• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Grand Challenge - Results!

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
I've gotten **** on by lost to Dojo. Not to mention Diddy is one of MK's "even" match-ups, one out of like... 3. Whereas MK makes so many otherwise good characters absolutely unviable. It's unfair to a lot of good players to keep the pos legal imo. Then again, it's unfair to take away a character that others have worked hard on. It's just a stupid situation in the first place =O

No johns, MK is banned in Abq. and that's the way it's gonna stay =) except MAYBE for OoS tourneys. Can't be a **** to people who don't play that way. We'll run a vote on it or something for our tourney in February ;)
my vote would be to ban him :)

gahhh.... shoutouts will come when i get out of school/when i feel like it. there will be lots...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Shoutouts go to everyone. The tourney was fun as hell guys.

To everyone I talked to, you guys were hella tight, and I can't wait to see you guys again.

On a more formal level...

Dekar - Dude, you are so chill man. It was great just talkin with ya during the tourney. If you are ever up where I am, or I'm down there by you, we gotta hang man.

DarkLink - Thanks for housing Utah dude. We didn't talk much, but it was nice meetin ya man.

Twins - I didn't get to see your magic stuff, but we managed to talk, and it was fun man. Next time I see ya guys, I'll be sure to watch your tricks.

Tekkie - Thanks for letting me use your screwdriver man. Way chill.

Wobbles - It was nice meetin ya man. Very good Wario. We'll have to fight next time.

Next regional we have, I'll be sure to talk to more of ya. That's all I wish for man. Good tourney guys.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles:

1 Dekar- Wow you have progressed way too much in just some months. I seriously dont know what to do if we meet in tourney other than bend over... anyway thanks for all the support. your trash talk is too funny, i couldn't keep a straight face while i was playing. doubles god?!? Come visit us asap
2 Yaz- it was nice chilling with you towards the end wish we would of talked before. Teams mathes were pretty intense, your mk was so hard to get close too.
3 X- nice sonic
4 Wobbles- Why did you take our money? "you guys are like a burned down forest that will grow back" too pro at just creating random talks lol. Nice wario, finally i meet a biting one which is one of his best moves.... you owe me a wario ditto!!!!!!!
5 Golden Glove- Your dk is too good, i was scared to fight you :(
5 Darklink- We have to MM next time for sure. cool mk player
7 Sinz- nice meeting you
9 A.B- your matches vs mk were sick. You dont have to drop snake to pick up mk again. good **** making it to 5th with someone that doesn't play at all lol.
9 Furious Duffman- You scrub didnt get 1st in teams because you did a sd
17 Forward- cool meeting you, make that melee skill transfer completely to brawl so you can beast! Banana republic for the win. im gonna have to buy that shirt my self
17 Neocell- sorry i made us get 2nd :/. your wario surprised me :dizzy:.
25 JT- nice meeting you man, had always wondered how was the rest of NM. cool dude
goyf- you Ics were good man keep at it. i just have had good experience vs them and you missed some throws.
Now i forgot names of people. i know
Az 14 years. (arizonas razer minus nunchuk. ) - definitely a good snake man keep it up. it was nice chilling with you.
Utah snake- very smart snake, i wish i would have played you a 1 v 1 cause that crew battle was pretty interesting. good stuff on doubles too, sorry for the 9 ;)
Neil- i <3 ya
Sorry if i forgot people :(

r3d d09

Smash Master
Shout outs later, I just barely woke up. Yaz is with me as well, so once i drop him off, i'm sure he will get on and post for once ;)

Best experience of my life. nuff said.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
kenneth- what i say is the truth, id much rather fight a marth than snake.

x- your a very strange and awesome person and good sonic. we gotta play some more

mars and yaz- you guys didn't play me :(

sinz- i really hate snake. good seeing you again.

bryce- <3

lonewolf- sorry for the yelling at you in our game, but marth makes zman cry.

nm- we're awesome. cept for

neil- lrn2shower and deoderant.

everyone else- ggs.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles:

1 Dekar- Man, you were realy fun to talk with, especialy when we were talking about that idiot Miles. I'll be sure to inform when that 'special day' happens.

4 Wobbles- Your Wario is hot, I enjoyed watching you play him. Good stuff.

9 Jard- I forgot some things about Snake, and watching you play helped me remember, thanks man.

9 Z-Mangz- Work on you DDD dude, I shouldn't have won against him when I was Snake. And I love you Lucas shirt, and your Lucas itself was very legit.

13 Silly Kyle- The only other person I want dead almost as much as miles d('.'d)

17 Forward- We need to name the next tourney "Miles Sucks"

17 Duffo- No firm handshakes :(

25 Dark Shifter- It was cool talking with you for a little while.

33 Mars- One of the few people I played a friendly with. Your Sheik was pretty hot, I enjoyed playing him.

33 DerpDaBerp- We suck.

33 Tommy Der Meister- You suck, quit while your ahead.

Melee Singles:

2 Light- Again, one of the people I played friendlies with, your Peach pisses me off, actually Peach pisses me off. You are awesome

4 Jeff (Axe)- I really didn't see you play at all, but IHOP was pretty fun.

5 GG7- IHOP?

7 Goop- Quit Gooping around, you Goop

9 NickNyte- Elvis, the next time I'm at Kyle's I need to get my controller from you.

9 Shiv- It's good to see you around again.

9 Yeah!- stop touching me

13 Saetia-dtg- But I don't to play Ganon...

Twins- You guys were so awesome. The magic was great, and talking DBZ was a lot of fun. Come to AZ more.

17 Kosuke- Mario Speed run was so much fun to watch. I love you Kosuke.

25 Chubbz- no

25 Mr Turnip- IHOP was fun, I'm glad you like my garbage Marth.

33 Silly Kyle- Ugh.

33 Tommy Der Meister- Last in Melee and Brawl singles, just quit while you are ahead. And stop playing Ganon.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Wasn't forward like #1 in brawl in AZ?
Hellllllllllll no. I still love you though, Forward.

1 Dekar: **** son, whoop them buttcheeks. I hated that you couldn't get my name right at first, but it kind of grew on me. D: Dammit. Also thanks for showing me the instant throwing thing. I'll work on it (and sucking less in general) and then maybe you won't have to sandbag me next time. <3

2 Yaz: **** the car ride with you was legit. I'm one of Utah now. :D Wish we could have played more. Didn't get to do our controller/money match. I'll try to go to Utah and play sometime.

3 X: I love you X. Don't really have much to say though. Text me so I can get your number.

4 Wobbles:Thanks for carrying me in teams. Spamming ftilt can only get me so far. Next time Chris ditches me for someone, you should ditch Justin for me. <3

5 Darklink: Imma beat you next time. 1-1 right now. Don't expect MK dittos on rainbow cruise anymore. :p

7 Kira: dtilt people more you scrub.

7 Sinz: Your mindgames suck.

9 A.B:You were pretty legit. Favorite person from El Paso. Friendlies/tournament matches were cool. Math is too.

9 Jard: you scrub stop getting tired.

13 Jeff (Axe): ic's and toon link too good.

13 Silly Kyle: Best advice ever. Come to Phoenix and counsel our players with it.

13 Light: I love how you predicted every time I was going to kill you :p "It's ok Chris, he's going to uptilt me once and
I'll die. Oh, there it is." Learn to tech skill too. Gotta get past your determination to not have any tech skill and come to smashfests to learn some.

17 Duffo: scrub

17 Ken Neth: Aww, bad placing. :( You should have done better. I'm pissed we didn't get to play our double fair spike matches though. D: Come to AZ again before you leave on your mission.

25 Dark Shifter: ****, I expected you to place higher. You should have just grabbed more instead of trying to enjoy yourself.

