• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread (Online Discussion Q&A, GO HERE BEFORE POSTING)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I don't quite understand the problem here, I watched the video but without names over thier heads I couldn't tell who was big m and wheather being him was good or bad. Also what is "cp rainbow" and what did you do to stop him from "cp rainbow"?
Cp means counterpick.

Big M was Metaknight. He lost the match before that so it was his turn to pick the stage (CP). He chose rainbow Cruise. But his opponent didn't pick it like he was suppose to. Instead he picked Delfino Plaza. So I guess Big M went all bazurk on him with a 3 stock.

Anyways this should be discussed somewhere else. :) Heres the link to the Online General discussion thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229891

I have a problem. I use the Wifi USB Connector in order to go on Wifi. In the past, I was able to enter matches now. However, now, whenever I try to enter a match, everything would work perfectly up until I reach the practice stage and then once my partner goes into the Brawling phase my wii freezes. I have homebrew installed and stuff. This has yet to happen to any other people that I know of. I think the version of Homebrew I have is old though, would that make a difference?
yeah it could be homebrew.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i tried to play wifi with my friend the other day, but let me state some specs before anynoe jumps to answering:

Both our Wii have been modded and both discs are backup copies.
i Added him, and i ran Gecko OS 1.07B, region Free and Button Skip checked, everything else left normally, rebooter with hooks, and went to host a game.
He didnt run anything from homebrew channel and when he tried to connect he got i think error code 86420. Then he tried hosting and i joined, i got the same error code.

However both of us can "Play with Anyone", what's up with that? Able to play with random people, but not with A friend

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
and it would only be this? it has nothing to do with the fact that we were running brawl with region free on rebooter with hooks?

spuds

Smash Rookie
when I am brawling with a friend, for the first match, I am allowed to add cpu players.
but they disappear for the future matches.
Is there a way to keep the cpu opponents?

thanks.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well this is because you are hosting most likely. It switches on who can add the CPU players. Simply ask the other player to turn them on. You can tell by the area they go in, when you can turn them on or not. So just tell them to look for that.

DennisTheKing

Smash Cadet
Hi, im just wondering... Let's say ur in a basic brawl or a team battle on Wifi, How does the wii pick the players u face? ( i know its with anyone, but is there anything else The wii does?)

For Example, If you live in Ny and you go to basic brawl...will the wii try to choose opponents also from Ny? or might it try to Find people from...Europe?

I just wondered that :/

Meccs

@Meccs_
I'm pretty sure I know the answer already (no :p), but I haven't changed my GCT in a while, so I'll ask just to be sure:
There's no code out that can change VS anyones to stock, right? (well, I guess in that case the answer would be yes :p) I'll randomly be able to change everything you normally would be able to in an offline Brawl (usually after one or two people leave the group) but it never actually takes effect in-game.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'm pretty sure I know the answer already (no :p), but I haven't changed my GCT in a while, so I'll ask just to be sure:
There's no code out that can change VS anyones to stock, right? (well, I guess in that case the answer would be yes :p) I'll randomly be able to change everything you normally would be able to in an offline Brawl (usually after one or two people leave the group) but it never actually takes effect in-game.
There is no way that I know of to do that, although for a better answer you can try asking that here (might get the same answer though):

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=209

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
when I am brawling with a friend, for the first match, I am allowed to add cpu players.
but they disappear for the future matches.
Is there a way to keep the cpu opponents?

thanks.
Well this is because you are hosting most likely. It switches on who can add the CPU players. Simply ask the other player to turn them on. You can tell by the area they go in, when you can turn them on or not. So just tell them to look for that.
What Chaco said, but it switches depending on the loser I believe.
So, the loser gets the full option on how the next game will go on as. Just like he then has the power over stocks, time, and etc.

The way to keep them on is losing always unless you tell the other player to keep adding them on. Lol.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Can anyone please tell me how to fix "Error Code: 52030" when trying to connect my Wii to the internet?

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I saw one of my friends that likes 2v2 matches hosting so i thot i'd pop in. I did and I got to the practise room, it said they were brawling but I wasn't going anywhere. And the banner above that usually says "Registering Opponents" said "STOCK" in capital letters.
After4 minutes nothing happened so I gave up.
...glitch?h4x? Am I just too good with Glide Tossing?
LOL Jk but seriously idk what was going on...

