the best there imo. His reads, his bs Olimar tricks, his untouchable defense, his aggressiveness, he's got it all. Both Bleachigo and I think he's better than Dabuz and Brood and he will get top 5 at least although I surely think he can win it. Wouldn't guarantee it though cause there's 400 freaking smashers here lol, no one is guaranteed first.

Ocean is pretty good. I think he can make bracket. Others had a hard time with him but I went even, mainly cause it was Falco vs ROB though. His ROB will catch people off guard.

Also the Japanese themselves all said Nietono and 9B are even in skill. They said after those two its a mix up between Kakera, Otori, SLS, and Brood. Rain is close behind with Kuroobi and some others they mentioned. Can't understand them half the time.

Keitaro

None of them speak decent English.

They understand 3 words:

Food
Thank you
Money Match

They are very nice though as expected and apparently Otori is the guy they make fun of consistently calling him Baka all the time. Its all joking though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The correct translation is "ching chong ming wong bing wong"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom