• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Okay, question about video files and getting the best quality for recorded stuff.

I made a couple crappy combos using Mupen, and encoded them as Xvid and got an .avi that is extremely good quality. However, I'd like to edit out my mistakes, and resave it. I totally did this several times before just a couple weeks ago, and I swear I used Windows Live Movie Maker and it saved it as an .avi file in the same quality.

However, I've been trying for the past hour, but can't get anything to work. It was so simple when I did it, but I can't seem to repeat it! What gives?

Any tips for retaining video quality? I tried saving it as a .wmv like they force you to, but the video still loses some of that sharpness you get with the latest graphics plug-in. The first couple videos I have are great quality and I don't know how I did that...

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
how do u add a poll to a post, like the "should gameshark stages be legal thread"

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
You need to be a premium member or get a mod to do it for you.

*looks below at my mushroom postbit...*

yeahh

Divine44

Smash Cadet
who wants to be my p2p friend sense im doomed to drop packets on galaxy with no lag spikes

and that post was hilarious kuzinator

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Lets play this weekend. I think the ping will be decent. I am in NY

On a separate note, does anyone know a good screen recorder for mac that I can use for smash?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I am on the tip of LI. Long drive...lol

I am going to college upstate next year tho. One year away, but is Colgate anywhere near you (hamilton, ny)?

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
roughly an hour and 15 minutes away. whenever you get to colgate, you should get a hold of me. also, i have a bunch of friends in the LI area. (smithtown/centerreach) i'll let you know if i'm ever in the area if you're up for some friendly 1v1's

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
cool. if colgate is anything like binghamton u, playing online while living on campus is a chore. hopefully you have a better connection

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
So, my question is how many of you guys play SSB64 on the Wii? Personally I have found it to be great, getting to use a solid controller like the gamecube controller to play, and it also runs noticeably smoother with 4 players on the Wii than it ever did on my N64. Is there a big following on the virtual console?

dandan

Smash Lord
the main problem is that it implements frame skips, which can totally screw you up.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'm sure it won't be very difficult to create an online p2p on the wii with virtual console games. Nobody has done it yet though. It does run smoother, and it feels exactly like the n64 if you get an n64 to wii controller adapter. The graphics are beautiful, also.

rando

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm trying to play online for the first time. I downloaded the project 64k file and the kaillera (?) file from this forum. I launched project 64k and could play a game offline but it was really slow for some reason. I deduced that this was because of the Glide64 plugin. I replaced this plugin with the Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 video plugin and it worked at normal speed. However, when I launch Netplay, the video plugin goes back to the Glide64 plugin. Anyway to stop this?

EDIT:
I moved all of the video plugins to a different folder than brought back the Direct3D8 plugin and renamed the file to Direct3D7.dll instead and it worked. I was able to play a game online! The game was decently lag free except for a few lag spikes. Is that expected? Does it have anything to do with the frame delay? Both mine and my partners reported as 3 in the window. What is frame delay? We both had low pings. What is "lagstat" and "lagreset"? I saw those buttons but didn't know what they were for.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
@rando, 3 frames is quite small. Lag usually has nothing to do with frame delay, but usually connection time. Do you use wifi?

I don't personally reccomend glide, Jabos3d8 is plenty. I am glad you were able to get your first game online working! Always nice to see new people in the community! Welcome.

@ korrupshen, I don't think so. I know prince has plenty of combo videos with drop canceling, but the consistancy of such tech skill in a real match is tough to get used to. The hotbox comes put for such a small time anyway. Much safer to just sh aerial.

Dsc

Smash Ace
So, my question is how many of you guys play SSB64 on the Wii? Personally I have found it to be great, getting to use a solid controller like the gamecube controller to play, and it also runs noticeably smoother with 4 players on the Wii than it ever did on my N64. Is there a big following on the virtual console?

I play on VC all the time, but there are huge differences. Like Links ridiculosly improved recovery and horizontal speed..his upb is like..crazy on VC

DMoogle

A$
Okay this is a noobish question, but how do you stop grab happy players who use pikachu and the like.
Don't get grabbed. :)

There have been a couple of threads with good discussion on this topic. The advice I usually give people is to mainly use aerial attacks (which you should be doing anyway), and be sure to consistently land behind your opponent.

rando

Smash Rookie
@th3kuzinator I am using wifi but I have a full strength connection on a wireless n network. I don't get this lag when I'm playing offline AND I tested it online but in training mode (aka only me) and it does lag sometimes.

Eduardo

Smash Rookie
hey guys, i just started playing ssb64 online but cant set up p2p, anyone help please?

dandan

Smash Lord
you have to forward a port, go to portforward.com, search for your router model, and forward a port (usually 27886 or 27888) for udp.
where are you from btw, eduardo sounds portuguese.

Eduardo

Smash Rookie
thank you dandan, im from mexico, ill go ahead and do what you said, im actually running a mac so i had a hard time to get windows and then pj64 with kaillera, the only thing is i lag too much and i cant play like that, so i guess p2p will work out for me, thanks again

NixxxoN

Smash Master
you can access most of routers via browser "192.168.1.1" or similar, then you can configure everything in the menu, opening ports aswell.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Is there a way I could make my own PC kind of a server, to play with ppl near me...? or is it something I should be paying for?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
It's possible to run a server off your own computer, not sure on the specifics on how though.

Obviously dedicated>your own though.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Are there any codes for/methods of making a VS match with Polygons not crash upon ending?

I'm aware you can restart.

Top Bottom