• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17-19, 2014 - Somerset, NJ

Battlecow

Play to Win
I felt a great disturbance in the force

as if a thousand wrongs were righted and the world suddenly flew into its proper orbit

I couldn't help but be drawn to smashboards like a moth to a flame

I couldn't believe it

But it is so

Oh that I should live to see this day

mixa

Banned via Warnings
what with this being protective of media stuff

not surprising copyright is like grandchildren lifetime + 1000 light years

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
lol you guys fox is still extremely good on dreamland. is it going to take top level players to show you that? less skilled foxes without a good punish game will probably get dominated, but i can assure you that that's not the case with the best foxes out there.

that's a good thing though, i think. it'll weed out the bad players and force them to improve instead of relying on going to hyrule.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
I won't be the first.

Battlecow (Falcon)
Kero (Ness)
Yobo (Ness)
Sensei (Fox)
Nintendude (Mario)

They all abandoned their mains for a clearly superior character.
stick to your GUNS solo

sacrificing who you enjoy for sake of placement/easier character matchups is NOT GOOD

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
So what's the procedure now? We don't have 3 neutrals. Is it going to be Dreamland first with PC and Congo as CPs?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
inb4 Isai doesn't go because Hyrule is banned

(He likes that stage.)

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
I won't be the first.

Battlecow (Falcon)
Kero (Ness)
Yobo (Ness)
Sensei (Fox)
Nintendude (Mario)

They all abandoned their mains for a clearly superior character.
Woah woah woah.

I don't know Yobo's situation, and I can understand one labeling the bovine and I as pika mains. But by no means have Sensei and Nintendude abandoned their mains.

Going pika a handful of times in tourney doesn't make you a pika main. They both deserve more credit than that.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
out of guilt person x is discrediting everyone else so his betrayal will go smoothly.

that's expected.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't even get Han Solo's point was supposed to be with that post. Those were before the Hyrule ban. I guess mixa is right.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
It took Hyrule being banned for me to see the light, SK. The others I mentioned were already enlightened.

mixa, I'm not discrediting anyone. If their goal is to win, they all made the smart choice. Why play a character on a stage as small as Dreamland where one throw off stage is a stock when you can play a character full of second chances?

Yobolight

Smash Lord
It took Hyrule being banned for me to see the light, SK. The others I mentioned were already enlightened.

mixa, I'm not discrediting anyone. If their goal is to win, they all made the smart choice. Why play a character on a stage as small as Dreamland where one throw off stage is a stock when you can play a character full of second chances?
I agree that Pikachu is the most choke-proof character in the game, but I still think Fox has the best neutral game and is far from non-viable on Dreamland as long as the player isn't a choker and has his combos down, can read his opponent well, and good DI.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Wow, no Hyrule!

I third the wanting to know which TOs/how it was decided. I want their exact reasoning, as it may lead to more questions.

I also second wanting to know if it is start on Dreamland only then Castle/Congo for CPs.

Then, I want to make a new matchup and tier list thread for Hyrule banned :troll:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm pissed at hyrule being banned.

But it works out in my favor. Gonna pwn you scrubs even harder now.

Yes Fox still ***** on dreamland.

B Link

Smash Lord
I think that Fox sucks balls on dreamland. I guess he's not lower-middle/bottom tier but that drop against Kirby/Pikachu is undeniable.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Come on guys. It sucks that Hyrule is banned, but just go. Don't pull a jel and kefit here... though you should make a rule that forces Isai to play all of his matches on Hyrule and everyone has to play Kirby against him so that he can teach you how to play the machup and stop complaining about m2k.

**** it, I actually hope M2K takes this if he has time to play. YEAR OF THE KIRBY. YEAR OF THE FIREBLASTER RAGE. YEAR OF THE ROBOT

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Come on guys. It sucks that Hyrule is banned, but just go. Don't pull a jel and kefit here... though you should make a rule that forces Isai to play all of his matches on Hyrule and everyone has to play Kirby against him so that he can teach you how to play the machup and stop complaining about m2k.

**** it, I actually hope M2K takes this if he has time to play. YEAR OF THE KIRBY. YEAR OF THE FIREBLASTER RAGE. YEAR OF THE ROBOT
What the hell does this have to do with me

Top Bottom