• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 | CHECK OP FOR EVENT BRACKETS/POOLS | EVO 2012 QUALIFIER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@v

Subarashii!
You shouldn't choose not to go because of just 1 person. This is going to be an amazing tournament either way.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Well I usually don't enter nationals. It's just more of an incentive to go I guess if were to drop $100+ or so getting here. Every1 has their reasons.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
You shouldn't choose not to go because of just 1 person. This is going to be an amazing tournament either way.
quoted for incredible truth
when i get my debit card sorted out (again, got mugged and it got stolen. stupid muggers dont realise you need a pin) ill sign up. should be soon ^^

Heartstring

Smash Legend
nono, i have to get my debit card sorted out again. only mugged once

i finish work at like, 2am when the pub closes, i then have to walk home at the same time as all of the dodgy/drunk people are. seeing as there was abotu 3 of them asking for whatever waqs in my pockets i figured it wasnt a great idea to resist XD

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Okay, a word of question.

In the realm of Pokémon, "illegal" tends to mean pokemon with extra EVs, moves they shouldn't learn, etc, but they can still be hacked into a game with like AR or w/e.

Now, "A hack check may be ran on anyone’s team if there is suspicion of them using illegal Pokemon." When you say illegal, are you using the above definition, or the "hacked in any way whatsoever" definition? Kinda important, I need to know whether I have to RNG or can just pokegen.

Also is registration at the door?
I never got an answer. Alex/whoever's sorting out the pokemon stuff, kinda important

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yes but the rules are unclear.

*EDIT*
Okay, a word of question.

In the realm of Pokémon, "illegal" tends to mean pokemon with extra EVs, moves they shouldn't learn, etc, but they can still be hacked into a game with like AR or w/e.

Now, "A hack check may be ran on anyone’s team if there is suspicion of them using illegal Pokemon." When you say illegal, are you using the above definition, or the "hacked in any way whatsoever" definition? Kinda important, I need to know whether I have to RNG or can just pokegen.

Also is registration at the door?
Alex said to PM you since you're running it.

Also if it's alright with you I'll throw your response in the Apex thread. Or you could just post there.[/QUOTE]
illegal as in moves and stats
but you're not allowed to play on a flash card direcly[/QUOTE]

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Y'know, it just occurred to me we're not team-locked.

brb building tons of teams to be a barrier against team scouting.

ALbOArBaN

Smash Cadet
Will anyone be able to pick me up from Staten Island, NY for this? I live like 25-30 minutes away from Rutgers and I need a ride to this. I'll pay like $20 for gas. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee.
(I don't think Shadow has an open spot with whoever he is going with)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
lmao, the game is only like... $50.

Okay I suppose that is a decent amount.

You could try checking craigslist and such.

I actually was forced to buy a legit copy for regular VGC anyways (and the fact that I would have anyways, so yeah).

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think from GA/AL we're bringing Player-1, Player-3, Kaptain, Abdul, HeroChima, Reflex, Billy, Kismet, Flea, Micaelis, DRN, BigLou, and Scatz AFAIK, we're taking lives.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I think from GA/AL we're bringing Player-1, Player-3, Kaptain, Abdul, HeroChima, Reflex, Billy, Kismet, Flea, Micaelis, DRN, BigLou, and Scatz AFAIK, we're taking lives.
I would like money matches with all of these people.

Kaptain first because I have a grudge against DDDs:mad:

Hack

Smash Journeyman
I just booked my plane tickets! =D Guess you could say I'm pretty much CONFIRRRRRMED!!
Can't wait to play everyone <3
Oh, anyone interested in teaming? I can play pretty much any character you want me to, including Kirby ;)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I just booked my plane tickets! =D Guess you could say I'm pretty much CONFIRRRRRMED!!
Oh, anyone interested in teaming? I can play pretty much any character you want me to, including Kirby ;)
This tournament just got more hype.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
this **** just got

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom