• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ASCENSION: Houston's New Series! - June 30th, 2012 - Houston, TX SHAYA CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Then don't come!

We've already done a **** load for Ft. Worth. If you can't appreciate that (and at least test this ruleset) - we could always just ban MK and seclude ourselves away from the rest of the world/not travel to your events. Besides, we'll get San Antonio to probably travel a bit here and there.

At least, that's what I'll do.

Sync.

Smash Champion
I honestly wouldn't mind if MK had Rainbow or Brinstar.... I like those stages. Although I'm not against new changes and adjusting to the tournament rule set. I feel that either you should keep the stages and Ban MK. Or Ban the stages and keep MK. I'm fine either way but I do feel like the rule set is being juggled a lot instead sticking with one Overall format. Which could probably be confusing to a lot of new players.

I do wanna attend this tournament though. I support everything Sync is doing in Houston, As well as the other TOs
Thanks for the support Y.b.M!

I really want to make it to this.
Please make it to this!

Don't care about many opinions anymore. I want my region to do well at nationals, that is all.

Denti

Smash Master
We've already done a **** load for Ft. Worth. If you can't appreciate that (and at least test this ruleset) - we could always just ban MK and seclude ourselves away from the rest of the world/not travel to your events.
I'm confused on what you mean when you say guys of have done a ton of stuff for Fort Worth??

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I was referring to Trela asking to be banned in the first sentence. The second sentence is referring to the rules. Lol misunderstandings, they happen. What people infer from what people imply can be very different things. lol

@Y.b.M. - What Denti said.
:phone:

z00ted

I'm confused on what you mean when you say guys of have done a ton of stuff for Fort Worth??
Part of the reason Houston unbanned MK was so that Ft. Worth players can travel down to compete.

Tesh

Smash Hero
In all honesty, this rule doesn't do anything for attendance. You have a handful of people that won't show up because MK is legal and a handful that won't show up because he is banned. Apparently no one cares enough about Brinstar/RC work arounds enough to affect attendance.

At most I just won't enter god tier singles, but I'll still show up and spam tornado in doubles and do the side event if I can.

z00ted

If people aren't willing to experiment with one change in a ruleset in ONE tournament that will HELP them if they aren't MK, then I'm sorry... but you're ****ing pitiful.

It's not just about attendance either. It's about alleviating MK's dominance while still keeping a diverse stagelist.

Don't know why people are making such a big deal over one tournament.
You've all attended plenty of MK legal events before.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Wait, MK is legal at this? I might not wanna go, then.
Really? Pray tell, you're that scared? That afraid? Well be afraid. Because he will be coming in a force so fierce, all will quake at the might of Meta Knight. He will time you out; he will overwhelm you with his frame-safe moves; there is nothing you can do about it, fool. You are so weak, you will be nothing to him! Innocent stocks will be taken I assure you! So go then and be afraid, don't bother showing up at all, because Meta Knight is obviously holding you back, right? Right?!

:phone:

Dj PhaTz

Smash Cadet
I think everyone should calm the hell down about MK and brinstar/RC lol not to sound like a jerk...but I've noticed most of the people in the smash community (as a whole) that complain about stuff as far as rulesets, or top tiers, or whatever, are people that don't even get out of pools at nationals; and some are barely top ten in their respective regions. I NEVER hear/read high, high level players complain about anything to that nature, if about anything at all. They go to tournaments, they play their game, they place well, have a good time, rinse repeat. Until one day we hear about them beating people they didn't used to beat or whatever the case is. I think American smashers need to learn how to stop being such wusses about every little thing.

If you want to be the best and win, do whatever you have to do. If that means pick up two or three characters to work around the MK MU (or any bad MUs if you main lower tier characters) then do it. Because let's face it, most of us have been playing this game since its release, so we all KNOW the game is broken. Even with MK and jacked up stages out of the picture there's still PLENTY wrong with the gap between characters and the mechanics of the game in general. (ie: tripping) So, if you know all of this and still continue to play the game, why are you whining about it? It only hurts the community at this point. Either do everything in your power to win, play gay as hell, pick up MK, etc. Or, just stop playing the game altogether. It's as simple as that.

Dj PhaTz

Smash Cadet
Anyway, BC bring my controller back to me at this pl0x, thanks. Killik if we play each other at this, I WILL NOT lose to you ever again. Also, I need a teammate. kthnx

Mike2

Smash Ace
I might go to this. Can anybody house me after the tournament and maybe give me a ride to the bus station sometime in the morning or afternoon(it's like 15 mins from the venue)? I'd pay for gas of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom