• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^Yeah. Was thinking that.

EDIT: Is registration even open? Didn't see it. Maybe we should wait a bit...

But I still wanna know now lol.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
cool

64 player cap again, wonder how quick this will fill up this time!

pidgezero_one has a Kirby on the little thing under the avatars.

Olikus

Smash Champion
why isnt there more than 64 spots this time? when it got overfull last time and more interest this year -___-

Battlecow

Play to Win
yeah, pretty ****ed up that our premier event has a player cap

Hope it doesn't fill up before we can get our foreign player sitch figured out.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
yeah, pretty ****ed up that our premier event has a player cap

Hope it doesn't fill up before we can get our foreign player sitch figured out.
Strife is chill. If the player fund is serious then someone should contact him and ask if he could leave some spots open. Not any of the pol who pissed him off last year though, he would have good reason not to be receptive to them

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
yeah I don't have a problem with strife so much as with the fact that we're a pretty minor side event at our annual big thing

if 64 isn't a priority you're gonna run into all sorts of problems, the player cap being just the most initially obnoxious

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
64 player cap? What the actual ****. We have had more than enough setups and time for more than 64 cap at last Apex.

Looks like I have to ***** to Alex Strife a bit.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
OK every one message Alex Strife about this dumb cap. We dont need one and we where fine the last time. Not only this but there are players flying down to only play this game. If there was a cap it should be somewhere up in the 100s if even that. UPDATED OP with info on registration and added a registration list of players who are signed up.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I don't think we should spam him... let's see what he says and then try to put something together

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Yea guys 1 rep should talk to him. 64 is not a priority at apex for him, so don't bother him so much that he gets pissed. I'd do it myself but I'm not going... so go go boom.

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
Is Funk still gonna have a donation thing to get the best players from Japan here for this? I'd happily donate some to it.

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^lol

No Sykes, only 4 people have registered. So there are still 60 spots open. But I suggest you do it as soon as you can, because those spots WILL fill up.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
If 64 people have registered within a month, surely the cap will be lifted.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Battlecow you could tell Alex Strife that you won FC and you're the Midwest CHAMP, surely he'll let you in

Battlecow

Play to Win
I might have to beg for a reservaton if this **** starts filling up

ugh, just lift the ****ing cap

B Link

Smash Lord
Do a lot of players play other ssb games on the side?

It might get frustrating to play a tourney when people have OTHER priorities (i.e. they come late to their matches)

TANK64

Smash Lord
@B Link, yea most smashers play several other fighting games, and will enter events in multiple smash games. Rarely people will only play one smash game.

That being said, I can play all the games competitively, but will only be entering 64. /serious player 8)

Speaking of which, There IS gonna be 64 teams RIGHT? There wasn't an option for it in registration, so I just assumed peeps would just arrange and figure it out at the tournament (depending on time left?) .

TANK64

Smash Lord
I don't think most smashers play several other fighting games lol
Ones in FL do :p (and that's a lot)

Yea.

Well, well not just FL.

Yea, I'm gonna have to go with you're wrong on this one lol.

I was going to make a side note that 64 players probably have the highest number of dedicated "exclusive players" by percent but didn't think it was necessary >__>

Also, you came in on the online train, and I'm guessing that most of them are the dedicated smashers that you mean. Maybe 'cause they usually don't go to tournaments? ( yes, I know you do). Young gen probably didn't grow up with the old school fighters that started before smash, so I think that's pretty influential also.

Not that I play video games. I think I can vouch for other older peeps when I say I don't have time to play a bunch of games due to school/work/social life, so I've slowly filtered out virtually every game (even Melee) except 64.

Who has time to play all fighting games and smash games?

High-schoolers?

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Not that I play video games. I think I can vouch for other older peeps when I say I don't have time to play a bunch of games due to school/work/social life, so I've slowly filtered out virtually every game (even Melee) except 64.
Yeah I've been waiting to play Dragon Age Origins for months now. I just know it's gonna be a big time commitment so I keep putting it off.

Top Bottom