• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[April 5, 2014] Game Gallery Presents. S.L.Y.M.I. 4- Battle for PA

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Here it is. It's the special event I was talking about. PA is about to re-establish itself as a presence in Smash. Not just Philly. So this is a battle for PA in many ways. Also....Easton Smash is issuing a challenge to ANYONE in PA to bring it.

CALL IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE
Store Number: (610) 829-1133
My number: Well...you know if you have it, lol.

The Game Gallery
314 Northampton St.
Easton PA, 18042

Project M teams will be starting at 1-1:30PM- the LATEST (Don't test me, please)
Melee teams will be starting at 2PM

Singles for both games will start within a half an hour of each other.
Expect the start time to be about 4:30PM

Stream: twitch.tv/gamegallery

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1454033431496660

So The typical Game Gallery rules apply:

1.) Have fun!!
2.) Be respectful
3.) Be fair
4.) Have Fun!!!
5.) Let me know where you're at all times
6.) B.Y.O.C.

Here are the other rules.

Costs:
$10- singles
$10 per team
$0 for crews (Of course, this is dependent on time.)
==========================================================
Format:
Double Elimination for each game. 2/3 for all matches. Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals are 3/5
-Stocks 4
-Pausing is not allowed. If you pause it will result in a loss of a stock.
-I WILL DQ you if you aren't there for your match. If you don't let me know what's going on, I can't help you. I can't and absolutely WON'T hold things up for you. I don't care WHO you are. It won't be total DQ, but you'll be sent to losers.

Special rules on coaching:
People tend to have a stigma about coaching. To coach DURING a match is NOT allowed. You CAN do it BETWEEN matches. You have a full minute to give yourself to breathe and focus if you need it. Take advantage of it.

After a Match:
The order is: Loser chooses stage, winner changes character, loser changes character.

DSR: So we're clear. You cannot play twice on the same stage you won on. This is, unless agreed upon by both players. If you want to go back to the same stage you played upon...that's you. That means: If you lose on FD, and want to go back to FD...that's on you, buddy. It's YOUR funeral. However, if you beat your opponent, are on game 3 or higher, and (s)he won on FD, you have the right to deny him/her going back there.

AS ALWAYS. I don't care about about wobbling. If you want to wobble, it's legal. The other stuff, however....(Soul stunner, freezie, etc.) don't think about it.

Stalling using Jigglypuff's rising pound, Peach's Wallbomber, etc. is not allowed. Please don't lame it up with excessive planking, either. Just common courtesy to players.

Last edited:

Jreed420

Smash Cadet
Easton smash will obviously be there in full myself cash lite deff cruzycakes A griff and probably vino let's get some numbers up guys :)

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
Hello, I was wondering what games are actually being featured. Is this Melee only? Will there also be a Project M event? Also, what are the chances of a Brawl event? Also was wondering if you could post the stagelists etc.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
It's Melee/PM Teams/Singles as far as events are concerned.

As far as Brawl is concerned, I'm not opposed to the game at all. I continue to offer my hand to the game. When the players finally show up...I'll add it to the roster. They've been acting like they aren't hungry for tournaments. I get tired of expecting them to show. They need to do what PM players did. Show up with the game.

Stage list? I run a pretty basic stage list.

Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick: Pokemon Statdium

With teams, you replace FoD with PS, and DK64 becomes the CP stage. Then of course, I do run the gentleman's agreement. If your opponent and you agree to a stage not on the list...I don't care. It's your funeral. I believe I've already mentioned in the OP, what version of DSR I use.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
could you give me some info like when it is, and where it is?

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
could you give me some info like when it is, and where it is?
I updated the OP with the location, and the date is in the thread title.

To everyone:
As far as time is concerned. Teams is estimated to start around 1PM. The store opens at 11:00AM, so that's MORE than enough time to arrive, warm up, and sign up. Smashers are creatures of habit, and tardiness is one of those habits, haha. No Johns, though. If you need the number to the store, that's fine, and call ahead of time if you're going to be a little late.

Also...in the transition of Teams to Singles, Exhibition matches will be held. A slight change of pace. So if you've got your MMs that you want to hold, or call someone out for a FT5, we'll try to get those in while early singles brackets are being held. Maybe even early Teams brackets, too. Now would be the time to call people out.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
how good are the people who are going? any notable people?

if not, i might come and take PA for MD with my team partner

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
how good are the people who are going? any notable people?

if not, i might come and take PA for MD with my team partner
Depends. We've had Swedish Delight. M2K, Nando, JMan, Zhu, and others show up. Kinda depends on who feels like coming on what day.- Any given Saturday.

Also....what Kite said is true as well. We've got some sleepers that show up and take people by surprise. What game(s) do you play? If it's PM...Easton is the favorite to win it. Just saying.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
I play melee. And i did not know that you guys had GOOD people come, so my dreams of taking PA are dead.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Like I said, it's any given Saturday, haha. It's rare if they all show up at once. (Although the last event saw all but Swedish Delight that I mentioned.)

You never know, man. That's what I love about Tournaments. Thrill of the competition. There are also those hidden bosses in PA, that people just don't know about. I'm sure MD has their own. Plus, you've got a Teams partner, right? Heck, even I was able to get 2nd in teams. I'd love to see MD out here, though.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
yeah, me and my partner have killer mario/falco combos. i'd love to come, but it's a little late to go.

wait, did you said any given saturday? so this is every week? ok. Only problem is transportation. pennslvania is pretty far away, so i might not be able to ever go, but i might be able to convince someone to take us.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Well, I say that, in terms of you never know what can happen. (Much like any given Sunday in terms of Football) This particular tournament happens once every month-month and a half. I have others, but they are focused on different games. Smash is our biggest competitive draw, though.

Hey, if you guys can get a ride, that would be awesome. I know some of the smashers out in MD, but I'm always willing to meet more.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
oh, ok. keep me updated with when the smash tournies are, please. i could get my dad to take us, maybe, but it would have to be a later tournie. hope to see you one day at a tourney. :pimp:

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
No, I play Falco and Luigi. My friend plays Mario and Link.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
1000th Post LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Lazy is what we believe to be Pa's Hidden Boss
also his name comes from him never really going to tourneys or entering them if he goes

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
ok, then i can probably go if i have at least 30 days so my dad can get a vacation request in. i'm gonna need an exact date, tho.

Italia06823834

Smash Cadet
So, If I read this right there is P:M Singles and Doubles? I may come for that (though I might need a partner for doubles). I don't feel like getting destroyed in Melee haha.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
You are correct. PM singles and doubles will happen.
As far as Melee...it's a mixed bag of skill. You never really know who will show up. Usually the matches are pretty hype overall. The beauty of competition is not knowing. Our PM crowd is tough, too.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Might come to this, some people in the scranton/wilkes-barre area are interested ^_^ So there's no venue fee, right? or did I misread the first post

Top Bottom