• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Grand Challenge - Results!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol soooo many shout outs so I'm sorry if I don't get them all now.

First shout out is to everyone who watched our tricks. I'm really glad that they were liked and we will keep getting more to keep impressing the masses <3 It really means alot to us. Great reactions and questions. We will do our best to see all of you again.

AZ = WIN!!!

Forward - Tournament of win and endless brawl.... seriously lol. Thanks for the friendlies and the cheering. And yay for your 2000th post

Wobbles - Thanks for the housing and the awesomeness. I don't have enough room to write everything I want to say to you. But you are such a great guy and we will fedex your stuff soon k. Thak you for dealing with the bs of the flat tire and being so cool the whole time.

Bryce - Same to you. Thank you so much... sexy.

Axe - DUDE!!! Too good. Too GREAT!!! I'm gonna pm you after these shoutouts k. You'll like it.

Tai - Hahahaha too great

Dark - I know your singles skills are low tier but you and your bro make the best team I have ever seen. Great stuff and you are too cool.

Light - Same to you man. Sorry about the rough ride back but I'm glad you got home safely. Good job on placing 2nd man!

GG - GG's to you (ba dum tsh) hahahaha. You were way cool. Come over this way and we'll show you some tricks k (that can sound dirty)

Nick At Night - You were a humble and nice guy despite the look of seriousness. Thanks for the relaxing conversations during the heat of battle

Jane - You were way cool!!! We need to hang out more... MOVE HERE hahaha =D

TommyDerMeister - I need to see your magic. You were funny man =]

Goop - <3

DarkLink - We shall wrestle then. This time no backing out johns ;) you were a funny guy lol

If I missed anyone from AZ I'm sorry and you all were way awesome. I want to move there... no lies

UTAH!!!

No longer are you all the little sister easy bake oven state. You guys are awesome. Thanks for the greatness.

Sinz - I miss you man. Come home

X - You text me earlier... hahahaha. "Your Sonic reminds me of when I lost my virginity. Fast Blue And Painful!" -Tw1n Just saying. It was awesome and so were you man.

Yaz - Your MK was gay as hell!!! But it was still good. Hope to see you in this part of the US when we host a tourney =] You were too good hahaha

Red Dod - you can have my babies as soon as you pay for the other ones you have with me first hahaha. <3 you bro

I can't remember everyone else's names (exactly who was who... sorry) but just now this. You all were the ****!

NM!!! Too GOOD!!!

Dekar = best diddy ever! He once picked up Donkey Kong when he was about 5 yrs old. Then he played Diddy Kong Jr a bit later. But then when he turned 10 he played Diddy Kong Jr. MATH. It was then that he knew he must become a mathmatician and a diddy kong main in any game that stars dkj. Good stuff =]

Ax - Hahahaha too good. We really need an open room to wrestle some day =D

JT - AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! With a shot voice. You made me laugh so hard! Greatness is you my friend.

Nolan - Your pikachu made me cream myself Then we watched Axe and did it again!

GoldenGlove - great playing dude!!! good stuff

Neil - Way to place well man. Now get better ;)

Twister - your playstyle for some reason always makes me laugh and be amazed. Great great playing =]

Z Man - DUDE! Good stuff. Your Lucas 0 - death combos make me wet the bed!

Goyf = handoffs = death = DSF swearing ;) Hahaha your IC's shall pierce the skies and light a fire under the ***'es of any who dare to face them!

Twin A - good job bro

Tw1n - get good already! **** it!!!!!

I'd like to once again say thanks to all. And we will make a thread for our magic vids and everyones pics once we figure out where we put it lol. Mods help us there please. What effing forum does it go in?!

r3d d09

Smash Master
Tw1n, i will gladly pay for the babies. . . what do we have now? two? O.o haha. and wtf on the queens entourage haha.

Everett says he knows it>.> i'm going to crack him and learn how. haha

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Tw1n, i will gladly pay for the babies. . . what do we have now? two? O.o haha. and wtf on the queens entourage haha.

