• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread (Online Discussion Q&A, GO HERE BEFORE POSTING)

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
I'm not trying to rant I'm just trying to say what's going on. We talked to Nintendo and they said that there are having problems and they are working on it, but still unsure of when it will be resolved. I don't think it could possible last much longer. Friend brawl isn't as bad, it only disconnects every now and then so I just recommend staying off of anyone brawl until this issue is resolved.

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
DCes might be due to servers trying to re stabilize
Makes sense. Whatever it is, it should be fixed soon, unless the problem is more severe, then it might take longer. Nintendo is aware of it and working on it, so right now there is nothing more we can do.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm not trying to rant I'm just trying to say what's going on. We talked to Nintendo and they said that there are having problems and they are working on it, but still unsure of when it will be resolved. I don't think it could possible last much longer. Friend brawl isn't as bad, it only disconnects every now and then so I just recommend staying off of anyone brawl until this issue is resolved.
You're being rash over what's going on when the Nintendo staff have already noticed the issue, and it's under maintenance. If you haven't noticed, we already have an abundance of threads created solely on how Wifi is "shutting down permanently." If it's already under consideration to the Nintendo Staff, and you know it's being fixed, don't continue to state problems that will be overlooked when the maintenance is complete, that's what we have a Social Thread for.
Just calm down on stating issues with the Servers that are already to everyone's attention(Who play Wifi, that is) and just chill until they're back up and running smoothly. From what i've seen, most of the things down this page are just replies, instead of questions and corrective answers.

Meaning: If you're not here to ask or answer a question (Yes, with regards to asking a question on a previously stated answer), Don't post here, please.

DCes might be due to servers trying to re stabilize
I'm not sure if the maintenance is complete, but i've had less and less Disconnections since Tuesday, so it's definitely progressing in completion.
Thanks for the suggestive thought, though :)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i just got on and ive just been dc'ed 5 times n under 10 minutes

BSP

Smash Legend
All right, so we know that it's a universal problem. Let's just wait it out and hope that it gets better.

Does anyone ever play a near lag less game with someone, but still get red dots on their connection? My wii rates the connection as poor even though the games feel fine, unless I'm just super used to lag by now.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
All right, so we know that it's a universal problem. Let's just wait it out and hope that it gets better.

Does anyone ever play a near lag less game with someone, but still get red dots on their connection? My wii rates the connection as poor even though the games feel fine, unless I'm just super used to lag by now.
My wifi does this also, only a few people on my roster areYellow

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504

It normally bases the connection's quality on how good or bad the input was reading.
If you have a very bad Screen Lag, but minor to visibly no Input Lag, it could be a Green or Blue.
If you have a horrid Input Lag, but minor to no Screen Lag, it could be Orange or Red.
Since Screen Lag can be an additive to Input Lag, it could as well play a small role in the connection quality.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫

I made this sig quite a while back.

Guess what colour everyone (apart from mcmuff1man) was.

They were all red.

Don't bother with those red dots. They mean sweet f all.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
sonikupo

when you played me where did i stand in terms of lag

yea i also do get this....

i just hate how the wiis set up in terms of how the online stuff goes

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
how is that possible because your like thousands of miles away from me

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
how is that possible because your like thousands of miles away from me
Iunno. Was it laggy for you when we played?

Everyone in that sig apart from mcmuff1man and Chis are not even in my continent LOL.

Apparently I got quite a legit connection.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I guarantee we will have a yellow-green sorta connection now Kupo. College connection is amazing.

But yes, I've had the same case as Mariobrouser does. I still get orange dots when I play ENNH and Kazoo, and the games we had were seamless.

Ammonium

Smash Rookie
I have a question. I could play wifi fine with no problems before and I was even playing some today but now whenever I try to add somebody's fc it just says awaiting registration forever even though my internet is good and they added me. Some of them could see me online and some couldn't. Any ideas on what the problem is?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ever since maint its been acting weird and unstable for a few days for me now.

Try this, delete your connection settings in your wii, readd them, then try getting on wifi and see what happends. I noticed a difference instantly

BSP

Smash Legend
I have a question. I could play wifi fine with no problems before and I was even playing some today but now whenever I try to add somebody's fc it just says awaiting registration forever even though my internet is good and they added me. Some of them could see me online and some couldn't. Any ideas on what the problem is?
You can always try reconnecting to wifi. Sometimes it works. If it doesn't, do what Dark Energy said.

Does anyone else find it odd that once you add a friend, you can't see their code in any way again? I wonder why Nintendo did that.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
copy paste from my aib blog

So as you all were shockingly aware, Nintendo brought down its network for some 6-7 hour maintenance this past Thursday.

Well the maintenance caused my online experience to go from decent to pretty bad. Believing that the possibility exists that maybe the nintendo side servers were unstable, i waited a few days up until last night when i decided to see if it was my problem. Surely enough it was so if anyone reading this is having issues maybe some of these things i've tried will help.

I port forwarded 1-65535 for my wii.

Adjusted my firewall settings

n also reserved my ip address for the wii.

This seems to have helped tremendously as the disconnects are no were near as frequent as they were. Its also helped to reduce the lag.

Not to say this is a cure all for everyone, i still have to test whether or not this'll continue to work.
for port forwarding, i called the game: Super Smash Brothers Brawl, added ports to UCP/TCP allowed all for both. Then added my wiis mac address in another line

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yes. the maintenance is still under action.
The DCs may become a bit more frequent, but it should be worth it in the end.

BSP

Smash Legend
Improved Wifi?

Is it really a possibility? That would be amazing. How much maintenance are we talking? Like just some undercover stuff that won't be noticible? Or visible improvements or anything?

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Is there any reliable sources that tell us they are improving brawls wifi?

I also think they are improving it....It would just be nice if sakurai let us know

Smash Rookie
Okay, this may or may not be related to the improvements but...

This is the first time I've ever friended someone on Wi-Fi. My friend and I both put each others friendcodes and names in, and requested each other as friends, but nothing went through. Like, I got no notice that he was sending a friend request and he had on my name something like "425-Awaiting registration," and vice-versa. We double and triple-checked the FCs and names, but they were right. It's also not like either of us had connection issues, because neither of us had problems on With Anyone, basic brawl. Also, later, it showed up connection strength circles, though we had never connected before. So now he was seeing this: "425 - Awaiting registration - (yellow circle)"

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Okay, this may or may not be related to the improvements but...

This is the first time I've ever friended someone on Wi-Fi. My friend and I both put each others friendcodes and names in, and requested each other as friends, but nothing went through. Like, I got no notice that he was sending a friend request and he had on my name something like "425-Awaiting registration," and vice-versa. We double and triple-checked the FCs and names, but they were right. It's also not like either of us had connection issues, because neither of us had problems on With Anyone, basic brawl. Also, later, it showed up connection strength circles, though we had never connected before. So now he was seeing this: "425 - Awaiting registration - (yellow circle)"

Does anyone know what the problem is?
On the FC Registration: Wi-Fi has been a bit strange lately, but the connectivity was somewhat altered since the maintenance. Things like "Ghost connecting" (Connecting to Wi-Fi successfully, but nobody shows up as online, even when you know they're there) have become a bit more frequent, and is probably the issue you are coming to. I normally go offline and online again whenever that happens, and it normally works. It's just the servers right now, nothing wrong with you or your friend's connection.

As for the "Awaiting Registration- Yellow connection" issue, this is the first time i've heard of that. Screenshot would be nice, but if you can't, it's fine. :)
Probably just another tech in the servers, hence the ghost connections and random disconnections.

Aerial is down, press it while i'm jumpin' up.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504

Smash Rookie
Yes, we were online at the same time when we made the friend requests and tried to connect, and when that connection strength symbol first appeared, but not when that screenshot was taken.

Smash Rookie
Like where would I do that?

I.e., on the Options menu? If so, how do I do it without erasing my other data?

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
I'm also having the same problem about it saying awaiting registration etc. and we've signed on and off and done so many things and still nothing happens.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm also having the same problem about it saying awaiting registration etc. and we've signed on and off and done so many things and still nothing happens.
Guess WiFi isn't through with its maintenance....
I got so pissed when everyone kept showing up as 'Offline', and people were always 'Awaiting Registration.' Hopefully it clears up momentarily.

Top Bottom