• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching with a Ganon... In need of help.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Toecutter, you really need to turn on your sarcasm detector as I was taking this thread in a very light manner, you can be a little $!!$ if you want to but I'm not about to agrue with you over your opinions.

I like linguini and renth for the reason they backed me up on my opinions with ganon in the marth boards, so shut up about me riding coat-tails, I'm fooling around.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Toe cutter your name does give some ppl an impresion that your a troll.
How so? This name was taken from the 1979 Film "Mad Max". Knowledgeable people know...

Toecutter, you really need to turn on your sarcasm detector as I was taking this thread in a very light manner
I'm not the one who needs lessons in taking sarcasm

gggggggggggggggggggggggggnorrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee

MetaKnightmare

Smash Journeyman
Haunting your dreams, looking for cookies
i usually play w/ friends of mine at a bit higher skill level than me, one plays as fox/marth, the other as bowser (note: hes pretty skilled with bowzah), and playing the shortest time on ganon than they did on their characters, i am able to hold my ground and win occasionaly.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I realize you have won tournaments, but even you have to agree, you wouldn't really have a "good chance" at winning MAJOR tourneys like FC, OC, or MLG tourneys. Definitely not if you went all Ganon (though I know you don't/wouldn't). I respect you.
This is the only thing I have any response to. I would never doubt my ability to perform on a mass scale. Just because I haven't been to a major tournament doesn't mean I wouldn't have a chance there. I don't know at this point. I would have more than likely taken Linguini's place as Ganon on the FC South Team had I gone to FC. So it's more, to me, about what I go to and not what I've been to. Just because no one's done it doesn't make it out of reach.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
edit: bluedeath, not really arguing with you, considering you have never had any valid points, and simply ride other people's coattails.

That wasn't sarcasm on your part, don't even play that off.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I didn't say that was. That part is true.

All you do is fail at arguing, until someone who's more respected than you comes along, and then you say "Thats my point OMG <3<3" or "OMG thats what i was thinking".

Clearly, you have no valid points ever, you simply disagree with someone or something, and then when someone has an informed argument against that someone or something you hop on the bandwagon and ride the taillllllllls.

true, and I wasn't referring to that as the sarcastic part, lrn 2 comprehend what u read kthx

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
You should be a lawyer Toecutter. You are very good at arguing your point ( and hurting feelings :D ).

Anyway, back to approach methods.
Rather than finding a way to approach, why don't you try to get the opponent to approach you in a desired way? For example, against another Ganon, stand patiently and wait for them to approach with an Fair, and instead of shield grabbing, dash away and pivot a side-B. Next, depending on their percentage, you can combo with a Bair (easiest) or a Dair (combo continuing).

Vashima

Smash Rookie
You should be a lawyer Toecutter. You are very good at arguing your point ( and hurting feelings :D ).

Anyway, back to approach methods.
Rather than finding a way to approach, why don't you try to get the opponent to approach you in a desired way? For example, against another Ganon, stand patiently and wait for them to approach with an Fair, and instead of shield grabbing, dash away and pivot a side-B. Next, depending on their percentage, you can combo with a Bair (easiest) or a Dair (combo continuing).
Thank you with the advice, I'll take that into cosideration.

I'm starting to feel bad for even posting this thread in the beginning.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
to be real any character can own, i thought jiggly would be a waste but then i saw killa or, thought pichu was ******** then i saw chu play him/her.
This man speaks the truth, a player with good mindgames owns no matter what character he plays. There is still always that certain characters are better than others and that is why the best play the best characters. For example, if Chaddd or Tipman(if he still played) would play Fox/Falco/Marth as seriously as Ganon, im pretty sure they would **** more than they already do.
Yes any character can own....to a certain degree. Imagine you´re playing against m2k´s Ganon, he 2 stocks you. Now you play his marth, he 4 stocks you.

The approach? it has been said many times here, fair and ftilt, wavelands and stuff. Just be smart and you´ll do good.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Toecutter, you're nothing but a prick that sucks with ganon, you like to try and make yourself feel better by starting crap with people and no, I'm saying what I think long before anyone with status comes along and whoopps, will you look at that? They happen to agree with me whole heartedly.

What a coincidence.

Oh, and its funny how you try and pick me apart but when it comes to the higher ups, you roll over like a dog. I've got to intention of agruing with you anymore because you're the type that won't listen.

Doesn't matter what you think, I don't care and you are entitled to your opinion.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Toecutter, you're nothing but a prick that sucks with ganon,
:laugh::laugh: LOL, Let's just see here. I go all Ganon in tourneys and ALWAYS break at least the halfway point. I'm well known in Wisconsin, and am one of the better players in the state. I also attended a 107 man tournament, with MANY good players, used solely Ganon, broke into brackets, placed 17th. Pretty **** good for Ganon.

Me >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> You

you like to try and make yourself feel better by starting crap with people and no, I'm saying what I think long before anyone with status comes along and whoopps, will you look at that? They happen to agree with me whole heartedly.
I don't try to make myself look better, you dumb****. I simply say when people are wrong. If they can't handle it, well that's their problem (and yours apparently). And you never say anthing. You post one line things such as "Ganon ownz" or "Your wrong", and you NEVER back it up with anything. You simply wait until somebody with knowledge posts and you adhere to what they say.

Oh, and its funny how you try and pick me apart but when it comes to the higher ups, you roll over like a dog. I've got to intention of agruing with you anymore because you're the type that won't listen.
Wow, you try making yourself more important than you are. I don't "pick" you apart, due to you never having anything to pick apart. You're always wrong. And I don't roll-over like a dog? Please, do show where that happened. I disagreed with and still disagree with what chadd said about Ganon. My point has not and will not change.

Doesn't matter what you think, I don't care and you are entitled to your opinion.
LOL, Who said I wasn't. You suck at smash and life. Go die, insolent fool.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Very mature of you, telling me to go die.

I was never wrong about anything, if you can't see that, you are blind.

Brawlpro, I do have aim, you can message me if you want.

As I said, I'm not going to agrue with you, its a waste of my time considering how childish you are about everything, which is easily seen by telling someone to go die and insulting their abilities.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Very mature of you, telling me to go die.
ggnore feyg

I was never wrong about anything, if you can't see that, you are blind.
You: "ganon owns"
Me: "how does ganon own?"
You: "ganon owns"
Chadd: *posts something logical*
You: "just what i was saying"

You don't post an opinion, nor do you have one. lolz idiot

As I said, I'm not going to agrue with you, its a waste of my time considering how childish you are about everything,
What someone who knows they are wrong would say.

which is easily seen by telling someone to go die and insulting their abilities.
"your a prick who sucks with ganon"

self-owned, insolent fool.

It's hilarious how you use stupid crutches when you know you have no valid points. "You're childish", = You have no rebuttal. You've never had any rebuttals.

Then you say "I'm not gonna argue", yet you continue to post stupid, crappy, off-topic responses, which make little to no sense.

You define idiot. Seriously.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
This games winner is:

TOECUTTER!

Edit: Naw just having some fun. Seriously though it seems like toecutter was looking to start drama in the begginging. Talking about why Ganon isn't good and arguing with well respected ganon players. Which is fine, but he was a little hostile about it IMO. blue didn't really do anything wrong. I think toecutter has some kinda problem woth blue though. Maybe it's just me.

Anyway close this thread.

Can't anyone see that I'm trying to avert an all out flame war?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
brawlpro said:
lol chaddd, he sucked up to ya, lmafao, jk, jk*, ganon can own, hope the argument finished, to be real any character can own, i thought jiggly would be a waste but then i saw killa or, thought pichu was ******** then i saw chu play him/her.

Toe cutter your name does give some ppl an impresion that your a troll.
On a side note if i see one more noob say any character can own.. i'm gonna end myself...

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Edit: Naw just having some fun. Seriously though it seems like toecutter was looking to start drama in the begginging. Talking about why Ganon isn't good and arguing with well respected ganon players. Which is fine, but he was a little hostile about it IMO. blue didn't really do anything wrong. I think toecutter has some kinda problem woth blue though. Maybe it's just me.
I wasn't looking to start anything. I was just saying Ganon doesn't own. I have no problem with anyone in particular, it's people who don't have their own opinion/say stupid things (and are being serious when saying them)/people who say things and give no valid reason why they say the things.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yeah toecutter thats what i was saying
"Thats my point OMG <3<3" or "OMG thats what i was thinking".