Everett says he knows it>.> i'm going to crack him and learn how. haha
He lies!!!

Actually he does. But that was his going away present. And if he tells you how its done tell him I'm never talking to him again (hate to make threats but thats a good trick that shouldn't be ruined)

EDIT:
some of the pics taken at the tourney
http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj136/Twin_A/AZ Grand Challenge/

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Haha Dekar I wish I got to meet you :( Diddy's the coolest to watch in Brawl, I've never actually gotten to play against a good one.

Late shout-outs:
Mike - Sorry we got so close but so far. We'll get them next time.
Elvis - Sorry for taking your teammate.
Chris - How does it feel not placing top 3 in doubles :p
Tai - As you can tell, my Sheik has gotten practice versus Falcos because of Jeff haha.
Goop - Funny to hear your analysis of my style.
Shiv - Don't get grabbed, especially at the edge! mwahaha. More usmash/grabs//utilt and less dsmash.
AND YOUR HAIR IS SO GLORIOUS
Andrew - Ftilt more!!!!!!!!!!!!... and upB out of shield more. More techchase less runaway and missile-ing.
Indian dude from NM, Neil was it? - Falcon dittos were awesome, I love upBing shields and suicide KOs.
Dude with brown shirt from Utah I think - I got an offstage Falcon Punch yeeehaw!
Team Lucas and Ness - Wtf kind of tournament team is that? I guess you kids have balls.
Rusty - Your DI sucks
Everyone else: I didn't play you so whatever

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol my bad Kenny. You were awesome too. You cracked me up man =] Everyone here was too good!

Hahaha those pictures rock

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I only played two, one of them I played a hella ton of matches with since apparently he was better than the rest of the OoSers at melee.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Shoutouts!!!

This tourney was fun. I enjoyed hanging out with everyone there, and this has been one of my favorite tourneys I've ever been to. The only thing I wish is that it ran smoother and faster. Nex time I'll make sure to get more than two hours of sleep. XD

Yaz- Good stuff beating Dekar in winners. I'll try not to get 9 hammered in teams next time.

X- "YOU'LL NEVER STOP AT ONE. I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!" So funny haha. Good stuff winning that clutch 2v1 match and good job taking third man. Now people know you and have seen the true potential of Sonic. You're just lucky you didn't have to play me ;)

Darklink- Thanks for the housing man. You're definitely one of the coolest smashers I've met. You have a good MK, good job taking 5th. We're definitely going to need to go to another tourney together.

Dekar- It was nice meeting you. You were a cool guy most of the time. Your diddy is freaking insane. Too good. I'll get you next time though.

Wobbles- You're a cool guy. Great wario. I wish I had gotten to fight you in singles sometime though.

Golden Glove- Nice playing you. Good DK. I'm definitely going to have to redeem myself if we fight again.

Sinz- Good stuff man. I'll try not to C4 myself next time XD

Kira- Nice pit.

Furious Duffman- You have an amazing G&W. I wish I got to play you in more than just crews. And I'll work on not to get 9 hammered for next time XD

Jard- You're a cool guy. It's too bad we didn't get to get those friendlies in. Keep playing the snake.

Z-Mangz- Your lucas is too good. And about you hating snake. It's all good, cause I beat you with my wario too. :D You're a very good player.

Jeff (Axe)- Didn't talk to you at all, but I watched one of your melee matches. I was very entertained.

Light- I wish I had gotten to play you. Your peach looked really good. Good job taking those stocks off Dekar in crews.

Forward- It was nice to meet you. Nice job taking melee. I really enjoyed watching your matches.

17 Ken Neth- You suck balls.

Phx Dragoon- Nice to play you again. You should come back to Utah again and we can MM ;)

Dark Shifter- Nice to see you again. You have a pretty good DDD. That match against GG sucked. You had it man. Nice playing friendlies with you. You had one of the sickest techs I've ever seen. totally took me off guard XD

gangstarkirby- "F YOU! YOU'RE BREAKING MY MANSION!" Haha our MM was too good. We definitely need to smash more. STD tomorrow?

Lanky Gunner- You're getting better. You have a good snake. We definitely need to play some more.

Isaccard- You have a good pika. First pika I ever fought, I had no idea what to do XD. It was nice playing you in crews and that MM.

Mars- It sucks your controller was messing up. You should have placed much higher. Your shiek is really good, and I really wasn't sand bagging in those matches you accused me for XD

Red Dog- This trip was super fun. I'm glad I've gotten to know you better. And keep on smashing, you're definitely going to get better! You have the right attitude towards it, and if you set your mind to it, you could be really good. You'll be there in no time.

Hades- Nice yoshi

Twins- You guys were awesome. I enjoyed talking to you guys, and seeing those magic tricks. Two of my favorite smashers there. You should try to come to another tourney we end up going to! :D

Utah- This trip was sooo fun. I really enjoyed hanging out with all you guys and I had a blast. You guys are awesome.

forward

Smash Champion
Instead of doing shoutouts and leaving some people out, I would just like to thank everyone as a whole who made it to this tournament. Utah, NM, El Paso, thank you guys so much for making the journey to AZ. I hope if we do another tournament that I can count on seeing you guys again.

I learned a lot from this experience as to what is needed to run a large scale tournament, even though I didn't run much of the tournament at all. Abe, and most of the people you saw running around, calling matches, don't play smash at all. They are just the regulars who play at Aiab and were cool enough to help out.

Anyways, it felt like I played some pretty good melee. All of my matches were recorded and they will be going into the final version of my next combo video (omg can't wait). Thanks to everyone who cheered me on or simply enjoyed watching me play.

As for Brawl, no johns, but here they are anyways :) I don't play Brawl. I'm often overrating my own ability in that game and underestimating the rest of the community, thinking that my melee skills are enough to get me far. That might of worked when the game first came out, but it has grown enough and turned in to its own game that it doesn't cut it anymore. I don't know if I'll ever make it to the top in that game, or place high at a regional tournament, but oh well, that game is still kinda fun.

So once again, congrats to the winners, a big thanks to the supporters, and I will see you all next time.

Peace.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Cool stuff forward. We will try going to your next big one =] But till then you best be going to Pound 4!!!!

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Oh yeah, small announcement: I found an MP3 player/flash drive in my backpack that doesn't belong to me. I wanted to keep it but I figured I should check here first to see who it belongs to :)

If anybody is missing such a device, let me know.

Edit:

I'm like Sean, I don't wanna do specific shoutouts because I know I'll leave somebody out. Not only that, I have typically the same message for everybody: you're all big stupid dumb faces and your mothers are just as dumb if not dumber haha, your faces.

But seriously, it was a good time--even though it took long--and I had a lot of fun. Special mentions go to the twins for magical times, the OOS'ers for coming and spicing up the competition, Light and Kira for this being their last AZ tournaments in what may be a long while, and to AiaB for rocking all faces imaginable. Peace out folks :)

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
i finally got off my lazy @$$ and did some shoutouts

1 Dekar: good $hit on 1st place. your big head will only get bigger and bigger the more you kick @$$. thanks for the cheer up when i needed it. your just too much a good guy. next time we will most def play some. :)

2 Yaz: good job on 2nd. didn't really talk at all but you got yourself a good mk. keep it up and hope to play you some day :)

3 X: sonic is still a $hitty character... haha jk jk <3 good playing with you and your a pretty cool guy. hope we get to talk/play more next time we meet :)

4 Wobbles: good $hit wobbles! your wario will never dissapoint. good $hit in melee to.

5 Golden Glove: most heartbreaking tourny match defeat everrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! but srsly good job getting 5th. next time we play i want my revenge!!! only <3, no hate :)

5 Darklink: you are proving to everyone just how good your getting. soon you might even beat your rival in a match ;P good $hit and can't wait for active gamers!

