• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
i want to create my own matches in the galexy. but i dont know how to unlock characters and item switch. help me please?

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Start the ROM, go to Options>Gameshark and then fiddle around in there. If you downloaded PJ64 from here, then you'll probably have the cheat file with all the relevant codes.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I gave the best that I could, but like you I'm not great at troubleshooting controllers.

If people don't have a reddit account feel free to leave advice here so I/ND can copy + paste it over =).

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I'm going to answer for him because I'm great like that.

He doesn't use it online, or offline emulator. He only has it because he needed something to play with at the Australian tournament. He kept it because James - the original owner - owns another one and 30 other regular controllers and as such could afford to give it away.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Oh well, thx.
But I suppose it works great on console, isn't it?

If so, I'd anyway end up buying one, since I still have my N64.

joY

Pot splitter
I just got Bliss Box about a week ago and I can't be more pleased.

Works perfectly with the Hori.

Here's a picture of it on my tower as of 5 seconds ago.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
hey fellow smashers.

what are the official names for the followwing please.

1, this might be the actual name.. but the tuck and roll. self explanitory.

2, super took and roll: ( lets say ness does dair to falcon over the ground at high damage and the opponet hits z and a directional to roll as soon as they hit the ground, creating a "super tuck and roll".

3, destroyer of all combos: when your on the ground, you hit B or A or R or whatever and do this little attack spinny thing to get up. back in the day befor i knew about all that techy **** i would rely on this to "destroy" the opponets combo. hence the name.

4, the ledge destroyer of all combos: same thing as the destroyer of all combos only after your holding onto a ledge it helps you return.

5, The "*****" versian of any given attack: lets say im ness, and i go to powerfull sideboot cannon(bair) a pikachu. but i only hit him with the very tip of my boot, creating this weird half *** versian of the attack.

6, i doubt theres a name for this.. but when two attacks collide creating the booom.

7, Fireman roll: when your holding on the ledge and hit z to do this extended roll thing.

thank you.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
1. Roll
2. Tech roll
3. Get-up attack
4. Ledge get-up attack
5. weak aerial
6. clash
7. Ledge-roll? (not sure of 'official' name)

I may be wrong on some of these since I might be interpreting wrong xD

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
1. Roll

2. Tech. You can tech in place or tech in a direction (tech roll). Basically you hit z within 20 frames before hitting the ground while "tumbling" in the air after you're hit by an attack.

3. This is simply called a "get-up attack". You can either stand up when collapsed on the ground (happens when you miss a tech), roll to either side, or attack.

4. Same deal as above, except pressing Z makes you roll. Up makes you get up, and A/B makes you attack.

5. That's just the weak hit of an attack. This is especially noticeable with "sex kicks", or most characters' Nairs. Take Falcon for example: if you hit your opponent within a certain timeframe of executing the attack, you'll get the full power hit, but after a certain point, you'll get the weak hit (easily identifiable by the sound and reduced knockback). So you just gotta make sure you connect with the attack ASAP for maximum power.

6. Pretty sure we just refer to that as attacks "clanking".

7. Just a roll, I guess. One of the many options you have while on the ledge.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
The weak point of an aerial is also known as a sourspot...same applies to any weak part of any hitbox (such as the 2nd hit of Link's grounded down b). The strong hit is known as a sweetspot then.

A sex kick goes from a sweetspot to a sourspot basically.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Does every "get up" animation change (become slower) at +100%? Would be very easy to test, but I'm lazy.

That includes every motion like rolling, standing up, and attacking whether you're on the ledge or on the ground.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
idk about the rolls, etc, but all get-up attacks (ledge or otherwise) are different above and below 100%. most obvious difference imo is DK's ledge get up attack

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
The rolls are most noticeable with kirby and jigglypuff, imo, they get up slower and move more rubbery. But I'm pretty sure all characters have a different roll above and under 100%

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
getup attacks are only different depending which side of your body you land on
This is interesting. So are you saying that a getup attack from the left side may be faster than the right side? Or vice versa.

So getup attacks (non ledge) are NOT percentage dependent, but rather what-side-you're-laying-in-a-crumpled-heap dependent?

Christ, I should really just go test this for myself. BUT MECHANICS OF MATERIALS GAHHH

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
We need a "Really basic things you may not know" thread.
I second this, I've had some friends who know how to Z-cancel and dash pivot but not know that you can do high and low Ftilts/Fsmash. I couldn't believe it.

The Star King

Smash Hero
This is interesting. So are you saying that a getup attack from the left side may be faster than the right side? Or vice versa.

So getup attacks (non ledge) are NOT percentage dependent, but rather what-side-you're-laying-in-a-crumpled-heap dependent?

Christ, I should really just go test this for myself. BUT MECHANICS OF MATERIALS GAHHH
Yes. Here, instead of saying 10 chars, I will insert a sentence that serves both as filler and points out that I could just say something like "This is correct", and the 10 char limit is dumb and pointless.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master

There is 1 getup animation per side(there are only 2 sides). Getup attacks are not % affected.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Okay. Huh, I never noticed this, or maybe I just haven't been looking for it.

So are the get-up attacks both the same in terms of speed and invincibility? I'd assume hitboxes would differ because of different animations, but are they both out for the same amount of time?

Probably won't help much in the grand scheme of things, but there could be strategy here on whether to use a get-up attack depending on which side you're laying on.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
You just need to find out which ones are good.

When Link is laying on his back, he does a chop infront of him and then in the back while having invinciblity the whole time rofl. Most getup attacks suck in this game, so it's better to just getup or roll somewhere.

Destiny Warrior

Smash Apprentice
How do I reliably short hop on a keyboard? I understand I have to just barely tap the key I've configured to a C button, but it takes a great deal of effort and I'm not sure how to implement it into gameplay if I have to take my eyes off the screen every time I need to short hop...

Top Bottom