• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ASCENSION: Houston's New Series! - June 30th, 2012 - Houston, TX SHAYA CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Yeah, Illmatic and I were brainstorming on a name. We wanted it to mean something, and Ascension is an epic word with meaning to the community so...yeah.

Also major rule change coming tonight or tomorrow. Depends on how I feel tonight.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Yeah, Kilik - it's concerning that.

Sync and I were brainstorming a few ideas over aim.
We may have something that solves a few stagelist problems (it's similar to what I've already addressed).

Denti

Smash Master
Sktar or APEX rulesets are all the rage now days. Nobody likes double MK, and people effing hate getting counterpicked to brinstar and RC by MK. Geut wit da prugraum. Just imagine what ALSM will do to you poor innocent children on Brinstar and RC!

I'll be here at this. I'm glad Sync is taking as a prominent TX TO. We need it.

Also, gift card MM anyone?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Changing this game constantly because of one character is bad for this game. Mk will win on any stage regardless. This has been fact since 2 months after brawl was out. Don't join the bandwagon of uneducated crybabies who want to get rid of the symptom and not the actual disease. Keep RC/Brin. There is nothing wrong with it.

:phone:

Sync.

Smash Champion
Updated the ruleset a little bit for this tournament.

-Double Metaknight is now banned in Brawl Doubles.

-Metaknight's LGL is reduced from 35 to 30.

-A Metaknight counter picking rule has been added to the set procedure section.

z00ted

I really like the new rule implemented.
Hopefully we can experiment with it a bit.

Xyro77

Updated the ruleset a little bit for this tournament.

-Double Metaknight is now banned in Brawl Doubles.

-Metaknight's LGL is reduced from 35 to 30.

-A Metaknight counter picking rule has been added to the set procedure section.
very bad move. congrats on not fixing the problem. typical new gen move

Xyro77

Again, new gens not wanting to fix the problem.

Won't be attending this TRASH

z00ted

So you'd rather attend a tournament where MK takes you to Brinstar / Rainbow Cruise than him taking you to SV or BF?

What a martyr. This is usually why I don't agree with your decisions, far too drastic/whiney.
MK should be banned, we all (Houston) agree with you on this.

However, we won't get anywhere as far as growth is concerned as a Texas community with conflicting interests. Either we unanimously ban MK or we don't. Attendance can't afford it any other way. Sadly, Houston has better players and KNOWS we can deal with crappy camping/scrooging/rolling MKs in our area. We sacrifice for the benefit of the doubt.

You even considered UNBANNING MK for WHOBO 4 to increase attendance for the event/future.
Proves how much of a hypocrite you are being.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I guess this gives me more chances to beat Sync's Olimar on Brinstar, since he can't go MK.

Neon!

Smash Lord
neon pl z

sync ascension came from gow no?
Honestly I would love to go, I havent been to Houston in over a year but I just dont have the money. I'm also tired of placing horribly and never making money at these events because my characters sucks.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea, cuz people make money in TX (especially houston) when they pick a better character. If I had a nickel for every time someone else got a stack of cash when Gnes/Razer/Trela all showed up and TRIED...well....

...I've had my eye on this 25 cent gumball.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I honestly wouldn't mind if MK had Rainbow or Brinstar.... I like those stages. Although I'm not against new changes and adjusting to the tournament rule set. I feel that either you should keep the stages and Ban MK. Or Ban the stages and keep MK. I'm fine either way but I do feel like the rule set is being juggled a lot instead sticking with one Overall format. Which could probably be confusing to a lot of new players.

I do wanna attend this tournament though. I support everything Sync is doing in Houston, As well as the other TOs

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
No double MK? I guess Denti and I can't pull our double MK planking stunts. lol Counting ledgegrabs; We practice that. Timeouts; we run that. Wins; we STEAL that! Ohhhhhhhh! Lmao

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
Hmm... guess I'll have to go all MK to avoid having to play Olimar on RC or Brinstar

Xyro77

So you'd rather attend a tournament where MK takes you to Brinstar / Rainbow Cruise than him taking you to SV or BF?
it literally doesnt matter. mk is mk and will be timeout/scrooge/play gay regardless of stage and you will lose to it.

What a martyr. This is usually why I don't agree with your decisions, far too drastic/whiney.
MK should be banned, we all (Houston) agree with you on this.
its not drastic, its simple.

ban metaknight

or leave it as it is now

stop editing this **** game because of one character.

However, we won't get anywhere as far as growth is concerned as a Texas community with conflicting interests. Either we unanimously ban MK or we don't. Attendance can't afford it any other way. Sadly, Houston has better players and KNOWS we can deal with crappy camping/scrooging/rolling MKs in our area. We sacrifice for the benefit of the doubt.
You dont know the first thing about growing a scene.

You even considered UNBANNING MK for WHOBO 4 to increase attendance for the event/future.
Proves how much of a hypocrite you are being.
ive wondered what cow pee would taste like so does that mean im a cow pee drinker? just cause i think something doesnt mean im gonna go thru with it. thoughts do not mean hypocrite.

i cant believe u dont know this ****. LOL. what a joke.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I also disagree with the new MK CP rule. With Delfino and Frigate as counterpicks available to him, I feel like the problem isn't entirely addressed.

Honestly, I'm not attending this because MK is legal. Really liked that 4-5 month period of no bat everywhere. Maybeeee if MK was on starters only and not available on counterpick stages.

Xyro77

LOOK AT THIS SYNC! You are destroying the very fabric of smash/wii/Nintendo.

F YOU!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
TECHNICALLY

....................no

Status