7 Kira: wow.... good job on 7th man. you keep getting better and better. keep it up. and your black <3 :p

7 Sinz: ahhhhhhhhhhh sinzzzzzzzzz. i wanted my rematch!!! oh well... next time :) good job and nice talking/seeing you again.

9 A.B: sorry we never got that mm, next time fo sho!

9 Jard: good $hit on winning dubs. keep up the good snake and maybe one day we could play eachother in tourny :)

9 Z-Mangz: *AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*
HAHAHA, i helped you escape the marf cg :) <3 next time we will mm.

13 Jeff (Axe): wow.... for not playing brawl, you placed pretty high up there. GOOD $HIT AXE!

13 Silly Kyle: sorry bout the wall inf on green greens. don't cp a ddd with 4 walls. XD good stuff.

13 Light: sucks that you had to play az in the tourny. we all know you coulda done better. good job on 2nd in melee both in dubs and singles. your just too good. also, gg on taking dekars 2 stocks in crews.

13 Lonewolf: don't |=uck with nm. they will yell at you.

17 Forward: good $hit in melee. we didn't play each other or really talk that much but your still too cool. also... nice arm candy ;P

17 Duffo: ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! <3 u your match vs chris was closer than i thought it was gonna be. just means your improving all the time, keep up the smart play and good work.

17 Ken Neth: ah-may-zing friendlies with you. i suprised myself when i tech'd that. haha great snake and i really wanna play you again soon.

17 Dark: good job in dubs in melee. you should play more with all of us :)

17 Boyt aka goyf: ugh... you said it best. bad mu is bad mu. i did better than i thought i would so :)

25 Dark Shifter: you suck, get better, play smarter. you KNOW that you should've placed higher. don't suck as bad next time. good news is your still too sexy :love:

25 gangstarkirby: nice talking to you. :)

25 Isaccard: good $hit on taking davids couch first night. hahaha also bomb a$$ pika. i need to learn those bcg. :) also we need to play next time we meet

33 Mars: good mm we had. i wanna play you again soon. your sheik is bomb! good work :) also, sorry for calling you kira at the beginning of the tourny. XD haha

33 Tekkie:

33 Hades: bomb yoshi like always. can't wait for active gamers this weekend. should be **** :)

33 Tommy Der Meister: im glad you didn't fart. haha <3 get better in brawl!!!

49 Ax: "stick it in your belly button and i can control you." haha your sexy and hopefully we get more matches in next time :)

49 Rain: another good mm. good marth. mm again next time?

Melee Singles:
5 Tai: good seeing you again. i was shocked when i found you playing brawl. i wanted to take a pic but my phone was dead DX haha <3

the twins don't get separated in my shoutouts :)
13 Twin A: you took my melee controller :( lol <3
17 Twin 1: awesome new magic tricks. <3

ALL OOS's WHO CAME, YOU ALL ARE FREAKIN AWESOME! <3 you all
to everyone i missed, you weren't important enough/ im too sexy to be seen with you.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Dark Shifter said:
the twins don't get separated in my shoutouts
13 Twin A: you took my melee controller lol <3
17 Twin 1: awesome new magic tricks. <3
Thank God someone who puts us separate lol.

Actually its all good to everyone else, I really don't mind. As long as the love is there lol.

As well I found in my bag another controller of yours that says Dark Shifter on it. I'll be mailing that back with Wobbles' stuff in the mail bro

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
2 of my controllers? i know when i first came to nm, i had one of your controllers from genesis. it could be that one, or i could be wrong... w/e

forward

Smash Champion
Jar'd, I'll talk to Abe tomorrow and see if he can post the bracket image up.

Also, where is Light going? Why is this going to be one of his last tournaments in awhile?

Dekar173

Justice Man
**** Light's moving to CO? He should give Menounderwater some Peach (Brawl) tips, and spice up their Smash scene by dominating the **** out of everyone in Melee :D

Top Bottom