25 Lanky Gunner: Even though we didn't play or talk or anything, I always smiled when I saw you just because you are the exact definition of someone I think of as lanky. It was pretty legit.

25 Isaccard: Sorry I went MK on you. :( I couldn't risk getting lucky and having you not edgehog me after cging my asscheeks off.

33 Fridays Lobster: I'm not sure it was you, but did you grow your hair out? If so you look like a mexican version of Lain with your glasses and everything.

33 Hades: Argh, tough placing. Just listen to what we said and play offline more. You'll do great once you learn what works better offline. Just look at Kira.

33 Tommy Der Meister: you're a pretty cool guy. Let's eat fruity pebbles. Also Sinz needs some Firm handshake
training. Make sure to give him some at the next tourney.

Im gonna be so much better before my next tournament
My mindset is in the process of being reorganized

Dekar don't be a ***** and ban MK
there's only two good ones in our little region anyway

@jard- Ill totally beat you again lol
@everyone, Jard is actually 19

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
awwwww that twin guy didn't shout-out to me jerk and tai its BRITTANY and we should go im so sad that we didn't
Because I ran out of time before class :p

Besides I sent out a shoutout to everyone haha.

Anyways the <3 is there to you friend.

I missed a lot of people actually, I should just go back and do the whole quote the results shououts to all thing lol.

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
All I want to say is GG kira 7th is too good.
Youre a lot better than I think everyone thought.
GG AZ overall you guys did well

Don't ban MK Dekar....

P.s. Jards really 34

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Some people rumor it.
Also Forward are you going to upload the results to AiB? Or do I have to manually reconstruct the bracket since I want my badge on aib? D:
lol i just wanted to know who it was so age doesn't matter. i thought you were 21 since you were buying the beer for everyone??
jk just making sure it was you buddy

Dekar173

Justice Man
MK's been banned in NM for ages. Seriously, we've had him banned since long before Xyro started doing Hobos with MK banned =O Don't fix what isn't broken. We get higher turnouts at our local tourneys with him banned, and it makes it much more fun for people who don't usually come to the tourneys (and the ones who don't place regularly).

___X___

Smash Lord
ill make shout out's soon, just don't have time right now, the library closes in about 20 min and im too poor for internet hahahah I loved this tournament!!! :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:

Jar'd

Smash Ace
You're lucky there aren't many epileptic smashers, X. Your posts could kill someone.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
1 Dekar - You know how some scrubs roll every time you approach them, or airdodge every time they're above you? Well, I've observed something like that in your playstyle. You have the extremely predictable habit of winning every tournament you go to. Work on that.

2 Yaz - Good to meet you man. Awesome guy and MK.

3 X - Your Sonic is amazing, and the sheer amount of fun you have while playing is infectious. Good ****, can't wait to see/play you again.

4 Wobbles - Good games and times. I can promise you that our next set will include neither dthrow infinites nor pirate ships. In my defense, it happened to be Talk Like a Pirate Day.

5 Darklink - Have yet to play you, but I'm sure that'll change soon enough. Always a cool guy and a great player.

7 Kira - Your Pit was good, but man, your Rob came out of nowhere with a vengeance. Good stuff.

7 Sinz - Great to see you again. Congrats on doing well, and thank you for the invaluable Snake practice you've given me. Keep making Utah awesome.

9 A.B. - GGs, I'm sure I'll see you at some tournament soon.

9 Furious Duffman - I reciprocate your fear. Great G&W, intense games.

9 Z-Mangz - Lucas sucks. There's no way for him to place above dead-last in tournament, and definitely no way for him to beat Marth, especially when he's being chaingrabbed on Battlefield.

13 Jeff (Axe) - Your Melee Pikachu *****.

13 Silly Kyle - GGs and GP (Good Peach)

13 Light - Congrats in Melee, and our set in Brawl doubles was my favorite of the tournament. Good ****.

17 Forward - Good **** in Melee. I think those few friendlies last time you came down here are still the only Brawl we've played, but hopefully that'll change soon.