=)

I'm bored.. sorry

chaddd

Smash Lord
I disagreed with and still disagree with what chadd said about Ganon. My point has not and will not change.
Okay, so you're perfectly welcome to your skewed opinion on this game. But tell me, if Ganondorf is unable to win anything, then tell me how I was able to beat one of the nation's very best Fox's at Evo World and go dead even with the World's best Ice Climbers(infinite included)?

Ummmmm....

So one of the very best with the highest tier in the game didn't beat me in pools. And I was using a...what...mid tier?

Ganon rules all, and aside from fighting an awesome Sheik, can take down any opponent, no matter what you believe.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Okay, so you're perfectly welcome to your skewed opinion on this game. But tell me, if Ganondorf is unable to win anything, then tell me how I was able to beat one of the nation's very best Fox's at Evo World and go dead even with the World's best Ice Climbers(infinite included)?

Ummmmm....

So one of the very best with the highest tier in the game didn't beat me in pools. And I was using a...what...mid tier?

Ganon rules all, and aside from fighting an awesome Sheik, can take down any opponent, no matter what you believe.
The Taj example is fitting.

You =/= Everyone

They don't/won't change tier list based on one or very few players.

Who was this Fox?

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Chillin nicknamed me "Limp Bizkit" and "Baskin Robbins" at chu's house once.

And toecutter, I support you. I recently also became fed up with people saying stupid things in general, and have been calling them out. Just remember, when you call people out, they think you're attacking them, when really you're attacking their opinion. A very big difference that kids don't understand.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Keep attacking me and insulting me. I don't care.

All the higher ups (people with a decent functioning brain) can see you people are idiots so what of it?

You and toecutter have a problem with me and start crap at the drop of a hat, doesn't bother me.

Toecutter was agruing over me saying ganon owns, my god..I said something so wrong....He was just looking for a fight. Hes got his own weird issues that I don't care to agrue with.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Look, I'm not going to get into this with you anymore. I am tired of stating that I'm not attacking you, or starting **** with you. My comment was to Toecutter, not to you. I was telling him I supported his view because everyone is ragging on him and because it's the truth.

I am not an idiot. I don't rely on "higher ups" to forge my own opinion. That isn't to say I don't take their opinion into account, but I don't base everything on it.

And from here on out, unless you say something towards me that isn't along the lines of "you are attacking me" I'm not even going to validate your comments with a response, because it's getting old that you think because I have a differing opinion and express it, that it must mean I hate you.

It's far from the truth, although, now you really are getting on my nerves. You're not even listening to me and continue to insult my character based on illusions I've been trying to dispel.

Good day, sir.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Heh, I never really had a problem with approach...it's tricky vs Marth to me but besides that like, the only real problem I have with Ganon is his inability to defend himself from combos and edgeguards.

I never really found getting close to people hard...

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
frotaz in the house?!?!? whats up? i need to play your ganon again. the friendly we did at the san pablo biweekly wasnt enough. we must play again. thread digression ftw. i like going WoP style against marths unless they are overly agressive, then i sheild grab and jab more. upb out of sheild works more and more often these days.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
And toecutter, I support you. I recently also became fed up with people saying stupid things in general, and have been calling them out. Just remember, when you call people out, they think you're attacking them, when really you're attacking their opinion. A very big difference that kids don't understand.
Exactly, I'm not "attacking" anyone. I don't have a (serious) problem with anyone. It's called opinions. I'm sharing mine. I do have a problem with the people who don't have opinions, and simply assimilate the "higher ups" (OMG HIGHER UPS) opinions as their own.

Keep attacking me and insulting me. I don't care.

All the higher ups (people with a decent functioning brain) can see you people are idiots so what of it?

You and toecutter have a problem with me and start crap at the drop of a hat, doesn't bother me.

Toecutter was agruing over me saying ganon owns, my god..I said something so wrong....He was just looking for a fight. Hes got his own weird issues that I don't care to agrue with.
LOL What?

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
Exactly, I'm not "attacking" anyone. I don't have a (serious) problem with anyone. It's called opinions. I'm sharing mine. I do have a problem with the people who don't have opinions, and simply assimilate the "higher ups" (OMG HIGHER UPS) opinions as their own.

LOL What?
exactly, what?!?!?! maybe you just took something he said out of context. opinions that are not shared are secrets and who wants a ton of secrets to hold to themselves. we all friends here.

Top Bottom