• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yea im def bringing my controller

arcade stick s unnecessary imo

we de way crazier crap with a gc controller

ssf4 isnt that technical

Alukard

Smash Hero
yea im def bringing my controller

arcade stick s unnecessary imo

we de way crazier crap with a gc controller

ssf4 isnt that technical
i think it is only because every character is really technical ... but in melee theres only a couple that pair up

btw i expect to see every jab with any character go into perfect links ... o and complete punishments off level 2> focus

just saying

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Wish I had a 360 controller only ps3 oh well my guy is still training but I can hold my own

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Tec0 marth on fd was doing things to eggms fox that should be made illegal in at least 14 states

Alukard

Smash Hero
I used to like Sheik vs Fox on FD *shrugs*

I really dunno anymore :urg:
well i mean i hate FD vs fox now unless i'm fox falco or marth ... sheik needs to be playing on point out of those grabs ... dair shine is just tooooooo good

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So anyone going from philly to no johns? So that I can minimize some moneyz going to the china bus? If not then me and kurt will go on the bus hahaha. But it would help so that we could have some money for entering. :3

also can anyone pick us up from Chinatown? That would be so awesome if one would. : D

D1

Banned via Administration
As much as I love No Johns, I was gonna ask Alu, if I can find a venue in the city that can hold more than 200-ish ppl legally. Would ya be down to moving No Johns to a new venue?

I really hate taht our attendance gets hampered only b/c of ppl lacking rides to the venue. Even if we take public trans there Benny told me that the last train leaves @ like 8pm.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
NYC is the easiest, most convenient, and godliest location for a venue. We can easily hold super national tournaments here. I understand NY is expensive to go with tolls and parking is a b*tch and all other crazy nonsense. Although we gotta make sacrifices. There are way more benefits than negatives. NYC is easily accessible to the entire planet. I saw Goku in Union Square today playing chess with some random old guy. Only in NY lol.

Alukard

Smash Hero
As much as I love No Johns, I was gonna ask Alu, if I can find a venue in the city that can hold more than 200-ish ppl legally. Would ya be down to moving No Johns to a new venue?

I really hate taht our attendance gets hampered only b/c of ppl lacking rides to the venue. Even if we take public trans there Benny told me that the last train leaves @ like 8pm.
WAYYYYYY ahead of u D1 ... i was actually trying to purchase a venue in chinatown ... but i got bought out by some jewish guy =\

but i'm trying to do find a venue that won't be shady about money and stuff or start to over price and things like that ... money is a really touchy subject especially without a past relationship with someone like i have with Jeff(toy wiz owner)

i know its really hard to get up to no johns ... but i have them ONCE A MONTH ... things like transportation should be set up a while ago =\ ... and all the info i have is on the first page.

but again i'm really really trying to own my own place to host events ... but that doesn't mean i'm still not trying find sumthing in the city

if u have any info to someone you find bro just get the number and i'll call em up ... lemme know !

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
WAYYYYYY ahead of u D1 ... i was actually trying to purchase a venue in chinatown ... but i got bought out by some jewish guy =\

but i'm trying to do find a venue that won't be shady about money and stuff or start to over price and things like that ... money is a really touchy subject especially without a past relationship with someone like i have with Jeff(toy wiz owner)

i know its really hard to get up to no johns ... but i have them ONCE A MONTH ... things like transportation should be set up a while ago =\ ... and all the info i have is on the first page.

but again i'm really really trying to own my own place to host events ... but that doesn't mean i'm still not trying find sumthing in the city

if u have any info to someone you find bro just get the number and i'll call em up ... lemme know !
Good luck cuz I wanna be here lol.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
I don't like going to either phili or NYC for tournies. I either get ***** by train fees or ***** by parking. Then the cost of food is uber high there so that's another high expense. So yeah, if it gets moved to the city, that'll be the end of my attendance most likely. A small tourny isn't worth $50-$70 to me.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I don't like going to either phili or NYC for tournies. I either get ***** by train fees or ***** by parking. Then the cost of food is uber high there so that's another high expense. So yeah, if it gets moved to the city, that'll be the end of my attendance most likely. A small tourny isn't worth $50-$70 to me.
There are mad places where you can get delicious food for cheap. You just gotta know the spots and whatnot. There are also spots where you can park for free. It just depends on where the venue will be located. In addition, if NYC has a venue for tournaments, they definitely won't be small. So stop exaggerating.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Deal with it son. Bring your own food. Buy some from your area. Be smart. Prepare. JUST DO ETT.

D1

Banned via Administration
DJ's right. There's a spot in NYC where you can get big slices of pizza FOR 1 DOLLAR.

WHERE THE HELL ELSE....

Can ya...

Get...

Pizza....

THAT...

CHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alukard

Smash Hero
All i know ... is that i'm arriving into nyc at 11pm tomorrow. Also u guys should be practicing doubles and watching me and g$'s videos ... cuz we are going to pee on EVERYONE.

Oh one more thing... i miss nyc soo bad ... o and u guys too haha

Niko45

Smash Master
Lol god forbid NJ people should have to cross a bridge ever. Seriously all the tri-state tournies are a breeze for you guys to get to. NYC is the best compromise for everybody and any lost attendence from NJ would be quickly made up for by boosted LI/Westchester/NYC attendence.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Sucks for us upstate guys but ill man up get a ezpass........no johning is what I do best next. To pole jocking obama

Eggm

Smash Hero
Its not just the bridge. NYC has AWFUL traffic and TERRIBLE parking and is just overall pretty crazy to drive in. It is literally impossible not to get lost unless you have a gps (mapquest won't do). Personally I'm not scared of driving there, but I'm sure a few other drivers are. No drivers = no TV's. I agree turnouts would probably **** if all the people outside of NYC showed up to NYC, but that's just dreaming. Its expensive no matter how cheap the pizza is. Its also confusing for those of us who don't take public trans a lot.

I remember going to like 3 NY weeklies (won 2 of them). It took like an extra 40 minutes than it was suppose to get there according to mapquest because of traffic. Then I had to ride around for like 30 minutes (probably 5$ in gas) to find free parking. Then I had to sit downstairs with a really hot venue and like 6-7 tv's for like 40 people. Not to mention pay the 8$ toll for the bridge plus a fat new jersey turnpike toll of like 5$. If I hadn't won I wouldn't have come back ever would not have been worth it. Not to mention both bum and kubuu physically threatened me with violence more than once just for stuff I did in game like camping or Taunting. Again I'm not scared of that tho I can handle myself, but there are other players who won't tolerate that kinda thing. Luckily I find most of NY's trash talk hilarious and stuff. But again other people won't.

Point is while there are advantages like bigger turnouts if we all do make it there alive, legally parked, and with enough money to still enter, theres a $hit ton of disadvantages.

I think the best venue ever was that one in fair lawn. Anyone driving could find pretty easy parking. I remember everyone from Ny telling me it was short like 4$ bus ride. The first few in that basement were SO FUN and had like 40 + people and draft crews were amazing. I loved that venue. It seemed pretty assessable to everyone too. I think we should try and find another venue like that close to NYC but in NJ.

LLDL

Smash Hero
lmfao, yeaaah NJ no johns ftw. Toy Whiz only seems suitable for tournaments the caliber of ROM, which it is perfect in size and location for and nobody minds coming / spending amounts of money because its a national. U should gets teh Biweekly venue in Brooklyn lol.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
so, as it turns out, my car MIGHT be ready saturday morning. will update as more info becomes available.

otg

Smash Master
I mean frankly I dont give a **** where the tourney is held cause chances are I won't end up going anyway, I just have to point out that the only people advocating a NYC venue are the NYC residents who (GO FIGURE) don't have cars and don't have to worry about tolls/parking and all the other ****ing annoying *** things that make me hesitant to go down into NYC in general (and im like 5 minutes from the BX). If the NY would actually turn out instead of being mad lazy (like me), then it might be worth it, but I think the NO johns venue is fine and I don't get why people *****ing in the first place.

Top Bottom