17 Ken Neth - Great to meet you, and **** good Snake. Had me scared, and with good reason, judging by the vengeance you enacted during the crew battle.

17 Dark - GGs in Melee

17 Boyt - Walker, I don't see your name anywhere else on here, so I can only assume this is you and the TOs misread your name or something. Anway, good ****.

25 JT - Every time I see your Rob, I'm surprised by how much better it is. I keep waiting for the plateau, but it doesn't come. Also, as Gkirbz can attest to, you're the best supporting spectator ever.

25 Dark Shifter - Bryce, you are a ****ing champion. Thanks for housing us, and GGs in the tournament.

25 gangstarkirby - Have to say, after reading some of your posts, I was pleasantly surprised by your real-life persona. That's the internet for you. Awesome to meet you and GGs.

25 Isaccard - You are a driving beast. Words cannot express how grateful I am that you took over that much of the driving duty. Oh yeah, and, um, nice Pikachu I guess.

33 Twister - I'm so psyched you came on this trip. Keep up the smashing and the generally being awesome

33 Tekkie - Another smasher I continue to be impressed with.

49 Ax - GJ hustling money from people in MMs you sexy *******.

Melee Singles:
5 Tai - GGs, and thanks for securing my placing in Brawl

7 Aids - Decent ****

7 Goop - Thanks for the Melee friendlies

13 Twin A and Tw1n - So I heard there was this trip to AZ. And I heard that you guys were like "Sure' we'll go and make sure everybody is laughing their ***** off the entire time." Apparently it worked out pretty well.

17 Golden Glove - Thought you did better in Melee, but I guess not. Shape up, scrub.

Everyone - Awesome ****. Come to New Mexico in February for the Rio Grande Air Balloon Fight Fiesta Chili 2010.

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
33 Fridays Lobster: I'm not sure it was you, but did you grow your hair out? If so you look like a mexican version of Lain with your glasses and everything.
Haha. If this clarifies anything for you: I was the guy in the brown pants that were rolled up like a pirate, somewhat long hair, not touching my shoulders though. This just makes me want to see lain even more.

Since Im posting already Im going to do some more shoutouts.

Tommy Der Meister: We should play again sometime, I wanted to do some friendlies with you but I never had the time

Zman: Your lucas is crazy, once you started to throw out the pillars and dtilt locks I had no idea how to adapt.

Virus: Your Wario is still as good as ever, we should play melee sometime though.

Duff0

Smash Ace
1 Dekar - thanks for the tips
4 Wobbles - nice job!
5 Darklink - next time!
7 Kira - surprise, surprise
9 Jard - good **** in doubles, ill **** talk for you anytime
13 Jeff (Axe) - good games, axe
25 Dark Shifter - keep your head up
25 Lanky Gunner - good games
33 Hades - listen to my advice, sir
33 Tommy Der Meister - no firm hugs =[
1 Forward - good ****
2 Light - good ****
3 Wobbles - good ****
4 Jeff (Axe) - i love you axe
5 Tai - get *****
5 GG7 - ggs
7 Aids - ggs
7 Goop - riskital!
9 NickNyte - thanks for housing us
13 Maxxxpower - the best
17 Voom - why are you so intent on being better than me?
17 Kosuke - thanks for teaming with me
33 Silly Kyle - nice to see you again

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
wow duff0 I like I haven't seen you in forever and you just leave me out whatever jk

EDIT: and I like how everyones saying mr. turnip now yay im cool

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Lanky Gunner: Even though we didn't play or talk or anything, I always smiled when I saw you just because you are the exact definition of someone I think of as lanky. It was pretty legit.
Ha! I'm puttin this in my sig.

This tourney was great guys! I know I've already said it, but it's very true. Thanks for giving me a good first OoS tourney for me guys!

Top Bottom