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I saw one of my friends that likes 2v2 matches hosting so i thot i'd pop in. I did and I got to the practise room, it said they were brawling but I wasn't going anywhere. And the banner above that usually says "Registering Opponents" said "STOCK" in capital letters.
After4 minutes nothing happened so I gave up.
...glitch?h4x? Am I just too good with Glide Tossing?
LOL Jk but seriously idk what was going on...
You can't join a match that way has to be a friend's created room then you can join if its wa then you cannot cause you have to be logged into wa to join those matches. also watch the tagline next to your friend's code it'll say "seeking" and you can join, if it says "brawling" then you cannot.. if says "in a basic brawl" then they're in a basic brawl (wa) and teams wa just says "brawling"

Chaco

Never Logs In
You can't join a match that way has to be a friend's created room then you can join if its wa then you cannot cause you have to be logged into wa to join those matches. also watch the tagline next to your friend's code it'll say "seeking" and you can join, if it says "brawling" then you cannot.. if says "in a basic brawl" then they're in a basic brawl (wa) and teams wa just says "brawling"
Yes, you can join it. They were fighting at the moment and you must wait until they are down. "STOCK" at the top means that they are doing a stocked fight.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Around how much lag should I expect from a download speed of 1.5 MPS? Blue, green, yellow, orange, or the horrible red?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I have a question about input lag. When it happens does it effect both players equally, or does it sometime happen to one player more than the other...? Input lag is the one thing I cannot tolerate on wifi, and if I ever lose it's usually because my attacks simply aren't coming out when they are suppose to. =/ Or I cannot space correctly. =/

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I have a question about input lag. When it happens does it effect both players equally, or does it sometime happen to one player more than the other...? Input lag is the one thing I cannot tolerate on wifi, and if I ever lose it's usually because my attacks simply aren't coming out when they are suppose to. =/ Or I cannot space correctly. =/
Input lag changes all the time based on the latency your getting during the match

my best advice is; play more cautiously or defensively. If you dont think you can land that attack or spike them then dont try it

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i still cannot play one online match with a local friend.

We both have a pre-modded 3.3U wii with unknown chips.
we live about 2-3km away
both get error code 80430 whenever we try to join each other.

cant play with friends but we can play with anyone however its super laggy.

Our connection level is at about mid (yellow).

both of us arent connected to wiiconnect24 either.

Backup copies as well, shall I pull out my SD card? I do have a some homebrew apps on it.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
i still cannot play one online match with a local friend.

We both have a pre-modded 3.3U wii with unknown chips.
we live about 2-3km away
both get error code 80430 whenever we try to join each other.

cant play with friends but we can play with anyone however its super laggy.

Our connection level is at about mid (yellow).

both of us arent connected to wiiconnect24 either.

Backup copies as well, shall I pull out my SD card? I do have a some homebrew apps on it.
Error 80430 is directed at your wireless router settings. Both of you should double check your settings, try a manual configuration, and try a static IP, DMZ, etc. Help on the specifics for your router and how to change settings and setup a manual configuration can be found at support.nintendo.com enter your error code and follow the instructions. If it's still giving you that error after you've tried everything then you should call Nintendo. And no having homebrew apps will not generate error code 80430.

Folm

Smash Cadet
Why does everyone hate wifi? Isnt an onlind match just as good as an offline match if theres zero lag?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Why does everyone hate wifi? Isnt an onlind match just as good as an offline match if theres zero lag?
Well there's never 'zero' lag online. Sometimes it may seem like there's no lag, but there is always a bit of input lag, however unnoticeable. People do like WiFi; I know I like WiFi, so saying "everyone hates WiFi" is blowing it a bit out of proportion.

Nevertheless, you won't find too many serious hardcore brawlers going on WiFi a lot. The lag does make it more difficult, but I've found it just takes time to get used to it. I'm more or less just as good online as offline now, so anyone who johns about being worse on WiFi... well it's just that, johns. Everyone's worse on WiFi, but like everything else in life, you can practice and get better.

:034:

xTONEx

Smash Apprentice
Ok i have a wireless router. Do i have to set up the security on it before i can connect my wii to the internet?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I believe so. Like you can just take of the security though. All that does is prevent other people from using your router which doesn't really matter...

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Ok i have a wireless router. Do i have to set up the security on it before i can connect my wii to the internet?
just make sure the Wii agrees with the security your using. Check the Wii manual for what security it'll allow.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I just press all the same buttons that you would press to quit a match while paused. You don't have to pause first, just press L + R + A + B all at the same time. That's how I do it anyways, you might not have to press all of those buttons.

krazystitch

Smash Cadet
I just press all the same buttons that you would press to quit a match while paused. You don't have to pause first, just press L + R + A + B all at the same time. That's how I do it anyways, you might not have to press all of those buttons.

Offline, it's just A+B not L+R+A+B. And to quit it's L+R+A+Start

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Offline, it's just A+B not L+R+A+B. And to quit it's L+R+A+Start
Well I guess it would be the same as offline then. I don't see why they would have changed it :ohwell: If just A+B doesn't work you can always try my way cause I know for sure that it works.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Ive been away from brawl and at melee for a while, and am thinking of dabbling back in brawl again. Just wondering if the lag from online brawl has been alleviated at all in the last 5 months or so to make it worthwile playing?

Top Bottom