• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
In America, you root for the underdog or the home team. Thats it. I was rooting against Cactus when he was in my crew because the other crew had no one left close to Cactus calibur. (Underdog) But I root for M2K when he goes up against MD/VA and other regions. (Home team)

People are always gonna root for bowser over sheik because it is that much more impressive when the Bowser wins.

Cia

das kwl
In America, you root for the underdog or the home team. Thats it. I was rooting against Cactus when he was in my crew because the other crew had no one left close to Cactus calibur. (Underdog) But I root for M2K when he goes up against MD/VA and other regions. (Home team)

People are always gonna root for bowser over sheik because it is that much more impressive when the Bowser wins.
idk, in that scenario, I'd cheer for the sheik. bowser should know his place >=]

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
Dang... he just said "bowser sit the f*ck back down" lol. Grow some heart dude.

But in any case, the real answer is Ganon... ALWAYS ROOT FOR GANON. Only cause then you might have a tiny little puerto-rican screaming in your face if you don't. Not that I know from experience... >_>

UltimaScout

Smash Lord

But in any case, the real answer is Ganon... ALWAYS ROOT FOR GANON. Only cause then you might have a tiny little puerto-rican screaming in your face if you don't. Not that I know from experience... >_>
Either that or a tiny caucasian with a fairy in his pocket spinning his sword around like a nut.

R3N0

Smash Lord
I have forgotten entirely who the hell i was supposed to make sigs for. . sorry lol

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice

No... I'd be the one who knows from experience. -_-

But yeah, Pakman's analysis is pretty spot on. Underdogs and home teams always get the fans. Also, Luigi and Captain Falcon are sexy... so that would do it.

JFox

Smash Hero
I think the notion that peach counters falco is severely outdated. Yes, she can put damage on him fast once she gets a hold of him, and she can even do some decent edgeguarding to gimp his recovery. But that can be said about most charaters vs falco nowadays. The real problem is getting a hold of him, and simply floating out of range of lasers isn't very effective. She really lacks any approach. I would say its even probably, and if anyone has the advantage, its falco at this point.

People have to realize that the game has progressed significantly, and what people used to think of as counters no longer hold true nowadays. Peach's game has remained pretty stagnant, while Falcos has grown tremendously over the past few years. He just has far too much priority, and her lack of speed really hurts her when trying to punish him. Sure you can **** dumb players, but that can be said about most characters vs. falco honestly.

BTW this is in response to ame's post about Falco getting ***** by peach, but it is also something that I wanted to share with everyone.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I think the notion that peach counters falco is severely outdated. Yes, she can put damage on him fast once she gets a hold of him, and she can even do some decent edgeguarding to gimp his recovery. But that can be said about most charaters vs falco nowadays. The real problem is getting a hold of him, and simply floating out of range of lasers isn't very effective. She really lacks any approach. I would say its even probably, and if anyone has the advantage, its falco at this point.

People have to realize that the game has progressed significantly, and what people used to think of as counters no longer hold true nowadays. Peach's game has remained pretty stagnant, while Falcos has grown tremendously over the past few years. He just has far too much priority, and her lack of speed really hurts her when trying to punish him. Sure you can **** dumb players, but that can be said about most characters vs. falco honestly.

BTW this is in response to ame's post about Falco getting ***** by peach, but it is also something that I wanted to share with everyone.
I think he wasn't saying that Falco generally gets ***** by Peach. just that Ultimascout's Falco gets ***** by Peach.

For what it's worth though, I agree with most of what you're saying. I consider Falco vs. Peach ~ even or slightly in Falco's favor as long as the Falco knows how to stop shooting just SHLs and can hit Peach out of a Medium height float. Jiggs and Marth are both harder matchups for Falco IMO, and Fox and Sheik are roughly as hard.

Cia

das kwl
Thanks for clearing that up guys.. a lot of people made me feel like **** when I went peach on eggm's falco and lost.

it takes way too much work to maintain a good image in melee.. unless ur fox

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yea ppl always root against space animals, its part of the trade lol you get broken characters or the crowd loves u...i remember at mlg LI m2k was complaining that everyone was rooting for bum lol

and yeah fox is a beast....imo hes best in the game lol

Alukard

Smash Hero
ok so ... the circuit is on the 1st ... two weekends from now is the next bi weekly ... will people show up back to back saturdays? i need to kno so i can host it on the 25th as well as the 1st of november ... plz let me kno people

JFox

Smash Hero
Alukard, I know I don't plan on coming for two in a row. I think it would actually hurt attendance for the one on Nov. 1st if u try to do two tourneys. If you let people be fiending for smash for 3 weeks, people are more likely to come out. If you went to a tourney a week before, and the next week u might be like "well I dont think I wanna play smash two weeks in a row, cuz thats a lot of money/time/I have better things to do...w/e

Basically, I think the tourney will have a lot more hype if people havent played smash the week before.

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
Seems tough. Personally Id say hold back till the 1st. I was planning on going to the biweekly, but since the circuit event is the following saturday im just going to that.

It might not be easy for people to show up for both. And I would think the circuit would be more important, and hold a better show up. So thats just me though.

EDIT: ignore everything i just said, ^ he beat me to it. I second his notion.

Alukard

Smash Hero
yea i figured it would happen ... but i mean if i can have at least 15 people say they would come to both ... i have to host the bi weekly XD

R3N0

Smash Lord
chibo the one i want to make has zerosuit samus instead of armored samus, is that ok?? cause zero suit is sexier =/

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I am missing soccer for the one on the 1st. I can't miss 2 games in a row and I am usually the ride from Philly so plan on us not going on the 25th.

R3N0

Smash Lord
Listen now that I have made you a sig, I hope its a commitment for you the sig user to come to the event itself.

Even if they are what they are, funny sigs or whatever, it's for a reason I'm making it, to advertise and so that you (the sig users) will actually come to the event. Please don't ask me to make you a sig if you are NOT planning on coming.

so without further adieu

enjoy spamerer

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Listen now that I have made you a sig, I hope its a commitment for you the sig user to come to the event itself.

Even if they are what they are, funny sigs or whatever, it's for a reason I'm making it, to advertise and so that you (the sig users) will actually come to the event. Please don't ask me to make you a sig if you are NOT planning on coming.
Was that directed at me? I've been attending these >_>

R3N0

Smash Lord
no not at you just anybody i just wanted to make it clear, you're awesome.

Top Bottom