• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
well if my GF can take me you can come with us Chris and ill see if anybody would be willing to as well from Phoenix

and if you dont have a partner by than and if I go we could team

I will talk to her tomorrow about it

If you took me, I'd be honored to team with you
Cause I'm pretty much teaming with whoever gives me a ride, that way they can get some extra money from our placing in addition to gas, cause I WILL place lol

Also, Bryce would come with us too since he's looking for ride. and Ill keep a look out for a fifth member to join us as well

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
it would be sweet to have both Phoenix players and Tuscon players go and **** New Mexico in melee and brawl

im going to sleep though so finish discussions tomorrow yall (im from Texas ok)

but yea I want to help you practice so you can beat Dekar like I have never told you that you couldn't beat anybody cept Wobbles because hes to lovable like I have always told you that you could beat Dekar and Atomsk and stuff and it would be sweet to go there and win their tourney gotta get Dekar back you know ;D

<AZ3

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
If you took me, I'd be honored to team with you
Cause I'm pretty much teaming with whoever gives me a ride, that way they can get some extra money from our placing in addition to gas, cause I WILL place lol

Also, Bryce would come with us too since he's looking for ride. and Ill keep a look out for a fifth member to join us as well
this man speaks the truth :)

jard is always a popular 5th choice :)

oh, and im gonna need a partner also. duff? im learning wario now, i like to think hes pretty beastly... wobbles who? XD

Death01

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mahuwah
3DS FC
3282-4075-7165
this man speaks the truth :)

jard is always a popular 5th choice :)

oh, and im gonna need a partner also. duff? im learning wario now, i like to think hes pretty beastly... wobbles who? XD
Speaking of which I am going to need a partner... and yeah Wario is beastly I was picking him up lately and I have still been trying to improve on my other chars. :D

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I love all you guys. Let's not fight.

And as of now, I'm really trying to convince my parents to let me go to pound 4, so I don't think I can make New Mexico. If my parents decided 1000% that I can't go to pound 4, and they do it soon, then I might try to go to NM.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Kyle!! :3 It was nice playing you last night we must again!
Oh and chris is was fun but we had major lag Lol and that sonic was D:

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
I'm going to laugh so hard if you can't back up what you're saying
I hope this is just you trying to fire me up, if not, you need to chill a bit methinks. I'm pretty confident I got this (Top 2 anyway) and last I checked, having confidence isn't anything bad. If you don't go in planning to win you won't. I like to go in with a positive mindset. I got everything to prove and nothing to lose, so it's all good. You guys can use the competition anyway. This is my new home now and anything I can do to help AZ improve should be welcome. ;)

Also, was just reading the main post. "General trends in friendlies." should not be considered in PRs of all things. As DSF put it, they are just friendlies. A time where players can chill, have fun, try new tactics, and not focus solely on winning. Friendlies are to learn and improve not go towards how they rank on a PR. That's a bit too serious IMO.

More importantly than any of this. When is the next smashfest?

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
I hope this is just you trying to fire me up, if not, you need to chill a bit methinks. I'm pretty confident I got this (Top 2 anyway) and last I checked, having confidence isn't anything bad. If you don't go in planning to win you won't. I like to go in with a positive mindset. I got everything to prove and nothing to lose, so it's all good. You guys can use the competition anyway. This is my new home now and anything I can do to help AZ improve should be welcome. ;)

More importantly than any of this. When is the next smashfest?
no, chris is that big of a douchebag... <3 its for the fire!!!!

me and chris were saying possibly thursday but saff has her game club thingy that day, so i might stop by that first, and when that ends, play smash somewhere else :) and of course, if saffy wants, ill provide a ride to wherever more smash is :)

hadesblade

Smash Lord
It's good to be confident, keep it to yourself. It's not good to run around the boards saying you will beat everyone.

It says we SLIGHTLY CONSIDER general trends in friendlies, so it doesn't really mean anything.

There's a fine line between confidence and cockiness
but I'm cocky too so I don't really care, but i've at least backed up my talk with actions. :p
ARIZONA ISN"T AS BAD AS EVERYONE THINKS

But we'll still love you anyway bloodhawk

OH AND HADES? CAN YOU COME ON SATURDAY?

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
There's a fine line between confidence and cockiness
but I'm cocky too so I don't really care, but i've at least backed up my talk with actions. :p
ARIZONA ISN"T AS BAD AS EVERYONE THINKS

But we'll still love you anyway bloodhawk
We'll group hug later. :3

Just to be clear, I don't have anything against AZ, you guys are really good from what I've seen so far. This state has bred players like Forward, Taj, and Wobbles back in the prime of Melee, so I didn't doubt you guys at all. I was more or less just trying to troll Chris cause he seems like a very serious person to me when it comes to smash. Just gotta chillax and have fun man.

Nothing wrong with a little friendly **** talking. My **** talking doesn't have the same effect as it does in Midwest though cause you all don't really know me that well yet and probably think I'm seriously trying to discredit everyone. If you do get to know me you'll find I'm actually severely laid back and am not the slightest bit cocky. If you can't take jokes and don't have a good sense of humor then steer clear of me cause I have both. ;3

Hahaha =DDD
/Respect points for Bloodhawk just rose
You pinned me against a wall with that call " I was more or less just trying to troll Chris cause he seems like a very serious person to me when it comes to smash."
because you're like 100% right, and that trolling has been annoying me too, and you knew that from the very beginning and you're probably laughing about it. I'm impressed.

We'll get to know you soon enough bloodhawk!
But the thing is you seem like a serious person too when it comes to smash, If I knew that you joke a lot and stuff it'd be a whole different story!

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
/Respect points for Bloodhawk just rose
You pinned me against a wall with that call " I was more or less just trying to troll Chris cause he seems like a very serious person to me when it comes to smash."
because you're like 100% right, and that trolling has been annoying me too, and you knew that from the very beginning and you're probably laughing about it. I'm impressed.

But the thing is you seem like a serious person too when it comes to smash, If I knew that you joke a lot and stuff it'd be a whole different story!
I did get a good chuckle out of it. You remind me of my main sparring partner in Midwest who was the exact same way. It wasn't my intention to annoy you on purpose. Due to the nature of my personality, it took me a while to realize that I don't know you guys super well yet and I didn't want to take it too far. While I initially gave off the aura I'm very serious about smash, I actually am very laid back about it and if you knew me back in Midwest you wouldn't have had a problem. I carry two Lucario plushies around with me at tournaments for goodness sakes. :3

You'll find out all about me this weekend and possibly sooner if we have any smashfest this week prior to the tourney. While you might have gotten a small glimpse of me back in August, I'm sure you all forgot about it by now, but I should be a familiar face around here from now on. :)

lastly, Saffy, you wanna explain to me what this game club thing is?

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
I'm pretty good. lol.

I don't really travel for it as much as I used to, but I can play with Dope, Tink, and Vidjo occasionally and hold my own, so I'm definitely not horrible. I was a pretty decent Midwest player.

In power ranking news
It will be updated after this tournament taking the following tournaments into consideration
Abe's House
Elite Four
Kamikaze Short Notice Tournament V2

If you were eligible for power rankings last update, you'll keep that eligibility as long as you attended one of those tournaments (Although rarely coming to tournaments hurts you cause you cant prove anything anyway), And if you're a brand new person then you will have had to at least participated in two of those.

We're also going to add two more panelists.

I've compiled a word document with the performance of many players in arizona in the tournaments considered, and after updated it with however the next tournament goes, all the panelists will receive that report so that they have accurate tournament data

Every panelist will come up with a top ten based on that data, and after taking the averages of everyone's report and combining it together to make a list based off all of them, we will have a discussion on it and if nessessary resubmit lists.

Remember

HOW PLAYERS ARE RANKED
- Rankings are mainly determined byWHO they beat and lost to at tournaments in singles bracket, and their placings at tournaments, with recent tournaments having slightly more of an impact than past tournaments

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Yea bloodhawk, I'm sure you're good enough to make them
But for activity reasons and 'maybe it was a fluke' reasons you gotta attend 2 tournaments
Oh, I'll make them. It's totally understandable to have that rule. Don't worry about it. After playing with all you guys for a while, I'll climb it in no time. I'm just happy to have people to finally be able to consistently play instead of playing only a handful of times in a month. Also gives me something to work towards.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
I only get to play a handful of times in a month ._.

2 hour drive each way johns ._.

Top Bottom