• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are You Ready for This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
My pocket Random is going to run this tournament. Gonna shock the whole state of Alabama as well as the nation.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also, is there going to be any Melee/PM at this?
They will both be there, definitely. Whether or not we run events is a matter of interest. I'm going to check with the people who are going to show and figure out what all we want to run very soon.

Likely we will have at least one (probably Melee) at $5 entry.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
OOHHh shiii the best Pokemon Trainer's IN THE WORLD doing a money match
who's coming to witness history in the making?

updated OP

also the nature of Mobile tournaments has always been pretty relaxed with time to run side events. So expect we'll do 64/Melee/PM/Low Tiers or whatever we can get 8 people to agree to play.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
OOHHh shiii the best Pokemon Trainer's IN THE WORLD doing a money match
who's coming to witness history in the making?
This is more like a no name trainer from a no name town challenging the Elite Four Champ.

Though I will spot you that it is history in the making. Loser forks out money like they do in pokemon. ;)

Edit: I second Luis' notion about the ivysaur. I don't think that psycho squirtle could take on that nightmare.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask. Did you guys want me (possibly Erick too), to bring our SD cards with the replay system on them? I know I can't personally capture and upload videos yet, but I just want to offer my services if I can.

Other than that, I will plan on bringing a wii with Brawl and my tv. I have HD cables for it, but I've been told it's still laggy. I can't say for sure because compared to how it was before the HD cables, I think playing on the tv is much better. It might still be a little laggy, so like I said, I'm not sure.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
One week away, already requested off for work to make this. Will be bringing some friends who are new to the scene like me so it'll be fun all around.

I'll be wanting to play friendlies with everybody so please do me the solid of ****** me :)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Alright, so we're going to have a free side tourney for everybody who shows. Entry will be mandatory unless you want to be declared a loser.

Super Mario 64 Random Star Race

Double Elimination Bracket.
Each set will be played on a star drawn randomly from a hat.
100 Coin Star is on.
Both 100 Coin Star and Bowser Red Coin stars require completion of the level. This means obtaining another star of your choice or defeating Bowser respectively.
Each player will start at the same time and will be situated on opposite sides of a table to prevent looking over to the other player's screen.
The fastest time advances.
It will be played on the Virtual Console and cannot be played on 64 in order to prevent platform differences from affecting times.

If someone has a second Virtual Console 120 Star save file, then they should inform me so I don't have to get 80 stars this week.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If you draw a 100 coin star, then you must obtain said 100 coin star and then clear the level by obtaining another star in the same level after grabbing the 100 coin star.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Each round of brackets will be a different level.
Then if we draw 1 you do star 1. 7 is 100 coin star.

We haven't decided which stages will be used, but, for example, if winner's round 1 is Bomb-omb battlefield.
Then we draw a number out of a hat for every matchup. If we draw 2 then both players will do "Footrace with Koopa the Quick"
The next two players draw a different star, so they could get 7. Then they would have to do 100 coin star and grab a second star of their choice.

Second round of winners will get a different level, & so will first round of losers.

For the two race stars we will use the in-game timer.

NETOmx said:
Cam can't pick me up on Friday.

Is there anyone that can pick me up on Friday in Montgomery?
I don't think anybody is. But here's what we can do. I can pick you up from Troy on Friday and bring you back Sunday. Will that work?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Man, could this week go by any slower? I'm so hyped for this! I'm definitely hyped for my MM.

NETOmx

Smash Apprentice
Each round of brackets will be a different level.
Then if we draw 1 you do star 1. 7 is 100 coin star.

We haven't decided which stages will be used, but, for example, if winner's round 1 is Bomb-omb battlefield.
Then we draw a number out of a hat for every matchup. If we draw 2 then both players will do "Footrace with Koopa the Quick"
The next two players draw a different star, so they could get 7. Then they would have to do 100 coin star and grab a second star of their choice.

Second round of winners will get a different level, & so will first round of losers.

For the two race stars we will use the in-game timer.

I don't think anybody is. But here's what we can do. I can pick you up from Troy on Friday and bring you back Sunday. Will that work?
Thanks for your help m3t. I already got a ride from my roommate to evergreen on saturday in the morning. If anyone can pick me up there, I will make it.

So, I think I will need housing. Housing is not a problem right? I don't care if I have to sleep on the floor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom