• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

The Star King

Smash Hero
Nobody watches your channel because you don't have new uploaded videos to watch you twerp. And the solution is sitting in your hands. 10 million solutions, apparently.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
^^that's how you get views. Just title all your videos "Player X vs. Player Y (not Isai)" you would get +thousands of views

SSBPete

Smash Lord
STAR KING! you know everything

not really

anyway i have a theory that people who upload matches are people who watch matches. that's why my combos get about 5 times the amount of views as my matches. it explains why i watch almost all of TANK and ballins matches and it explains why most of the yt comments i get on matches are from people who also upload them

:phone:

Sangoku

Smash Master
I watch all the matches of your channels (pete, TANK, ballin, etc.) and I can't really say I'm myself an uploader.

I would obviously watch if you upload new matches ballin, thing is you almost never do.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Maybe that's true. I don't really watch most matches. But I watch everyone's combos. All of them (I'm not much of a YouTube commenter but it's true).

What I do watch is 12 character battles, later bracket matches of significant tournaments, commentated matches, myself the few times I've been uploaded, matches reputed to be awesome for some reason (like that one Capitan Tavo match), clashes between megapwn players like Isai and Boomfan, if someone travels to another region like Isai to Japan/Peru, and sometimes Ricky's matches because I like the matches he uploads I guess.

I think Battlecow watches everything, though, and he doesn't upload.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
maybe im wrong

i watch pretty much everything and remember almost every players perks, play styles and combos. for example i know star king uses falcon up-b to land on the top platform of dreamland and slides off with a fastfall nair and often works as a really good mind game. he also uses it to catch foxs recovery in its start up phase and has an overall fast and very good falcon.

i over analyse everything

i think i have ocd

Battlecow

Play to Win
I watch everything that involves two good/decent players. Prolly wouldn't watch vids of thegreginator stomping on a norcal random or whatever. Might skip to the end if matches are getting up into 9 minute territory and I'm not especially interested in the outcome.

Oh, and I might come to Apex.

The Star King

Smash Hero
maybe im wrong

i watch pretty much everything and remember almost every players perks, play styles and combos. for example i know star king uses falcon up-b to land on the top platform of dreamland and slides off with a fastfall nair and often works as a really good mind game. he also uses it to catch foxs recovery in its start up phase and has an overall fast and very good falcon.

i over analyse everything

i think i have ocd

Thanks but I think I would only do the up-b thing if I'm fooling around lol

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
^^as long as you register, you can play. The only qualifiers are for brawl/melee but that is only so you are seeded higher (basically, if you do well at one of the tournaments that has Apex seeding points, you have a higher chance of making it out of pools.)

The only thing that affects Smash 64 seeding is not pairing known good people early (Like Boom vs Isai 2nd/3rd/4th round or Sensei vs Nintendude etc.)

Oh yeah, you have to pay an entry fee for both the tournament itself and the games though. You will have to pre-register (99% sure of this)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to go to this anymore :( . I'm coaching high school bball in the winter and that's not something I can likely leave for a few days. However, if I do come I'll be driving and I could probably pick you up Shears. Just.... don't count on it

Shears

Smash Master
unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to go to this anymore :( . I'm coaching high school bball in the winter and that's not something I can likely leave for a few days. However, if I do come I'll be driving and I could probably pick you up Shears. Just.... don't count on it
well it is 6 months away. so i might try and get a car by then. just let me know whats up when its around the corner

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
If you guys have one Smash event that you can go to in one year this would have to be it. I'm saveing money for this.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
im going to new jersey early august, any chance apex can get pushed up to then? :)

we can call it apex 2012.5
Hey man, if you're still in NJ and wanna play let me know. I have a couple other guys I can call up and we can have a bit of a smashfest if you want. It certainly won't be Apex, but it should be fun nonetheless.

Also, yeah, I'm definitely going to Apex 2013.

The Real Sykes

Smash Apprentice
megavolt are you really from NJ, ive been wanting to play some people in the area on console. i know im new here but im in the local area

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah man, I live in New Brunswick and I've got a console setup on a CRT TV. I'll PM you my number.

Top Bottom