• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Probably just knowledge of the match-up from Falco's end.

That's really all that matters when it comes to fights.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Actually a lot of times you do really good the first time you play with a character against someone because your being completely unpredictable. A lot of the times you don't even know what your going to do next.

I went falcon against this guy I loose to often and 3 stocked him. I used falcon again and lost the next 3 matches getting 3 stocked.

edit: what happened to pikachu?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
>_> I still 2nd pikachu. They were friendlies. I went pika against his snake and won that ;0 he also used G&W(never used) and got 3 stocked by pika xD (pika's 3rd worse match)

I just need 3rd character for Olimar. Pika vs Olimar is hard for me >_>

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well I don't even know how good Marth or Falco do against other characters. I usually CP them when I'm in desperate need for a win. I pay most of my attention to Ike since I actually have fun playing as him. Some of the other characters are somewhat fun while others are just not enjoyable to me.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
>_> but i need to know that character enough that I can handle that person's counters... maybe MK is the way to go....

no I'm gonna just try to learn Pika vs Olimar >_>, My only real hole is MK.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I was actually talking about using Snake in general since he was talking about a 3rd.

Snake is freaken fun to use, but I can never get serious enough to go ahead and master him. I'm too much of a "IN YO FACE!" guy to be all campy.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I was actually talking about using Snake in general since he was talking about a 3rd.

Snake is freaken fun to use, but I can never get serious enough to go ahead and master him. I'm too much of a "IN YO FACE!" guy to be all campy.
He is fun and would've been one of my mains but when I started getting good with him, all the "Snake is cheap" talk started. And since I don't want to deal with f***ing n00bs johning, I dropped. This also happened to me with D3 and MK which sucks.

Guilhe

Smash Ace

Yeah, I don’t see any fun in avoiding combat and spamming projectiles. I bought a fighting game!

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Yeah. The F-tilt lock is TOO GOOD.

I never had any "This character is broken!" problems with any of my characters unless it was Ike.

Otherwise I get the opposite "This character sucks" problems. :ohwell:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Today I spent my day playing an olimar main and Falco main... Lovely isn't it. I actually got a win RECORDED with the olimar (it was the only game I ever won against him >_>) otherwise I brought him to one stock. (he's good too. #1 in gamebattles)

All the matches were offline.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
kool are you getting them in your youtube channel or some random guy again?

I have a lot of vids of me 2-3 stocking everyone until semi finals in a tournament but they're so gay I don't even feel like uploading them lol. Plus I don't even think I did good that day because I lost to some luigi :******: he wasn't bad but I still should have won.

•Col•

Smash Champion
kool are you getting them in your youtube channel or some random guy again?

I have a lot of vids of me 2-3 stocking everyone until semi finals in a tournament but they're so gay I don't even feel like uploading them lol. Plus I don't even think I did good that day because I lost to some luigi :******: he wasn't bad but I still should have won.
It's ok... We all know Luigi has a 10-0 advantage against Ike... You didn't really stand a chance...

/lulz

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I said he was #1 in gamebattles at some time. He recorded them so waiting on him. 3 of the 4 are epic enough to go in the video file. (last one I got ***** >_>)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
guys I did one of the most epic team battle finishers ever.

Marth + Ike team, I charge my eruption while Marth pummels the person then throws the person just when I happened to release my eruption FULLY CHARGED! overkill ftw :D

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
So I fought CK again and well only thing I can tell you this time is you need to learn to DI.

You don't know how. Your dieing at like 120% from jab combos and at like 40% from Fairs. Didn't bother to look for anything else but you really need to learn the basics.

O wait yah stop countering. You Fsmashed less this time but pretty much replaced it with counter. I know I fell for it a few times but I wasn't really trying.

comboking

Smash Master
K i keep forgetting to DI. My c-stick is set to attack right now so I can't SDI.
counter i will do that less. Thanks lets battle sometime when i learn to DI

Guilhe

Smash Ace
There is something that has been disturbing me for a long time: a The Ike board is the only board I check regularly (I’ll have the Luigi boards as my secondary from now on). When I visit other characters boards and find that “vs. Ike” thread that most of them has in their front page for bashing our (inexistent) QD recovery, I find the whole gang there defending our main (HeroMystic, Kinzer, Arturito…)! Well, I want to participate too but every time I find those threads they have already died down.

So I was wondering if an Index of Ike discussion in other boards could be implemented here at the Library, so we could inform our fellows of opportunities to represent our main and archive matchup discussions that did work (like that one with Mario).

comboking

Smash Master
good idea
I think that would help the Smash Community and show them that our threads aren't all spam and stuff like that

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
There is something that has been disturbing me for a long time: a The Ike board is the only board I check regularly (I’ll have the Luigi boards as my secondary from now on). When I visit other characters boards and find that “vs. Ike” thread that most of them has in their front page for bashing our (inexistent) QD recovery, I find the whole gang there defending our main (HeroMystic, Kinzer, Arturito…)! Well, I want to participate too but every time I find those threads they have already died down.

So I was wondering if an Index of Ike discussion in other boards could be implemented here at the Library, so we could inform our fellows of opportunities to represent our main and archive matchup discussions that did work (like that one with Mario).
Lol you read my mind. I've been thinking of adding this as like a spy of kilvas section or something like Ulki's ears pick up. The bad thing is that its really hard. First I have to get someone to make me pictures with transparent backgrounds because I suck at photo shop then I'd have to check many boards about it.

I'll try though since it would be really helpful.

•Col•

Smash Champion
K i keep forgetting to DI. My c-stick is set to attack right now so I can't SDI.
counter i will do that less. Thanks lets battle sometime when i learn to DI
Eh....? o-o

I thought it was just instinctual to DI... xD Also, you really shouldn't be worrying about smash di'ing if you can't use regular di yet... ^_^;;

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Plus kirk told me that you could SDI with out the c stick. The SDI and DI things always confuse me, thats why I wish OS's thread was still going on then I'd just have to learn go this way or push this, but I think its true because when I was trying attacks I DIed out of his pikachus Dsmash.

edit: anyone know of a good name for the new section?

•Col•

Smash Champion
Plus kirk told me that you could SDI with out the c stick. The SDI and DI things always confuse me, thats why I wish OS's thread was still going on then I'd just have to learn go this way or push this, but I think its true because when I was trying attacks I DIed out of his pikachus Dsmash.
Smash DI is just smacking a direction a bunch of times... xD It's much more effective and more commonly used for multi-hitting attacks... Having the cstick set to smash just let's you use smash di, except with two sticks, so it's twice the input... :D

comboking

Smash Master
Roith plays Marth now if u didn't know that.
what is the new secton about
If the name fits how about
The Revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom