• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17-19, 2014 - Somerset, NJ

Skyfire

Smash Rookie
so whats the deal with the striking system now that hyrules gone? dreamland start then counterpicks?

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
also, as long as we're moving in this direction, i'd like to ask you TOs to also consider banning castle. i don't think it's as big of an issue as hyrule, but in retrospect it does make pikachu a lot better because it makes all the other characters worse (recovery-wise). DL and congo only would be great for apex 2014 imo.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
also, as long as we're moving in this direction, i'd like to ask you TOs to also consider banning castle. i don't think it's as big of an issue as hyrule, but in retrospect it does make pikachu a lot better because it makes all the other characters worse (recovery-wise). DL and congo only would be great for apex 2014 imo.
I agree, a legal Peaches Castle really weakens Falcon's potency against Pikachu.

At the very least it should be a counterpick, but banned would be better.

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
There has to be some variety.
why?

even regardless, there would be variety. congo and DL is 2 stages. it doesn't have to be like melee and shouldn't be like melee. it's a game from 1998 with 9 stages compared to melee's 29 stages or w/e. we're lucky that we even have 2 competitively viable stages

Maliki

Smash Ace
why?

even regardless, there would be variety. congo and DL is 2 stages. it doesn't have to be like melee and shouldn't be like melee. it's a game from 1998 with 9 stages compared to melee's 29 stages or w/e. we're lucky that we even have 2 competitively viable stages
In my opinion its funner to have the options of different stages and i like the idea of striking. I think the amount of only two stages is weird how would you strike. I think that if anything that they should make one stage legal if they ever had to,

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion its funner to have the options of different stages and i like the idea of striking. I think the amount of only two stages is weird how would you strike. I think that if anything that they should make one stage legal if they ever had to,
well, it might be more fun but this is discussion for tournament play - where money/pride are on the line. everything should be kept as fair as possible.

i would actually agree that only one stage should be legal as it would make things such as striking and banning easier to figure out for the sake of tournament organization, but i don't really have a problem with congo and i'm sure there would be (more) outrage if apex was DL only.

i'm also not sure how they could set it up with 2 stages, but i don't think it's impossible... coin flip? DL first, then loser can counterpick to congo?

Maliki

Smash Ace
We are getting off topic. What happens happens. Does anybody happen to know the actual ruleset for Apex 2014?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Well this news is interesting, wait I knew this

Also, get used to seeing 50,000 more Pikachu's and Kirby's.

Also, Fox goes in B tier now.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Stupid. One or two TO's making decisions for everyone AGAIN. Very consistent theme in this community lately. Incredibly lame.

Yes there are some very vocal people on here about their hatred for hyrule. That probably makes it seem like the community is all for banning hyrule...

But we've had a bunch of polls about banning hyrule, one as recent as a couple months ago and NONE of them ever end up in favor of banning it.

Seriously if you make Apex 4 stock instead of 5, after a huge community majority for 5, I'm gonna rage.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
By the way, I think it should be disclosed who are the TOs and what was the method you guys used to reach the conclusion (if votes, then who's for what). I have a feeling that vague post is all we're gonna get, and that doesn't seem right.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I won't be the first.

Battlecow (Falcon)
Kero (Ness)
Yobo (Ness)
Sensei (Fox)
Nintendude (Mario)

They all abandoned their mains for a clearly superior character.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
It shall happen to everyone
We shall become the brawl scene
and MK will be banned...
oh wait, we have 2 characters to ban

Top Bottom