• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid1117

Smash Master
K i keep forgetting to DI. My c-stick is set to attack right now so I can't SDI.
counter i will do that less. Thanks lets battle sometime when i learn to DI
You can't SDI with the C-stick, but you can with the control stick. You can just DI regularly to survive would-be killing blows, SDI is mainly used to break out of multi-hit attacks like Snake's NAir and DAir and ROB's DSmash.

Plus kirk told me that you could SDI with out the c stick. The SDI and DI things always confuse me, thats why I wish OS's thread was still going on then I'd just have to learn go this way or push this, but I think its true because when I was trying attacks I DIed out of his pikachus Dsmash.

edit: anyone know of a good name for the new section?
You can SDI with the C-stick, but not when you have your C-stick set to "Attack" rather than "Smash." To consistently DI out of Pikachu's DSmash, simply smash "up" on either the control stick or the C-stick every time you get hit.

Smash DI is just smacking a direction a bunch of times... xD
SDI is "smashing" 1 direction during hitlag; you're talking about quarter circle DI (which is essentially SDI in different directions by flicking the control or C-stick in a circle).

[sarcasm]Jeez guys, learn your DI :mad:.[/sarcasm]

You should update the video list Arturito, there's still Snake videos in the G&W section and the metagame in general has changed quite a bit now >.>.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Roith plays Marth now if u didn't know that.
what is the new secton about
If the name fits how about
The Revival
Of course that doesn't fit did you even read what we where talking about? and it doesn't even fit with this thread haven't you played FE 9 and 10?

And yah metriod I know, I'll do a bit of it right now.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I took this from the 1 player brawl section already. I always keep an eye out for HRC since I <3 HRC.

and if anyone can supply a download link/torrent for the final song in the HRC vid will be nice cause I can't find it ;_; its something with touhou and love ~_~ ...

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
and if anyone can supply a download link/torrent for the final song in the HRC vid will be nice cause I can't find it ;_; its something with touhou and love ~_~ ...
I shall supply you with a name and a Youtube video of the song!

Touhou 8 - Plain Asia (OST Track 7)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSCd9bPNeaM

The quality of that link is quite nice, so I'd just use an app that downloads MP3s from youtube and get it.

On a side note, I'm fairly sure Up Throw to Aether is a true combo on fastfallers at like 0 percent, so I'm unable to DI out of it and if I airdodge I get hit anyways. Anyone care to examine this?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
ah Light, I thank you for that. Now to that I know where its from and its name, it'll be easier to find a mp3 of it. (unless you can show me this app to get an mp3 of youtube o_o)

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Updated match ups mostly except for a few who I need to look into more cause no one fights them =\. I'm going to give ninjalink his own section tomorrow and then after I organize his videos (they're all over the place) I'll add them to the match ups as well. Like 90% of the fights against peach are against dark peach though lol. Also added Ryko's Dair combo demonstration into the data videos thing.

That video is going into the high scores. Take that ganon.

What ap downloads mp3s from youtube mine only does video.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
thanks again light! my music files are gonna probably double now... lots of youtube videos to go thru now.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
gah I fail hall of fame section. But if we did have high scores it would probably be with the combo videos.

edit: I thought it would be an app you add to your browser like the google and wiki bars. still kool but now I have to bookarmk =/
i have a bookmarks toolbar so i can just click on it like an app xD

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
What web browser are you using? if its firefox just go to view and then toolbars and activate bookmarks toolbar >_> You then can drag bookmarks/URLs of your choice into the toolbar and it'll save a link to that URL

oh and HAPPY DAY LIGHTS SAVING DAY!......

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Its only daylights saving time in the U.S. I think. I know that mexico did it 2 weeks ago and I imagine that a lot of other countries did too.

and I don't like that tool bar its gay looking.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Just some suggestions for the videos section (great job updating some of the videos, by the way):

- For general match-up videos, how about listing the players and the date instead of just the link to the video? It would be a lot of work, but I'd be more than willing to help you with it (I can put the stuff into a Word Document so that you can copy+paste the codes).
- Also for the general match-up videos, list which ones are wins and which ones are losses; that way, people can see what edge the opposing character has over Ike, but then they can also see how Ike can overcome those edges.
- For the part about Greil's Mercenaries: for players who constantly post matches (Rykoshet, Kirk, etc.), you can just put a link to their YouTube profile (yeah, it says it's supposed to show the important matches >.>).

- Rykoshet's second combo video is "I Fight My Friends," not "I Fight For My Friends" (not really a suggestion)

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
So I've come to the conclusion that Luigi players except for a given few are hilariously silly.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
N-air > Jab is one of the few true combos in the game, and that's all Ike has when it comes to combos.

Everything else is escapable but the opponent's reaction time is usually too slow.

Wyvern-x

Smash Apprentice
Guilhe correct me if I'm wrong, but hitting with both parts d-smash requires the opponent to get with the hilt of Ragnell on the first hit right?

Guilhe

Smash Ace
No, it works even if you tipped it. That's very nice because Dsmash is his fastest smash and my brother is such a roll spammer.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I need to use Dsmash a bit more its Ikes 3rd fastest move since it ties with Utilt. Dair combos on heavies remember?

Metriod thanks for the advice its something I've thought of for a while but like you said its a lot of work. I'm also thinking of making the greil's mercenaries part with more recent videos and just delete all of those. Of course a lot of people have stopped uploading like versatile and silven.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I shall prove you all wrong!

...or right. :D

I plan on adding a section of what combos in general for Ike in my new thread.

Why? Because I can. :D And maybe there will be less speculation overall.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
I'll test untill which percentage the Dsmash second hit is garanteed, Dsmash can be useful at low percentages!

Result: In any percentage the the sencond hit isn't garanteed, my opponents were just using DI incorrectly... Argh.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I'll test untill which percentage the Dsmash second hit is garanteed, Dsmash can be useful at low percentages!

Result: In any percentage the the sencond hit isn't garanteed, my opponents where just using DI incorrectly... Argh.
ololololololololo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom